Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
jonezy

Rotary Letter

Tim would you like to re write it in a new post? I'll start the thread for you to post on. All the other chat and replies/thoughts can stay on this one, keeping the rotary thread clean.

Yes Nige I'm quite happy to do that . I think there is a lot more willing or interested members nowadays willing to contribute .

No disrespect but whatever I write will be passed onto one of the newer maybe more inexperienced contributors for their thoughts and therefore avoiding the temptation to pass it over to Nick or yourself etc straight away ?

If you can do the honours I'll post it tonight or tomorrow night depending on goings on at home :wink:

Don't worry I am! Fully expecting to be set up with a subject along the lines of

"the different dietary requirements of a juvenile carp compared to an adult post spawning female and which bait will best trigger their respective chemoreceptors to create a sustained feeding response sufficient enough to consume a minimum 8.73kg of bait while the moon is at 43° to the horizon and the wind is ENE with an ambient temperature of 13.8℃"

Don't worry I am! Fully expecting to be set up with a subject along the lines of

"the different dietary requirements of a juvenile carp compared to an adult post spawning female and which bait will best trigger their respective chemoreceptors to create a sustained feeding response sufficient enough to consume a minimum 8.73kg of bait while the moon is at 43° to the horizon and the wind is ENE with an ambient temperature of 13.8℃"

I am genuinely amused .

It's stuff like that that usually makes me avoid bait construction threads .

I know more about micro physics :)

That's easy and won't take long to answer Neal:

Crushed cornflakes, soaked in a tin of tuna in Buckstun Spring water, with 3mm bits of doctors yurtkers marzipan.

:lol:

Personally I think a sub forum should be created, as I'm sure you're aware of by now with me bleating(come on Wales) on about it, with a startup of 3 threads. 

The first thread will be the first rotary letter, which will run on a monthly/3 month basis (depending on interest). The second thread will be a discussion thread which will serve to harbour for discussions, obviously. The third thread will be a thread that gets reopened on the last week of each rotary letter and will serve to gauge who wants to participate in the upcoming letter. The topic will be disclosed in this third thread.

The third thread mentioned could act to persuade people such as Ian who do not feel like "being dropped in it" as it will give them a week to decide whether or not they want to be considered for nomination.

Edited by jonezy

On that note Jonezy I may well have just been ignorant, but it wasn't especially easy to find "rotary" using the search, am I correct to say originally there wasn't a specific rotary letter thread?

I agree with your proposal [emoji4] and still vote you to be mod [emoji39]

No one should feel they have to ian. It would have to be the person who was nominated right to decline without having to explain why. I'm sure there would be a few more with your view on this and it's a standing point that I totally understand.

The old letters of around 6 years ago, maybe 7, did have some great content in them though. All from some very knowledgeable blokes who might not have shared what they did without that platform. Most don't post on here any more though, unfortunately.

Quite right, Nige. My ONLY objection is the manner in which it was formatted. Whoever was first to begin a topic did so then nominated a specific person to respond. This person may, or may not, have had enthusiasm for and/or knowledge of the topic. Many did and inputted well, some didn't............. 

I'd like to see an open option on responding, not being obliged to due to peer pressure.

Ian

There is no peer pressure Ian, you either do it or you dont, who cares about what other guys think, people must have the confidence to say pass, wouldnt bother me one bit, and if somebody put a rigs format up there i would say pass because i am pretty rubbish on that score and am not afraid to admit it.

"the different dietary requirements of a juvenile carp compared to an adult post spawning female and which bait will best trigger their respective chemo receptors to create a sustained feeding response sufficient enough to consume a minimum 8.73kg of bait while the moon is at 43° to the horizon and the wind is ENE with an ambient temperature of 13.8℃"

back off boyo!!! already covered this last week :twisted: :twisted:

searched out my findings on this subject for you Neal, it was

For the first part, juvies will eat almost anything but only when no one is on the bank whereas an adult female (post spawn) will only peck at freebies.

for the second, CELL!!   :P

Cyborx - I was thinking cell, isn't it the greatest food for all living things ? From newborn babies to a resurrected T-Rex??

i think it goes equally great with chilli mayo or BBQ sauce,,,,,, am i right?  yes i am :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Personally I think a sub forum should be created, as I'm sure you're aware of by now with me bleating(come on Wales) on about it, with a startup of 3 threads. 

The first thread will be the first rotary letter, which will run on a monthly/3 month basis (depending on interest). The second thread will be a discussion thread which will serve to harbour for discussions, obviously. The third thread will be a thread that gets reopened on the last week of each rotary letter and will serve to gauge who wants to participate in the upcoming letter. The topic will be disclosed in this third thread.

The third thread mentioned could act to persuade people such as Ian who do not feel like "being dropped in it" as it will give them a week to decide whether or not they want to be considered for nomination.

If anyone would like to read what I have to say, I will happily contribute.

This forum has gone very quiet of late.

But that is just pushing peoples buttons to create a bun fight, it's not good content and is borderline trolling doing the site more harm than good in the long run, the rotary letter idea is good I would be happy to contribute if asked and I felt I had something to add.

Not at all, there are many views about many things relating to our sport, most guys never air them because they get accused of doing what you are suggesting, me i dont give a damn, i take the shots but you all can give your opinions for or against, otherwise as moose so rightly said, it all gets a little tedious.

But that is just pushing peoples buttons to create a bun fight, it's not good content and is borderline trolling doing the site more harm than good in the long run, the rotary letter idea is good I would be happy to contribute if asked and I felt I had something to add.

Spot on.