Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jonezy

Rotary Letter

134 posts in this topic

Androooo, you are an educated guy, take a look at the bigger picture, its only as the man says if you dont agree with the point, arent we all afforded the same view if we dont agree with someone elses, there is a post running on another website, over 60,000 members, just 30 posting. Why, is it that, they go there for info, you can do that without joining and a lot of people do. I have seen people get their butts kicked on here, BFB, and the guy who said Zigs was fly fishing to name but two, people have views that should be discussed in a civilised manner, and opinions will divide, where i felt i have gone over the top, i have no hesitation in apologising and have done so many times, you are one of the few people who would do that, i have had a few. Generally the other guy sinks into abuse and weasels when they are wrong, if you stick to placid stuff, bait threads or discussing hooks or a social with sixteen participants, no forum will have a future, it needs content, motivate the silent masses dont knock the contributors that you dont always agree with.

Tim would you like to re write it in a new post? I'll start the thread for you to post on. All the other chat and replies/thoughts can stay on this one, keeping the rotary thread clean.

I was waiting for Nigel to start the thread as per the quote above , but I don't see any reason why I can't start it myself tbh .

It's a bit late now but I'll get something down over the weekend if that's ok fellas ?

Sounds good to me Tim, where you bin, we missed you.

Not much of anything really mate :)

This forum is poorer without input from guys lke you, you tread the middle path, the voice of common sense, i value your input and so do others, dont disappear for so long, we miss you.

nealjt likes this

I was waiting for Nigel to start the thread as per the quote above , but I don't see any reason why I can't start it myself tbh .

It's a bit late now but I'll get something down over the weekend if that's ok fellas ?

Sorry matey, misunderstanding there! I meant, if you post yours up, I would move it to a new thread.

Just start a new thread yourself when your ready Tim. X

newmarket likes this

Tried to access this sub forum and had this message.

Sorry, we couldn't find that!

[#103139]

You do not have permission to view this forum.

Need Help?

•Our help documentation

•Contact the community administrator

Any reason why .

Yes Nicks made a rickety by his own admission . Search his last post , explains all :wink:

Big fat yes from me mate and that subject would help me out massively! So even if it doesn't happen please feel free to write it and inbox it to me personally [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The way the rotary's used to work is the poster would usually nominate the next member, so on and so on. The problem was not everybody wanted to do it, so it fell apart sometimes. I know there are some great writers on here but I wouldn't want to nominate any of them (apart for nick lol) without knowing they wanted to do it in the first place.

A rotary needs other members to contribute, they may well go over old ground or already written stuff but, sometimes there are little gems we can all glean.

So if anyone wants to have a crack, stick your name up and we'll compile a list.

Nick you haven't got a choice as your in charge, and secretly I know you enjoy writing :)

nealjt likes this

count me in gaz, according to some on here i have nothing worth contributing but im sure i can dredge up some memories and tips from before the nay sayers were even born ;:lol:

spr1985 and nealjt like this

I use to like the rotary letter on here. It's a good chance to have a good waffle about fishing in general. I'll never be a bait buff,but I do "get" why some people go deep into it,it's an important part of angling. I'd probably gab about my love/passion for angling ...... But....... I'd like to see Hutch do a peice on here. He's obviously clued up on his baits,he's northern (it's grim oop north) so we don't have that many easish waters and as I don't put too much importance into bait (I have 110% confidence in my supplier) I'd like to here his views on the rotary.... Just keep it simple coz once the science stuff comes in I'm lost

nealjt likes this

We are not exactly itching Stevo, we are getting bored waiting, Hutch does his bait stuff, but whats been suggested, is it his field, i dont know but Hutch feel free to get this started if you are so inclined, lets get going boys.

I think gazlaar should start it off with his feature finding stuff! Soooo much stuff on here about bait already

Edit:- no offence intended hutch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by spr1985

That's the whole idea of a rotary letter spr1985. It's people's thoughts,not as much as an advice thing(as most topics are) even tho you will learn from a rotary. But Gary has started inputting on the forum again lately so....... It's over to you Gents.... Don't wait for an invite,just write.

I would like to do a bait one as well, and hutch would be a great candidate for along with a few others.

I have gotten some stuff written down already I just need a few more days to finish it off, but if anyone wants to start it off I'm happy with that. Remember just to nominate just the guys who have put their name up.

Well done Gaz!

Very good point about regular patrol routes.

A good read and it will be interesting to read the next instalment.

Cheers

Ian

Well done Gaz!

Very good point about regular patrol routes.

A good read and it will be interesting to read the next instalment.

Cheers

Ian

Cheers fella, I could of done a lot more but I just don't have the time at the moment, watercraft is a very complex subject with lots of characteristics, so i think it's better to give an overview and let the next member have his say, :)