Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
johnplumb

Want to fish Kevin Nash's lakes ?

Would say the Copse Lake would be far from easy, small lake, which has been developed so its water quality is also high and small group of big fish are usually very tricky affairs, look at Rich Wilby's Spitfire Pool for example.

Freeman0121's quote of the comment Kevin made on Facebook has caused more damage in this affair than anything else and has got peoples backs up, IMO it was a bad piece of PR by Mr Nash

The lakes were originally setup as an experiment to see how big he could get fish to grow in a high quality environment, now he has made a business move to start a Nash portfolio of lakes so the waters now need to make money, he has invested over 400k  in those lakes and seeing as it is a business you have to recoup some of this money plus the lakes will only be open 5 days a week, closed on weekends.  The day ticket price has not been set yet but i expect it to be what i would class as high, but these type of fisheries are popping up all over the RH Fisheries are not cheap, CM has mentioned Holme Fen I dont know what price a session is on there but they have been auctioning chances to fish i believe (these could have been for charity).

In round up I think he is perfectly entitled to auction first dibs to have a crack at those fish (this is the way a section of our sport is going), but his comments on other areas was a very bad PR move.

He must be hard up for money  :P

That's easy for us anglers to say because we are the reasons he is rich in the first place, but is that not true of all high profile business people  :?: , don't get me wrong I am not defending him and its not the first time I have seen Mr Nash make salty remarks regarding things that go on in the fishing industry.

That's easy for us anglers to say because we are the reasons he is rich in the first place, but is that not true of all high profile business people  :?: , don't get me wrong I am not defending him and its not the first time I have seen Mr Nash make salty remarks regarding things that go on in the fishing industry.

Problem is he has done some of those things himself.

There are rumours and facts around of some of his doings, and let's just say, not all are honourable.

I avoid Kevin Nash Tackle and Bait now unless it is definitely a better product as I would not want to put money in his pocket.

The lakes will be exactly the same, I would not want to put money towards anything he does.

Could I save up and bid, or get a group of mates to bid and fish, yes I could, but as said:

Too darn much!

I am sure you know more than most Nick  :)

I avoid Kevin Nash Tackle and Bait now unless it is definitely a better product as I would not want to put money in his pocket.

This statement is a classic example of company biting the hand that feeds them to often as I'm sure your not alone  :)

I like his sense of fun, charged too much for Withey, but if your that way inclined, Holme Fen is a lot more reasonable, but like most of these places, just a chance to pick up a cheap PB, no thanks, pass on both.

cheap PB steve?? did you have a look at the current bids?

5 day sesh on copse for 3 was £1800+

over £100 per day hahaha!! i would want to take the fish home with me and hug it and stroke it and pet it forever :lol:

Yes please... I know Nash has a bit of reputation according to some, but what a lad eh  :mrgreen:

I didn't know Lac Cavanac was owned by Nash, love the look of that place

Keep loving it, but know you would be fishing for fish stolen from other French waters.

http://subsurfacejournal.co.uk/catac/

It kind of highlights one of my worries, are the fish in those Essex lakes legal or not?

Keep loving it, but know you would be fishing for fish stolen from other French waters.

http://subsurfacejournal.co.uk/catac/

It kind of highlights one of my worries, are the fish in those Essex lakes legal or not?

He may of moved a few to the french venue, i doubt he would ship them to the UK. 

On the web site for the UK lakes it claims all the fish are British, even a 50lb mirror that is said to of been hatched and raised in the lake, to the size it is today.

I haven't got the kind of money needed to fish these lakes, but if the opportunity came along. i wouldn't say no.

What proof have you got he illegally imported his fish?

What proof is there he didn't?

He has admitted stealing fish from French Waters, and stocking them into another water. Essex has long been known for numbers of illegal importations, it doesn't take much thought to consider the implications.

What proof is there he didn't?

He has admitted stealing fish from French Waters, and stocking them into another water. Essex has long been known for numbers of illegal importations, it doesn't take much thought to consider the implications.

Inocence doesn't have to be proven guilt does and for you to to come on a forum and accuse somebody of a crime with out any proof is bit of a joke imo.

Inocence doesn't have to be proven guilt does and for you to to come on a forum and accuse somebody of a crime with out any proof is bit of a joke imo.

Liam,

Get this, Kevin Nash has admitted fish theft, from waters in France, the interview was recorded, is on record, was or still is available on YouTube. In fact somewhere on this forum is the link to it. He admitted stealing fish!

I aired MY concerns as to why I would not fish it. I have not got the belief the fish are totally legitimate stockings, and I said as such.

Until there is a list shown of every stocked fish with the (section 30) consents and permissions, as far as I'm concerned the lakes have their doubts.

There has also been queries regarding provenance of some of the stock in both fishing media and magazines, questions put on Facebook, various other forums etc

To correct your statement, there is circumstantial evidence, and some direct proof and admittance of fish theft.

The joke, mate, is on you!

I would love to able to fish his lakes for the fish he has in there. But like most I don't have the funds to do so. Am I gonna get angry about it and slate home for it no. I'd love a Bugatti but I don't slate them for making a car I can't afford.

One day I might be able to do both but I know which will be more achievable. As for him and his company. You either like him or you don't.

I'm not gonna bash a man for trying to make money after all that's what we are all trying to do some of the time. Their his waters and he is entitled to do with them as he wishes. I'm not gonna boycott his tackle or lakes just because I can't afford to go to his lakes yet or disagree with how he wishes to run his waters. I seam to remember Another well known lake doing this in the past with no complaints.

Anyway happy fishing all

Edited by wookiejedi