Losing spods from breakoffs,

I'm fine with a palomar, but sometimes struggle getting the tag through the eye twice, especially with braid and hooks which are smaller than most on here use.

Now to ask the same question, would wax or oil help reduce the weakening effect of knotting braid?

If it does it gives more options.

Just a thought: does (or would) wax / oil (vegetable, co-op finest) rubbed onto the braid help it knot without causing so much weakening?

Yeah palomar knot, but some of us struggle with some knots.

Any lubrication will protect it as you tighten the knot. Lipsyl works well!

In terms of knotting a spod to a braid and not cracking off at the knot, I always tie a large figure 8 loop into the end of the braid, big enough to "loop to loop" it onto the spod. Means you can change your spod/spomb with ease, and when I was rock climbing the figure 8 loop knot kept me alive so I'd happily trust it with a spod! :)

Would any of you gentlemen be willing to put your name to a recommendation for a mainline braid for both marker and spod use? I have just got spod and marker rods with reels and need to get some braid on them and would rather not just buy blind.... I'd rather have some recommendations to look at and you never know it may prevent these crack offs that have been mentioned [emoji12]