Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
keeno86

Fist session in well over a year.

Hey guys,

I'm off on my first session in a long time. Doing a 48 hour at my old lake. The excitement is killing me. Though this lake has produced some cracking sessions over the years but also its fair share of blanks. Hopefully something will grace my net. I'll also be trying a lot of new gear, I've been upgrading bits and changing to new hooks and hooklinks ect. I'm a big supporter of nash baits, unfortunately my bait of choice, purple monster squid, is no longer available so I'm giving Nash 4g squid and the key a try out. If either one does the business ill continue using that one for the rest of the year. I'll update once im at the lake.

Wish me luck,

Dovii!

Edited by Dovii

Good luck buddy, just come back from prebaiting, its cold.

I've been following the weather for west Sussex where the lake is, lots of rain and below freezing at night, not my ideal first session back from a long break. But the one thing we lot cant control I the weather. Cant bloody wait

just got back, sorry for no updates, the reception there was so bad i may as well have been on the moon. not that i would have anything to update tbh. not a carp between 3 of us. i had a double catfish at 2:30am on the Saturday. i like my cats so wasn't to bad. but the temperature through the nights is what made this session interesting not the fish. both nights went well below freezing, it was one of the most brutally cold weekends ive done, and just wasn't prepared for it. i did not expect to have my water freeze up or have frost inside my bivvy in  April. all was not lost though, i think it was the extreme cold at night and much milder days that turned the fishing off as only a few other small cats came out from other anglers and the lake was full. this trip was more a test trip anyway, i had a lot of new stuff with me i hadn't used before. the one that stood out a mile was my new line, x-line fluorocarbon in 20lb, this is by far the fastest sinking most supple fluoro i have used. my old sleeipng bag has served its purpose to, its a nash snug, ive never been that cold in it so ive got a nash frosbite sub 20 ordered so i dont ever get that cold again. next 48 hour at this lake is booked for 3 weeks. hopefully ill see a carp on the bank, its been a while.

Couple of frosty nights on my trip last week. Can't believe it!

When I came back to carp fishing I learnt on my first night out that the main thing you need to stay comfy in cold sessions is a warm suitable bed and bag/system. Now I've sorted that out the cold doesn't bother me.

Could have done without the driving hail, rain, and kite flying winds though!

Why Is that mate?

I think I must be losing my touch in my old age , either I have a mind like a sewer or there's a typo in the thread title .

First time I've ever had to explain THAT one lol

hope the carp gods are more forgiving when i go on wednesday, last thing i want is to be sitting watching the lake freeze over in the night :lol:

Best take your Barnes Wallis Running Rigs with yer Jonboy :)