Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
phir

Stop the Madness!!

Guest Swamptrout

I think you hit it on the head who is going to clean up  the dead carp 

Guest Swamptrout

I'm a true blue Aussie my ancestors were convicts so what doesn't bother me. What does is people from the UK telling us what to do with Carp, Rabbits and Foxes when they were the ones that introduced them. Now back to my reply something has to be done to eradicate carp from our waterways, they are in plague proportion, but I believe more research is needed before they release this virus.

Edited by Swamptrout

You have a problem, cant you solve it in a commercial way, this solution is idiotic, how if the Aboriginies felt the same about you, you are an import, think balance and exploitation not crazy mass extinction, i hate to see the bulking of our lakes with carp at the expense of our natural species, but some people have exploited the resource, i would urge you to do the same but restore balance.

Guest Swamptrout

I don't have any problems, actually I have a few pommy friends YES THAT'S HOW THEY REFER TO THEM SELVES. 1 CALLS HIMSELF A 10 QUID IMPORT.  I just get my back up when others rubbish Australia. Hope this sorts out our differences

I feel sorry for you fisho' s over there having to pay to fish. At present the Victorian Government are heavily stocking rivers, lakes etc. All financed by your fishing licence fees which you need to fish inland and saltwater cost is about $30. Free if you are a senior or on a pension, What I think a lot of the trouble about these carp culls you don't se or hear the true story. I don't get around as much as I did due to health issues and I have seen , literally thousands of carp gasping for air because of the droughts drying up  waterways. We could debate this for a week and get nowhere. In the last couple of years I have read different reports on this virus and everyone has a different opinion so you may be receiving some of this rubbish. These days I can only fish where there is easy access. I do catch a few carp and on light gear they put up a great fight. I abide by our laws and despatch them in a humane way. As for the introduction of this virus, by what I'm reading it is still a long way off

As for feeling precious or mentioning convicts lol

No one here in Aus cares

I'm from Stafford in the Midlands

I have had my fair share of being called Pommy C, Pommy B, Pommy F, It peed me off in the very beginning but I quickly learned it means nothing in all reality

If you react or get all politically correct over here your screwed lol

I've been here in Western Australia 8 years and really miss freshwater fishing but I now know of a Perch fishing location 4 hrs drive from here and a location for catching some freshwater carp species here

As for releasing viruses into waterways that is stupid being polite.