Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
tonymgarner

First Trip to France - Bait Conundrum

Hi.

I am booked to take my son on our first ever fishing trip to France. For the lake we are fishing, there have been some posts of 30-50 fish caught in a week.

My conundrum is Boilies.....

The lake list bait sold on site as mainline cell or hybrid (although quite expensive). I can obviously buy this in the UK and a lot cheaper than in France.

Or

Should I use a local bait company who's gravity range seems to be a good but not proven on the lake.

Mainline or Gravity?????

Hi.

I am booked to take my son on our first ever fishing trip to France. For the lake we are fishing, there have been some posts of 30-50 fish caught in a week.

My conundrum is Boilies.....

The lake list bait sold on site as mainline cell or hybrid (although quite expensive). I can obviously buy this in the UK and a lot cheaper than in France.

Or

Should I use a local bait company who's gravity range seems to be a good but not proven on the lake.

Mainline or Gravity?????

It is quite likely that the lake sees plenty of Mainline boilies, so as much as I dislike them, they may be worth a shout. Then you have your own confidence in your local company.

Take some of each.

BBR Gravity, without a doubt!!

I took 30 kg to France in April on a water that had never seen it before. I ended up with 7 x 40's to 48.12, 7 x 30's to 39, 7 x 20's to 29 plus a couple of doubles.

It's well suited to taking abroad - it's primarily a nut meal so it won't go over too quickly, air dries really well too (worth partially re-hydrating if you're fishing at distance though as you'll need the weight to get them out in the stick). It's a little different to anything you'll have used before and a quick sniff of it will confirm that if you try it.

I should point out I'm on the BBR team so of course I would big it up, but believe me I wouldn't be on the team if I didn't have 100% confidence in the bait.

Gravity is the best in the range IMO. I joined the team last year after sampling it and had 9 fish to mid 30's in my first two sessions, from a water on which many don't catch that in a year. IMO you cannot get much more of an instant response than that. It's worked brilliantly longer term on my syndi too. In fact it's worked well everywhere I've taken it.

Glyn is a legend too. I really couldn't recommend them highly enough.

I'd pick Gravity over Cell/Hybrid any day of the week.

The lake I'm going to in a couple of weeks time is predominantly a Sticky Baits Krill water.

It's the only bait they sell there, and most of the catch reports show that SB Krill figured in the catch.

Me? I like to be a little bit different....

I'm taking Trent Baits Freshwater Shrimp. 

I shall buy a couple of kilos of Krill while I'm over there "just in case" but I'm confident with what I'm using.

Last year I took my mates "cell a like" boilies with me and didn't have a particularly good week.

I think these carp like a "meatier" bait.