Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

hey guys,

more than a couple of the threads i have started have turnt into proper debates, even heated ones. this one i expect to be no different lol. i cant help but notice a lot of negativity towards korda, not just here, other forums, even on the bank. i dont understand it, i get that a few of their products have had issues but is this down to everyone using it, what i mean is that if there are 1000 korda hooks purchased a week (obviously for arguments sake) and 100 from another company, if say 1 in 100 hooks are not up to scratch then your only going to hear about 1 from x company but 10 from korda. when you look at the sheer amount of tackle items korda produce then surely you would hear about more problems than other companies out there?

as for people having a go at thinking tackle and masterclass dvd`s/films, yes i know that its 90% advertising and some (especially newer anglers) can get caught up in it. but i think they have no equal in the way they have informed us about carp care, how to handle the fish ect. i know some people will have been very experienced in all things carp care and all the rest without the dvd`s, some may even say they are wrong in what they preach, but not everyone has been fishing 10 years, not everyone had someone experienced to teach them. ive only been fishing for 5 years, without the dvd`s out there i wouldnt have known where to start. after watching a few i knew what different items were out there, what they were used for, what situations needed certain bits, i did get caught up in it, i think korda shares went up 150% in my first months fishing lol, but as mentioned, when it come to fish care, handling, and identifying what was needed for weed, snags ect i fear i may have unknowingly put carp at risk without what i learned from the dvd`s.

in my latest thread on leads it amazed me how people on here who i would say are very experienced didnt agree on certain things, what was safest. as with most things in fishing everyone has their own way, and as long as they are doing everything in their power to be safe and look after our beloved carp then thats cool. im no korda lover, but like most of us i do have several items of theirs in my tackle box. i just think they get a bad rap sometimes when in some areas, most importantly the ones mentioned above i think they have done more for carp angling than most. all just my opinion of course, im interested to hear yours.

Que the rocky music.............................................

Edited by Dovii

Korda make good tackle always have IMO, like their videos too especially the masterclass ones.  People always find something to be negative about but it is often unfounded or just jealousy coming through.

If you dislike their stuff don't buy it simple as, these bashing threads are totally boring tbh

I use lots of different companies for my kit, if its good I buy it, no companies make the best of everything, so bits from them all serves me well enough.

I even have a Korda T Shirt lol, though in reality very little of my kit is theirs.

I've got a few Korda bits in my box,in saying that I've got fox,atomic,gardener ESP etc etc.

I think there is a bit of negativity towards Korda,I feel they put pressure on the newer members of our sport.... It's gotta be Korda this Korda that and of course there going to say that,it's one big advert. But I do think they have helped promote the safety side of carp angling,and that can only be a good thing. I'll never forget the look of fear on a newbie face at a large tackle store near where I live as he filled his basket with everything Korda coz Danny said so...... "You will definitely get more bites if everything blends into the lake bed" they said........ Now there promoting coloured kickers!!!!!! It's just telling the angler what they want to hear..... But at the end of the day,it's BIG business innit.

I'm with you Dovvi, I don't understand the Korda bashing.

Korda is a large money making enterprise, and provide the angler with a variety of choice. Most of their kit is pretty decent, and I use some of their bits. I actually recently bought the updated Rigsafe - quality bit of kit IMO.

There have been a few people that have experience quality issues with some bits - I've never had any problems myself - but then I stick to what I know works. Personally I wouldn't use their lead clip, as feel others on the market (fox) that come with a pin to secure in place, offer a safer option.

I've seen a few of their DVD's - free and purchased ones, and they aren't too bad. The free ones are full of advertising - but that's the point in the DVD in the first place! Why else would they spend thousands of pounds on a DVD? It has to make money for them. You wouldn't see a Calloway golf DVD advertising / using other brand kit. They offer the beginner a decent insight to fish care, and get's people to think about fishing safely. That said - the Nash DVD does a better job, and is a more enjoyable watch.

Another view I hear, is that they copy others ideas, and add a K to the start. The Krusher was one of those products that got slated, as it's a copy of a weed grinder. However, to me, and a large number out there that have NEVER dabbled in anything other than a puff on a cigarette aged 14, I'd never heard of such a thing - and it offers me a new / easy option for crushed boilies.

The coloured kickers / blend-in thing - it's giving the angler an option to make up their own mind.

Korda are victims of their own success. Any company in any area of business that can successfully attract newcomers to an activity, hold their interest, and hold their business is a massive success! The problem with Korda is that carp anglers are a wonderfully mascacistic bunch, who love the challenge, and the fact that what we are doing is hard, and that every fish on the bank represents a victory over nature and probablilty, and not everyone could do it.

Korda have however created a stampede of anglers who watch a few hours of telly and buy a cog lead and a tub of tuna-chilli-salt-hemp and a bag of cell and think that they'll empty the lake. Supply and demand has caused the popping up of lakes all over the land where you can do just that. Soon enough the mags are filled with stockie 40lb puddle pigs, the magic is gone to an extent, and it puts some peoples backs up.

So the way to fight back is to resist anything that represents this movement. For a lot it's Korda gear, for some it's mainline baits, for others it's fishing nothing other than old secret estate lakes full of weed and original fish.

But each to their own. It's pretty much a different catagory of fishing if you ask me, and anyone that's only fished gravelled swimmed man made pools where every fish has been stocked is missing out if you ask me. But it's all about getting from it what you personally want.

Is there anything wrong with Korda stuff, nope, I've got loads of it. Nothing wrong with mainline baits either but I wouldn't use it. That's my thing, others will have theirs.

Agree with everything you say there sharpy,mate. Except the kickers one. Go back 6/7 years and it's ALL rig concealment,nothing less would do. To someone just getting into carp fishing there going to take that as gospel. Now there saying get a bit of colour down there,highlight your rig. Very confusing for someone new to the sport. A small gripe by me I admit,but still one that confuses me

Personally I wouldn't use their lead clip, as feel others on the market (fox) that come with a pin to secure in place, offer a safer option.

I take it you haven't seen the hybrid lead clip Sharpy?

Splice/tie it on directly, very safe, always drops the lead - they are the munga man, wicked  :wink:

I use some Korda stuff, the IQ fluro hook lengths and the heli-safe, i like them, i have bits and bobs from most of the known companies in my tackle box, i see how it gets annoying when korda re-brand a hook pattern or something as a never seen before original product

Not even worth talking about. It's a tackle company ffs.

IMO miserable people will look for something they do not like to feed their insatiable appetite for moaning/slating, then look for something to blame it on and moan about that too. They'll normally start with the most successful target in any given field.

These guys can find a way to blame the 'problems' in carp angling (i.e. the things they do not like, but don't have to acknowledge, rather they choose to) on pretty much anything, when in actual fact the only true poison in the sport is themselves, IMO.

If there was no Korda someone else would be to blame.

How we all differ , i would not use a Fox hook ever again due to the fact i had one snap on a take ( it was brand new ), it felt like i just bumped the fish .

The hook pattern i believe was their S2 size 6.

Korda hooks i use a lot and as of yet never had a problem. 

One thing i have never bought is a korda hook, just don't like the look of them, ever since they did those camo ones, always stick to the fox armor points for my bottom baits and a Gardner hook for my pop-up rigs

I use gardner muggas a lot but I have to say the Korda Curve is equal, maybe better.  Made some rigs for a mate using his Curves and by the time I had finished my hands were covered in blood - pretty damn sharp and strong guage.

I've since bought some.

Edited by kevtaylor

Strangely, I have had and seen problems with Korda hooks, hooklinks and lead clips/tail rubbers.

I do not like the Korda advertorials, and must use of Korda tackle when there are other makes of equivalent tackle, be it curved shank hooks, hooklink materials, and I do not like many of the self proclaiming articles by some of the sponsored/employed anglers, so I choose to avoid them.

I do however respect Danny Fairbrass for his getting up off his backside and going into tackle shops himself to sell his leads (originally) and then his original marketing of his products, but I do not like the modern way of his company doing it.

It has however meant that Fox, Nash and others have had to follow suit with their fishing DVD's.

I find the whole korda marmite thing really interesting. Any big marketing enterprise puts me off, I'm the same with name brand clothes, I feel embarrassed if someone comments because of the brand. I've not heard bad rumors about Mr Danny though, and to think it was built from nothing is pretty impressive! I have a krusha and like their Chod hooklink. Really liked their Krank hooks until I realised how bendy they are in larger sizes.

I'm pro korda and the whole ethos, great company, started from scratch and has gone on to great things. Hats off to em! They are now one of the biggest companies about and for the boss to have a connection with daiwa is only a bonus. I too have bits from most tackle manufacturers. I'm loving the avid tuned range,well made fair priced stuff. Korda prices are fair and average, I buy bits n bobs now and again but all companies do stuff I use for every method I use. I think some people wish they had the balls to start selling leads and end up with a large profitable company.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

I've got Korda stuff.

I've got Avid Carp stuff.

I've got Ridgemonkey stuff.

I've got Gardner stuff.

I've got Fox stuff.

I've got Trakker stuff.

I've got Korum stuff.

I've got Nash stuff.

I've got Carp Porter stuff.

Ive got Angling Technics stuff.

I've got Rig Marole stuff.