Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
greekskii

Carpy Chronicles

Hi All,

I have started a blog to document my captures over the past years and will continue to do so in the future. 

Let me know what you think and how I could improve it. It's mainly written for myself as a diary but thought it might as well be shared, it may inspire some one.

https://carpychrons.wordpress.com/

Feedback and sharing it would be much appreciated.

As said it is an unwritten code of no publicity. Even when I've moved on I'll still observe it. Maybe one day it'll stop being fished and I can post my pics.

It is a shame I can't put them up as I think you're right, it adds to the story. Seeing the end results and everything. Luckily I have fished a few waters that I can publicise the catches on. There is always a few on my Instagram too.

I fish a no publicity venue , but i have still posted the odd fish and venue photo,

Nobody would know where it was and no one would know any the fish other than others who fish their. I guess its down to interpretation or over zealous owners

IMG_0947.jpg

Its down to protocol, going back many years, we dont advertise, you get your venue swamped with wannabees, and hard work and dedication go out the window, we saw the destruction of Barbel venues through the same thing, the circus aint welcome, nor the fish theives, you fish here, the rules are clear, keep it to yourself and whoever sees it, at the end of the day the last thing you want to do is spoil your own fishing, break the rules and you will not be welcome on most of our venues and we have fish to 60 pounds around here, but not telling where and neither will anyone else.

regional secret squirrel superiority complex alert .

Keeping it hush hush is your business and fair enough .

But TELLING that it's hush hush ?

Just an explanation for no pics mate, its not the guys on here, the whole internet can see, and as for your point Dayvid, i wouldnt mind betting some of your locals would be able to work out where that is.

Dave Lane wintered on one of our venues, he never named the venue, it was picked in about 30 seconds by our locals from his blog, last year me and Ian, Welder were discussing a bit of the Nene that we both know well, spent weeks baiting the swims, and guess what, some kid stuck a blog on you tube, i will give you 2 guesses where he got his info, big brother and little brother are watching, silence is golden.