Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
greekskii

Carpy Chronicles

50 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

I am going to set you a personal challenge along with your targets, catch six carp between now and 15th of March, i reckon unless you get a red letter session on this lake, you will fail, i have every faith in you and trust your honesty, i think this will be very difficult unless spring comes very early, good luck buddy, i hope you do it, i doubt anyone else could.

challenge accepted. Remind me on the 15th for a count up. Can I include the one I caught a few weeks ago? :lol:

6 hours ago, greekskii said:

I think you'd be crazy staying on another year chasing a bigger thirty Vik.

30.01 is as much a thirty as a 39.15 imo. Your best chance of a bigger fish is likely a recapture of the one you've had, it's the lake record! I can't see that pleasing you as much as you think it might?

18 minutes ago, yonny said:

I think you'd be crazy staying on another year chasing a bigger thirty Vik.

30.01 is as much a thirty as a 39.15 imo. Your best chance of a bigger fish is likely a recapture of the one you've had, it's the lake record! I can't see that pleasing you as much as you think it might?

I do believe there is bigger fish in there. If this fish put on that weight then the other fish I've had at 26-27lb could easily be up there prior to spawning. We will see what happens by the end of May. Likely I will be headed elsewhere but circumstances may change. I know that other rewards are elsewhere but as CM said, it's hard not to fall for the place (minus some of the idiots) 

17 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

Uless it warms up suddenly end of Feb, i reckon this is a serious challenge for this lake in Winter for anybody, Dave Lane failed less than half a mile from there, the micro climate of this area makes the fish pretty torpid for months, Zigs dowb the shallows in the sunshine may be a method we all need to try and maybe your best shot/

I know mick has had 3 out since the start of the month on short sessions so I have hope. It seems they are waking slightly from a December of inactivity. Food reserves diminishing and the otter chasing them about will be burning more energy than they want to be. 

On 23/01/2018 at 08:45, carpmachine said:

I am going to set you a personal challenge along with your targets, catch six carp between now and 15th of March, i reckon unless you get a red letter session on this lake, you will fail, i have every faith in you and trust your honesty, i think this will be very difficult unless spring comes very early, good luck buddy, i hope you do it, i doubt anyone else could.

Had two since this afternoon. Night ahead of me. Might be at that 6 fish quicker than expected!