Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Mitchell avorunner V2 7500 Reel

2015-12-08-07-00-45--1838257518_zpsqfyi8

General Info

The Avorunner V2 is an upgraded and imrpoved version of Mitchell's most succesfull freespool reels. The bearing count has increased from 6 to 10 and this helps to provide a smoother and more efficent feel. The winching power has also been improved by increasing the length of the handle and size of line roller. In addition, the cosmetics and graphics have also been amended to help make the Avorunner V2 a seriously improved freerunner at a competitive price.

Machined Aluminium Handle

Stainless steel bail system

Matt black soft touch paint

Aluminium Spool

Aluminium Spare Spool

Ratio 4.8:1

Capacity 14lb - 430yds

First Impressions

Well what can i say apart from the catalogue picture's do it no justice at all, these reels are much more pleasing to the eye in the flesh.

13b646c1-524a-488d-bd9c-f2175a2e0ff8_zps

The reel feels really smooth, tight and they are not as heavy as i was expecting. The line lay is excellent, and for the money you pay for this reel it certainly feels like a quality reel. The baitrunner system is smooth, and so is the front and rear clutch.

I am really looking forward to bank testing this reel, i can't wait to see how it performs when casting and playing fish. For a reel that cost's somewhere in between £50 to £60 your not going to be disappointed.

It's about 3 years on now and these reels haven't missed a beat, they have performed really well in all weather conditions.

ESP PVA Mesh

65b65ac2-a22f-4a02-ae29-60f21b1058cd_zps

General Information

ESP PVA Mesh

Kits are available in 20mm,25mm or 32mm and are ideal for producing balls of pellets, crushed boilies and stiks.

The bait tube has a slightly flared top to make filling easier and is moulded in a tough durable polymer. The Plunger has a rubberised handle for comfort and is graded in 25mm divisions to help produce uniform size packages and sticks up to 15cm (6) in length.

The Bait Tube is loaded with ESP PVA Mesh knitted from ultra fine thread with a strong anti-ladder construction. The unique combination of thread diameter and weave pattern produces a versatile mesh tube which is strong enough to be packed hard with bait yet fine enough to retain tiny pellets, boilie crumb and maggots. Most importantly this ultra fine mesh results in smaller knots and provides a controlled meltdown which is sufficient to get the bait to the bottom in deep water and yet disperse completely without residue.

A universal refill with 6 metres of ESP PVA Mesh is available for 20mm/25mm and 32mm diameter Bait Tubes.

32mm mesh kit does not include plunger.

My verdict

I have used PVA in all its various guises for many years now, and there's not many situations i won't use it. Because of the style of fishing i do, big solid bags are a no no, these days, so i opted for the ESP PVA Mesh. All of the brands i had used previously, ladder quite easily, the esp version seems to be a lot stronger than most, and the tighter weave on the pva means i can use it with what ever i want. Albeit, maggots, boilie crumb, pellets and so on.

As you'll see here, im not a fan of the stick, i like to make mine into balls like this,

63147058-0fd9-4821-9e7d-ea0ca6e4e343_zps

I do have the two versions out of the three, the 20mm and the 32mm, with the 32mm being my favourite, for 90% of my fishing, the 20mm version i use when the fish are being a bit finicky with bites or for long range work.

The only criticism i have is of the refills

3b74c612-c316-44a7-873a-1cf7fc4f5304_zps

For my own personal preference i would of preferred these to be on a spool shaped container, but that's it, everything else about these pva products i would mark at a 10/10, great product and i will continue to use these, for as long as they are available.

Based on reviews and favourable comments elsewhere, I have just purchased a bulk spool of the new Wychwood DPF (deep purple filament) line. 1,000m for £12.99 delivered, so it's not going to break the bank.

1st impressions are good. It's fairly thin for it's stated breaking strain. I had read this elsewhere, so on the basis I would rather fish a line on it's diameter I ordered 18lb flavour, which comes in at 0.035.

I normally use 12lb Technium Black for "domestic" use, upping to 15lb if I am fishing in snaggier waters or in France where the fish tend to go a little bigger.

The line loaded well, nice and even on the spool. It has a very nice feel to it, and doesn't seem springy in the slightest. It's hanging nicely between the eyes on the rods. Seems to knot very well too.

Some people may be put off by the purple colour of the line, but I can honestly say that when viewed as a single strand of line the colour doesn't stand out half as much as it does when you look at the spool.

I have absolutely no idea on it's stated abilities to "disappear" in water, but it's nowhere near as blatant as the line that the previous owner had loaded onto these reels.

I quite like the colour, and the tackle tart in me thinks it looks really cool against the background of my all black Daiwa's.

I haven't fished with it yet, bad weather rolling in during the night put paid to the early morning session I had planned for this morning. Maiden voyage is going to have to wait until Wednesday now. I'll report back on my findings with regards casting qualities and invisibility!!

The line has a coating of fluorocarbon so "should" sink quite well, hopefully this won't affect it's casting qualities too much.

http://www.wychwoodcarp.co.uk/news/post/dpf-deep-purple-filament

Edited by smufter

Well going to review the chub 60" brolly system.

For the price it's great

not sure on weight as first system.

Build quality is quite good .

Material tbh not to sure .

Easy to put up takedown.

Comes with screw in pegs .

11eaa42e8d4020d695d5c5fdf824d2c6.jpg

c0f680af3addd28aec283b61650ecb59.jpg

In a nutshell going to recommend it to others on a budget.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

Well going to review the chub 60" brolly system.

For the price it's great

not sure on weight as first system.

Build quality is quite good .

Material tbh not to sure .

Easy to put up takedown.

Comes with screw in pegs .

11eaa42e8d4020d695d5c5fdf824d2c6.jpg

c0f680af3addd28aec283b61650ecb59.jpg

In a nutshell going to recommend it to others on a budget.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

State of the kit in there! Jeez man

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

How are these standing up to being used ?, seriously thinking about getting one as they look like just what I'm looking for, a brolly with plenty of head room inside ..

dave  

Had mine 18 months or more now, it has done well over 100 nights and apart from the dirt is still as good as the day it arrived. Been out in all weathers, withstood some serious winds on more than a couple occations, 100% waterproof. I seriously could not pick a fault in it if I wanted.

Proof in the pudding I know of 7 other anglers who once they saw mine on the bank have also brought them and not one of them can find a fault.

TFG Hardcore Brolly

A long term review:

Sizes and description as quoted by TFG.

• Flat back for tight swims and best possible bed positioning
  • Strong, durable and unshakable
  • Super-quick erection and occupation
  • All weather versatility
  • Heavy-duty groundsheet
  • Strong, top quality pegs
  • Double stitched seams

Width = 270cm
Depth = 210cm
Height = 145cm
10,000 Hydrostatic Head 

I have used this system for a couple of years now, and other than my fault for setting it up facing into the wind with a very wet ground that the pegs wouldn't stay in I can't fault it. The honest answer is I would have needed pegs twice as long to hold into the muddy ground!

The inside is absolutely massive, every spoke is 60inches, easily taking my bedchair, rucksack, food bag and tackle box. With the bedchair positioned roughly halfway there is room behind it for my rod holdall and chair, and I still struggle to reach the doorway where I do my cooking while sat on the bedchair. There is easily room for all of the gear needed for long sessions as you can see from the pictures, even if I am not the tidiest of people:o:shock:

The whole front can be zipped off, so as a large day shelter or overnighter it can be used minus the front, or as I do, nearly always complete, even for an overnighter.

The peak does prevent most rain coming into the bivvy, unless as I said, you face into the wind.

You also get a plastic front that can be put on the door in addition to a mozzie screen.

The groundsheet velcro's into position, and my advice is put the groundsheet down, then put the umbrella up and Velcro to it, you are then not trying to put the groundsheet in and juggling it to fit.

You get two front storm poles, which have the fittings in place to fit the storm peak pole, as well as Velcro sleeves to the door and front. The storm peak poles slot into sleeves on the peak, and it also comes with an additional two storm rods which I rarely use.

I have regularly set up in the dark, and I can honestly say once the groundsheet and storm poles are in place it is easy to peg down in a hurry. In fact it takes longer to put my gear inside tidily than to put the bivvy up.

Yes, a single skin bivvy suffers from condensation, but the actual brolly is fully waterproof.

In hot weather, when there was some breeze, the rear vents do provide some relief, but if it is dead calm, then they make no difference to the air temperature. The vents are easy enough to open, simply roll up and the dog clips hold in the loop fitted.

Costwise, £150 compared to double that money wise for a bigger name, I would buy the same again:!::wink:

image.jpeg

On 6 February 2018 at 15:27, crusian said:

Has anyone actually paid £40 for this line , or is the going price really £20 ? .

:)

Shimano Technium Black (line) review:

As some of you may know, I have been using this line for a good number of years and have nothing but good things to say about it.
Shimano's marketing blurb will talk about "triple core technology" as a unique selling point. Now I'm not technical enough to know what that means, but the one thing I can say is that this line has NEVER let me down in any way.

First things first..... spooling up.
I have never had a problem loading this line on to my reels. I don't soak it beforehand, (as many would recommend), I just make sure I use my common sense and load it under slight tension. I also make sure that when loading it on, I have the line coming off the bottom of the spool.
Line lay has always been perfect, and it hangs nice and limply through the rod rings, with no evidence of twist at all.

In use, this line knots well, casts well, and sinks fairly quickly. No doubt there are other quicker sinking lines specifically made for the job, but I have never cursed Technium for not wanting to do what I ask. The line is incredibly strong, I normally use 12lb for "domestic" use, upping to 15lb for my ventures to France. I can honestly say that this line has never let me down while playing a fish, I have never encountered a snap off.
If you want to find out how strong this line really is, put your rig half way up a tree and try pulling for a break lol! Something I have done on a few occasions, (not deliberately of course), and it's the devils own job to try to get it to snap! I suggest wearing gloves by the way!!
There is hardly any stretch at all in the line, which is great when playing a fish because you can feel everything that is going on at the business end.

Bad points??? I seriously cannot think of any.
It's a little more expensive when compared to other lines, but if you shop around you can usually pick it up for about £20.00 for a bulk spool. I am using Shimano XT-A medium longcast reels, and a spool can easily fill three of these with plenty left over. 
One other thing to mention is that the 15lb version is easily threaded through rig tubing. The 12lb is okay but being a bit thinner (obviously) can sometimes take a little persuasion, but the 15lb goes through as sweet as a nut.
If you've not tried this line before I seriously recommend you give it a try. I won't use anything else.... although I did dabble with some of that new fangled Wychwood DPF (purple) line a year or so ago. The least said about that, the better!!

I've never paid £40.00 for it, but I have paid as much as £25.00 in the past. Like I say, I paid £19.99 for a spool of 15lb a week or two ago off of ebay. I don't need anymore but this is an absolute steal.

If you've never used Technium Black before, I can highly recommend it. It has never given me a moments problem and I have 100% faith in it.

Knots, sinks and casts well, and has very little stretch. Hangs nice and limply through the rings too.

I have never had a problem loading it on either, not having to soak it before use etc.

Korda "Tacklesafe" and matching Compac 140 pouch:

I purchased these items a few weeks ago, and can honestly say they are some of the best bits of kit I've bought. I know a lot of people "knock" Korda, but every now and then they come up with a winner.

Using these items have given me so much spare room in my tackle bag, I honestly now don't know what I'd do without them.

This little video gives you a better idea, and it's exactly how I use mine.

Not the cheapest but I bought mine as a pair on ebay for just over £35.00 and I consider it money well spent.....

JRC CX 3.1 Radar Alarms.

I purchased a set of these about 6 months ago and have used them extensively since then. Despite receiving some severe drenching's, I have to report that they have performed faultlessly.
I picked them up off of the 'bay for £99.00 delivered, the price has risen slightly since then (cheapest I have found them recently is about £110.00) but for 3 alarms with a receiver they offer fantastic value for money.

Packed full of features, they have separate tone, volume and sensitivity adjustments, and whilst the knobs appear a little "plasticky" at 1st glance, they have given me no problems whatsoever. 
The alarms have three settings, activated by a simple toggle on/off switch (why can't ALL alarms have this type of switch?). You can see at a glance which mode they are in, and a simple click to the middle position stops you annoying your bankside neighbours with your alarms continually going off whilst you are re-setting bobbins etc. 
With the switch to the right the alarms are on in "night light" mode, in the middle they are off, and to the left they are on in "normal" mode. Simple. And the supplied protective hard cases will not go on the alarms unless the switch is in the "off" position, so you can't accidentally leave them switched on, draining your batteries.
On the subject of batteries, mine are still holding almost full charge despite being used for the aforementioned 6 months. Brilliant!!
The alarms will indicate whether you have had a run or a "dropback" by two different tones, and the LED's will indicate this too. The latching lights stay on for about 20 seconds or so, so if you miss the initial indication a glance at the alarms will show you which one it was that indicated some action.

The actual alarm heads are a nice size, not too big, so they look neat and compact. I haven't used the receiver yet, but pairing this to the alarms was simplicity itself, and it has a range of 150 yards, one of the best there is.
All in all I would definitely recommend these alarms 100% to anybody. I have the set of three all in blue, but you can buy them with three different colours if you prefer.

jrc-radar-cx-set-3-1-blue-1411118-2e0.jpg

On 09/02/2018 at 05:23, smufter said:

Shimano Technium Black (line) review:

I've never paid £40.00 for it, but I have paid as much as £25.00 in the past. Like I say, I paid £19.99 for a spool of 15lb a week or two ago off of ebay. I don't need anymore but this is an absolute steal.

Bargain here if you want some 10lb £12.99 Easter Weekend 2018

16 hours ago, ianain said:

Just a word of warning Ian. I'm about the take my 15lb Technium off of my reels. Don't know if I got one of a "bad batch" but I've never had it behave in the past like this is behaving. I didn't load it any differently to how I usually do, but this is coiling up terribly, and has jammed in the rod tips a couple of times. Luckily not bad enough for me to have to strip it back but enough for me to have lost a bit of confidence in it. And I have used the 15lb plenty of times before so I know it shouldn't be doing this.
I have 12lb loaded on my spare spools and this is behaving perfectly. I will leave that on, no problem. 
Like I say, I may have got one of a "bad batch"... who knows. But the 10lb you link to "should" be better due to it's much narrower diameter.