Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

4 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I just don't like people cussing great products for the wrong reasons

Eh?

You said:

Heavy to carry which indicates quality, but could do with being lighter

Both Vik and I agreed with you. It's the heaviest compact shelter out there in fact. No-one said it was a bad thing, we just agreed with you that the shelter is heavy. No one "cussed" anything.

Just relax mate. No need to get upset.

Just now, yonny said:

In fairness it was a good review. I'm not quite sure how it turned into this!

exactly, we only agreed with the comment about weight, neither of us said anything bad about the JRC Stealth Bloxx, I even said I considered it at one point. 

Just now, greekskii said:

I've not been personally rude to you at all, whereas you have to others.

Yes you have, and no I haven't at ALL, apart from to you (a bit) in retaliation to you doing it to me (first, quite often, and for no reason)

7 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Yes you have, and no I haven't at ALL, apart from to you (a bit) in retaliation to you doing it to me (first, quite often, and for no reason)

what did I say then? 

I asked if you work for JRC forgetting you mentioned about the wrap.

I said you sounded like an ex-member who kicked off like you have over nothing in the past based on the face its exactly the same way. 

If that's personally offensive to you then those are my reasons for my train of thought, as you can see there are reasons.

Please quote the other things you thing are offensive personally to you and I will be happy to explain myself or apologise if I am indeed in the wrong

Edited by greekskii

I buy a bivvy based on comfort more than anything else.

the time it takes to set up is irrelevant, if im fishing for 48 hours putting a bivvy up for 10 minutes is nothing, I mean its not like I catch anything :cry:

as for weight I try and keep everything else to a minimum but never compromise on my bivvy and bed chair.

19 minutes ago, harpz_31 said:

I buy a bivvy based on comfort more than anything else.

That right there is a good example of why there is no best or worst shelter. It all depends on what the users priorities are. Comfort, size, coverage, weight, speed, cost.... the perfect shelter for me might be the worst for the next man.

Talking of shelters I've got a cyprinus fast and light mk1 brolly system. I used it for the first time Saturday and all I can say is what an excellent bit of kit. 

No screwing storm poles on anymore, got these little quick release things, takes minutes to set up and is easy too. 

Being easy is what it's all about for me, I bought a fox royale pram hood bivvy and the thing was utter stinky winky, took me 30 minutes at least to pack it away lol. 

Only downside to it is the weight, its not major heavy but the bag with it all in felt more heavy compared to the previous systems I've had lol 

3 hours ago, jh92 said:

Talking of shelters I've got a cyprinus fast and light mk1 brolly system. I used it for the first time Saturday and all I can say is what an excellent bit of kit. 

No screwing storm poles on anymore, got these little quick release things, takes minutes to set up and is easy too. 

Being easy is what it's all about for me, I bought a fox royale pram hood bivvy and the thing was utter stinky winky, took me 30 minutes at least to pack it away lol. 

Only downside to it is the weight, its not major heavy but the bag with it all in felt more heavy compared to the previous systems I've had lol 

You won't get something ultra light on the cheap mate, it just aint gonna happen, YET

Gradually the technology improves year on year, we are lucky in fishing to have a very competitive market whereby things are sold far below their RRP, and if people are smart they can find kit they like without breaking the bank, as you were/did with your Cyprinus kit. Cyprinus are I believe the producers for JRC, or it might be Chub I'm not sure, so you get the same products with a different name on the side for about a whole 40% cheaper. I would happily use their gear but I ended up with a mismash of various bargains over the years by changing my mind all the time and love it or hate it I am keen on ebay and sharp for bargains on there, some good, some bad, the ''finds'' are still going strong, happy days

2 hours ago, Leonard said:

You won't get something ultra light on the cheap mate, it just aint gonna happen, YET

Gradually the technology improves year on year, we are lucky in fishing to have a very competitive market whereby things are sold far below their RRP, and if people are smart they can find kit they like without breaking the bank, as you were/did with your Cyprinus kit. Cyprinus are I believe the producers for JRC, or it might be Chub I'm not sure, so you get the same products with a different name on the side for about a whole 40% cheaper. I would happily use their gear but I ended up with a mismash of various bargains over the years by changing my mind all the time and love it or hate it I am keen on ebay and sharp for bargains on there, some good, some bad, the ''finds'' are still going strong, happy days

Fast and light is the aqua brolly. 

44 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Which costs about 30 million quid, lol

Yeah. People had it turn up in the aqua box and all sorts. Exact same product. Shows you how much markup some of the trusted brands put on things!! 

I’m one of them anglers that as long as it works I’m happy. My shelter has gorilla tape holding it together in places. Electrical tape on my reels. But it works and I can catch fish sometimes. No need for ££££s worth of kit to worry if it rains and there’s mud on my reel. 

Just now, greekskii said:

Yeah. People had it turn up in the aqua box and all sorts. Exact same product. Shows you how much markup some of the trusted brands put on things!! 

I’m one of them anglers that as long as it works I’m happy. My shelter has gorilla tape holding it together in places. Electrical tape on my reels. But it works and I can catch fish sometimes. No need for ££££s worth of kit to worry if it rains and there’s mud on my reel. 

I like your style mate!

What happened to the reels? (Try Araldite, smelly and messy but oh so strong)..

I had ''Bestway'' patches all over my old bivvy (brilliant things which become part of the canvas), they are designed for repairing inflatable boats but do a smashing job on holes in shelters, unhooking mats, whatever you want.. smooth them out using pressure, carefully, then let them dry on for ages while the bivvy is in a relaxed state..

10 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I like your style mate!

What happened to the reels? (Try Araldite, smelly and messy but oh so strong)..

I had ''Bestway'' patches all over my old bivvy (brilliant things which become part of the canvas), they are designed for repairing inflatable boats but do a smashing job on holes in shelters, unhooking mats, whatever you want.. smooth them out using pressure, carefully, then let them dry on for ages while the bivvy is in a relaxed state..

Got a chip on the bail arm so electrical tape sorts it out. Turning out to be the lucky reel as well so don’t want to fix it properly. I’ve got some new reels away being customed as well so. 

36 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Got a chip on the bail arm so electrical tape sorts it out. Turning out to be the lucky reel as well so don’t want to fix it properly. I’ve got some new reels away being customed as well so. 

Get a bright light on and get a big reading lens thing (forgotten what they are called), put some araldite on, a tiny blob, try and smooth it out a bit over the chip

Then after 24 hours you can sand it off, re-do if necessary

Or you could try just sanding it off only without the araldite mate, you won't compromise the metal much with ultra fine paper

Or if you're worried and if it's a bad chip, you could always bring it into a jewellers shop mate, they will sort it probably for 20 quid or so using enamels and a microscope or whatever they get up to lol

Edited by Leonard

11 hours ago, greekskii said:

My shelter has gorilla tape holding it together in places.

Ha! My old Supa had loads of bits of wader repair tape over all the pin prick holes. Adds character, carpy as ****.