New Starter, knows nada!

It's not something I've done for any length of time 10 mins max while I sort out camera etc.

So what do you guys make of the shots of multiple slings out after " # busy night " you see it all the time on social media . I see some of you are enjoying the monster carp TV show.... Tom Dove retains two 30's for the morning shot in the last episode but no one picks up on that or mentions it . If there was a big problem it think it would be more high lighted . If you have been present when a lake is netted/ sectioned off/ drained etc Then your know too how fish are kept in far tighter groups over night than you could ever reproduce with a retaining sling with no harm done ..... there not as precious & delicate as people are making out . Also this thought about them sitting in the upper layers to long ..... what about when they are just sunbathing all day in an area normally the shallows ? Do you think hang on better not fish for them they might be low on oxygen, no we start firing floaters at them :lol: .

Things get picked apart & thought about far to much.

If I did catch one that I wanted really good shots of I would stick in a sling till the morning with no worries tbh .

Use your common sense & I don't see any problems occurring apart from getting beaten up by it in the morning :wink:

It was in the sling for 1 hour 45 minutes on a lake which the margin drops 6ft right away. Before slating why not ask the time it was there, the lake conditions etc. I even checked the weather to see if it was hot at sunrise so as soon as it got warm I put him back... I fish with 4 guys and between them there's 60+ years experience and they all said nothing I did was wrong as some of you made me feel I did something wrong although when explained they said 'no, nothing wrong done there'

I don't want to argue I want to learn and fish.

No one argues on here matey, just people put their own views across, you'll get used to it, it's a good forum, just take what you need from it

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

It was in the sling for 1 hour 45 minutes on a lake which the margin drops 6ft right away. Before slating why not ask the time it was there, the lake conditions etc. I even checked the weather to see if it was hot at sunrise so as soon as it got warm I put him back... I fish with 4 guys and between them there's 60+ years experience and they all said nothing I did was wrong as some of you made me feel I did something wrong although when explained they said 'no, nothing wrong done there'

I don't want to argue I want to learn and fish.

alex, if in your eyes you did nothing wrong and the fish was ok in the end then thats ok with you.

i personally dont use a sling, i remember using one once, like you it was a pb caught in the last hours of the night and i got so fed up of standing in the lake making sure that the fish was ok that i let it out of the sack, ten mins later the damned sun came up lol.

good advice is not hard to come by on here but sometimes you have to read between the lines to find it, chillfactor makes some good points in the post above but as already said you take what you need from the forum and never take things too personal.

have fun :wink:

i remember using one once, like you it was a pb caught in the last hours of the night and i got so fed up of standing in the lake making sure that the fish was ok that i let it out of the sack

I've done that several times fella (without the letting it go bit lol) - it's impossible to sleep with a monster sitting in the margins, you juts worry about it. I always end up sitting with my feet dangling in the pond just looking after it until it's light enough for pics.

Yeah some people won't like them but some people will. It's like smoking, some people do it, some people don't but we have to learn to agree to disagree as I said before in the dark I would not have seen the cut the carp had and would not have been able to doctor it as efficiently as I did. So I took it offensively when certain people were telling me I'm doing wrong.

I only checked it every 30 minutes and that was with a guys under water camera he let me use, this was the least stressful way of checking it I could think of.

Yeah, I've only just started carping, but stupid I am not

i havent ever sacked a fish personally but do own a purpose made sling for it. i dont see the problem with it. like most things in fishing there will always be different opinions. as far as young Alex fishing safely, if everyone just getting into carp fishing put as much thought into it as Alex the carp would be much better off. the fact that he sacked the fish in deep water, checked it regular speaks volumes as to the fact he is thinking about the fish safety side of things, much more than a lot of anglers, and well done for having carp care kit to hand mate, it amazes how many people dont.

Keeno, thanks for that mate really appreciated. I've been into the species for years just never fished for them. I've listened to people like you for years and they've moulded me into what I think is someone who has the kinda right idea! Always take fish aid or bonjela with me as our pool does have a lot of care-less car boot carpers. And always IF slinging I put her out as far as the cable goes so she's away from any noise on the bank and check her with the camera if go with someone who has one!

Guess either that guy who slated me for it has been put back in his place after seeing the facts or he hasn't looked at the post because he's arrogant and throws in-wanted opinions about the forum!

Again to th guy who slated me I guarantee he didn't take the care I did when he first started.

Maybe he's jealous I can afford the gear

Keeno, thanks for that mate really appreciated. I've been into the species for years just never fished for them. I've listened to people like you for years and they've moulded me into what I think is someone who has the kinda right idea! Always take fish aid or bonjela with me as our pool does have a lot of care-less car boot carpers. And always IF slinging I put her out as far as the cable goes so she's away from any noise on the bank and check her with the camera if go with someone who has one!

Guess either that guy who slated me for it has been put back in his place after seeing the facts or he hasn't looked at the post because he's arrogant and throws in-wanted opinions about the forum!

Again to th guy who slated me I guarantee he didn't take the care I did when he first started.

Maybe he's jealous I can afford the gear

phil, I hold my hands up. I did take it personally ONLY because I know how much care I took with that fish. But I appreciate all comments as I'm aware some people may have either had/heard of bad experiences using a sling.

I'll apologise to everyone I may have upset but just think, I only got so up tight because I care about Carp, a lot!

phil, I hold my hands up. I did take it personally ONLY because I know how much care I took with that fish. But I appreciate all comments as I'm aware some people may have either had/heard of bad experiences using a sling.

I'll apologise to everyone I may have upset but just think, I only got so up tight because I care about Carp, a lot!

That's fair enough, just chill, it won't be the first or last time someone gets your back up mate

That's fair enough, just chill, it won't be the first or last time someone gets your back up mate

On a forum always take what is said with a pinch on salt, words can be taken very differently when typed and not spoken. That does go both ways though!

Alex you have opened yourself up for opinions as your post does say you know nada ( whoever that is [emoji39] )

As far as I see it sacking is one of those things that when done with thought it is fine. From the post I copied I do like Levigps post though of using an air stone, companies are missing a trick there.

On here especially I do tend to think that for everyone posting there is probably 10 reading. So any subject discussed with differing opinions is a good thing and people can make thiers own mind up.

chill out lads, a difference of opinion is all. if dal has 100% proof that sacking does indeed shorten the life of the carp then im sure those of us that think sacking is ok will have a change of heart. if not, then alex is entitled to his opinion as is dal, no need to throw barbed comments at each other.

Alex I'm going to say it more bluntly than any of these lads will, you need to quit with the can't afford this can't afford that comments, "affording" something is irrelevant, it's also irrelevant how much money you may or may not have, disagreements are fine it's a fact of life but insulting people and making loaded coments like take it out on ya wife are disgusting and un called for.... Just no need for it. We are all in it for the same thing..... Carp! Hence the name of the forum. It's not insult.com is it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's throwing comments at me and they're being thrown back. I'm a very humble person and genuinely don't brag about money but if he wants to argue, I'll say something I know which will wind him up.

Maybe you should read the posts I made apologising to EVERYONE, actually in two posts I apologised to everyone. But he carried on. Have a go at the instigator, not the one being on the foul end of it.

And it's true. If he has had a bad day, don't come on a forum and rant, take it out on the wife instead, not people who have already apologised and then still getting rounds fired at them.

This is my last post and I'm deleting my account anyway because there's too many bell ends on here who slate people and don't even have where they come from on their profile because they know they're prick themselves and would probly have had a beating by now

Wow! I have read this thread from start to finish and I actually thought you put accross some very good and valid points I also though you was being the "bigger man" by apologising ! Only to retract that apology with further uncalled for comments and then finally showing true colours and acting like a child! Now you just look like a silly child.... And if you think that violence towards anyone is acceptable more fool you. I'm sure you will go far in life with an attitude like you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk