Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
esminthecarper

boilies and particle

I want to continue using boilies on a club water I have recently re joined after years apart. I think the going bait is particle though. I want to use a hinge rig, was thinking of putting whole and chopped boilie in as well. Do you think this is ok, or could the fish get preoccupied on the particle?

Unless you're going mental with a single type of particle (particularly hemp) I wouldn't worry about preoccupation.

Hemp in massive qty's does tend to be a problem but if you have decent mix of bits n pieces you should be OK.

Tbh, whole and chopped boilie very much become a particle type bait when fished in conjunction with seeds and pulses IMO. It's just one more different item to get them grazing.

If your worried about the fish becoming pre occupied on the particle, why not chop some of your boilies down into halves and quarters, leaving some whole obviously, but at least you know they'll be feeding on the boilie bits as well. A carp feeding anywhere near your hookbait can only be a good thing :)

If your worried about the fish becoming pre occupied on the particle, why not chop some of your boilies down into halves and

quarters, leaving some whole obviously, but at least you know they'll be feeding on the boilie bits as well. A carp feeding anywhere near your hookbait can only be a good thing :)

Yeah thats what I was thinking as I said before. I want to use boilie because I want to use them up as they are just sat there

Unless you're going mental with a single type of particle (particularly hemp) I wouldn't worry about preoccupation.

Hemp in massive qty's does tend to be a problem but if you have decent mix of bits n pieces you should be OK.

Tbh, whole and chopped boilie very much become a particle type bait when fished in conjunction with seeds and pulses IMO. It's just one more different item to get them grazing.

Yeah the mix is going to have lots of variety in it. Thanks for your input its put me on the right track