Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
adamkitson

3 targets for the year.

So I started this year with 3 targets:

1. A new pb.

2. A 20lb + common.

3. A 30.

Now 1 and 3 would be achieved by the same fish, but as my main lake doesn't contain any 30s, and my secondary lake only contains 1 or maybe 2 scrapper 30s at the right time of year I thought "new pb" was more realistic.

Managed a new PB in April.

No 20 common yet, although the secondary lake I fish has a few in and I'm off there for 4 nights next week. Been pre-baiting a bit too so hoping for a good trip. Who knows. It's a tough lake, and plenty are on a blank still for the year.

A 30 will be a tall order. Maybe from this lake. Will be tough though. My main hope of this fish will be the Team PCF social on Holme Fen. A 2 night social to get amongst them between all the social stuff, could be a tall order. Shall give it a good bash though.

I still feel like I'm having a good year. April trip to Blackberry, freezing nights, and I managed 3 20s in 2 nights. Also on my main syndicate I'm on 4 carp so far, along with a few tench and bream. Sounds like a poor number, but a lot of other members haven't caught all year, and this is the lake that I was on a few years ago and left having spent a year without so much as a bleep, (apart from swan runs!) Not many fish to go at and tough. Nothing huge in their either, but I like it. And it's normally empty. (Probably because it's rock hard with a smallish number of upper doubles to go at. Worth it for the solitude.)

Anyone else start the year with any targets/goals?

How are you getting on?

My target is always to enjoy my fishing, learning and hopefully improving in the process.

Of course there is always the want for a bigger fish, but I can't choose when I get a new PB, the fishing Gods will decide that, so I enjoy what I catch.

I'm not sure I have targets as such, I would like a double figure Barbel and a UK 30 Carp, so have joined a club that contain both of these. I'm not lusting after these fish, just gave myself a chance of catching them.

Targets are personal, for some it motivates and inspires, for others, it kills the fun of fishing.

I only have 1 main target, to enjoy my fishing.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk