Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

4 minutes ago, finchey said:

I going to be concentrating on Fanlodge myself this year. 

I had a walk around figure of 8 last week it does look quite good there seems to be some nice features with the islands and over hanging trees in the margins. 

There were a few cruising around on top but only small ones. 👍 

Do t be fooled by Figure pal...some lumps in there...especially running from rear channel to back pond...lad at work on wigan card n had 15 fish in 4hrs...biggest 16lb

31 minutes ago, Highy said:

Do t be fooled by Figure pal...some lumps in there...especially running from rear channel to back pond...lad at work on wigan card n had 15 fish in 4hrs...biggest 16lb

I think I'll be having another look at that place. 👍 

13 hours ago, Highy said:

Right...it all started about September last year when the owner of the Ice Cream/Coffe shop on the lake took over the lease for the pond...he was getting to know all the anglers trying to be pally pally...and over a few weeks he was giving us the SPEEL...how he was going to change the layouts of the ponds...introduce new fish...re-peg the ponds and re do all the pegs...he even showed us letters and a itinerary for the next 12months...so 2 of my mates were fishing regularly more up there and the were then fooled into paying £150 for 12months fishing...so then they put the SPEEL on me and i was a bit hesitant at first...but after a few weeks i gave in and paid.

So a few weeks passed and you could tell nothing was being done apart from trimming trees and bit of stone on some pegs....then the owner disappeared for 4 weeks (unknown whereabouts)...so then he started a Carp match last year, and because of my match background i wanted too help with it but no success...and since then he has just been ignorant with myself and a few others because he asked for a list of changes he wanted from his members and we gave it too him but after a frw more weeks we approached him while we were fishing and basically said what has 20 anglers £150 gone into ??? (£2500)...but all we got was "in time ypu will see"...so that was it i just didn't really bother with him...

So months passed and i was doing days here n there on the lake theni found out about he wants the top lake as a Specimen lake...so he brings a crew of cowboys to net the bottom lake (not E.A) not even 1 fish came out with them...so he closes the top pond and asks every angler who fishes could they go on the bottom lake and any carp over 5lb please release into top pond...THIS WAS THE START OF A RIOT.

All in all up to yesterday around 60 fish had been introduced into top pond (my self didn't agree with this so i kept them in bottom pond) so yesterday the match was here... 

At the beginning of the draw it was all ok...names drawn...pegs drawn...all happy days.

The day passed then the night...morning followed and out of nowhere things felt eary that morning...when all the rain stopped few of us had a coffee with each other and conversations was around the lakes and prices and also what had been done to show with our money...so we were all abit wound up at this point...

So around 9am the cafe owner arrived and asked how we all was and do we want any brekky...FREE WE ASKED...he just looked and laughed...no its £5...and at this point volcanos started bubbling...so 1 guy asked ooo yeh wots prize fund ??? Bearing in mind we put £20 in each (£180) he replied 1st was £25 2nd was £15 3rd was £10...(£50)...

Wooooooooow we all went if we knew this we wouldn't have bothered...then 2 non members asked about pleasure fishing on the top lake after the match n he sadi it was closed until July then all the members started on him.asking why ? All we got was you still have the bottom lake...but the poi t we were making was we paid our syndicate money to fish any pond any time...but he was having non of it...so a non memeber started to ask questions about it too...but his repmy to him was are you a memeber no so shut your mouth...and the lad says im fishing your match and the owner was like ..yeh lining my pockets thanks pal...that was it then everyone started a riot on the bank arguing....

So during the arguing i heard ...listen if yournot happy have a refund and f@#k o#f from my pond...so then i went face to face with him and stated the fact he has not a clue on fishing(which agreed too and has never fished in his life) telling him hr was a con man..thief and ignorant...hejust started laughing at me and i told him he was a joke...so 4 of us took him up on his offer and was given the remainder back of what was left of our membership (£60)...also i am BANNED off his lake now.

So basicaly he has took £2500 done nothing with it...nor has said any plans for it...he is a con man...a joke...ignorant...speeks to you like dirty mud...and thinks he's right every time...no time for you if ypu are not in his OVER PRICED cafe....

So now im going on the Wigan card for £35 with around 11 waters.

What a terrible tale , Highy .

Is the Conman a big lad and / or have a small army of mates ? , only I don't understand why with a crowd of you all pumped up he wasn't thrown in the lake ? .

Have you and the other members considered bombarding the Conman with negative social media feedback and maybe an article in the local paper to hopefully bankrupt him ? .

😃

9 hours ago, crusian said:

What a terrible tale , Highy .

Is the Conman a big lad and / or have a small army of mates ? , only I don't understand why with a crowd of you all pumped up he wasn't thrown in the lake ? .

Have you and the other members considered bombarding the Conman with negative social media feedback and maybe an article in the local paper to hopefully bankrupt him ? .

😃

He's just an ol fart (60osh) who loves money...he wasn't far off going in IF he spoke to me like he did 1 lad...he's been given some bad press on Social media but not me (im not on any)...but I'll be be going back for a walk round with the dog or little en for park as its a Nature Reserve/Public Park....but will not be fishing.

If its a public park i.e council owned you need to report him to the council and local paper. Has he even been given the right to run the lakes ,any council lakes normally have to go out to tender . Let the E.A know he is moving fish from one lake to another .

23 minutes ago, oscsha said:

If its a public park i.e council owned you need to report him to the council and local paper. Has he even been given the right to run the lakes ,any council lakes normally have to go out to tender . Let the E.A know he is moving fish from one lake to another .

Dont worry lads...ive got a ball rolling since last night...it will soon make a STRIKE...😉😉

Yes he has permission off the Council to run (Stated on the Local council's website) but ive not seen no proof of lease.

But the way he is with people is sometimes wrong and i heard last night he hasn't like me since day 1...(because i open my mouth and give it back)

5 hours ago, oscsha said:

The council don't normally supply a lease , just the rights to control the fishing .

Ive double checked all avenues...he has a lease for the water and rights to manage the fishing but no permit or licence to move fish at all...

Its now with the E.A (as anonymous) and the local officer has been informed.

20190510_171840.thumb.jpg.b41b6b9e22f86b58b32d9525bebc99c4.jpg

Also look what was in his lake this morning what was dragged out by an Angler.

(Yeh, i went for a walk round this morning)

Also in the pond he has been moving fish too...don't look eaten but looks like its either diseased or rotting through stress related (moving).

Edited by Highy

I was working at place with a pond full of koi & they've been at it the last couple of days. 

My local water follows E. A. closed season till next month😕

24 minutes ago, commonly said:

I was working at place with a pond full of koi & they've been at it the last couple of days. 

My local water follows E. A. closed season till next month😕

I think that’s a good thing tho really. Builds the anticipation for when it reopens. 

31 minutes ago, emmcee said:

My rod shot today, a bit different I know. 

20190224_140921.jpg

Nice piccy doubt i will be doing my annual sea blanking session this year, but if i lived near the cost i could easily do more sea fishing in the summer that anything else.

10 minutes ago, Carpbell_ll said:

Nice piccy doubt i will be doing my annual sea blanking session this year, but if i lived near the cost i could easily do more sea fishing in the summer that anything else.

Once the carp started spawning last year I sea fished until late September and loved it. I'll be doing the same this year. I'm an hour and 15mins to my nearest coast but worth the drive. Had quite a few different species last year and got a massive buzz out of catching every one. And not afraid to say I had a big a buzz catching a new species,  some only the size of my hand as I do when catching a 30lb carp. Certainly gave me food for thought.  I'm after a double figure smooth hound this year. Meant to be absolute rockets once hooked.