Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

42 minutes ago, Old school said:

Sounds a bit mean but I'm so glad my kids have grown up and doing their own thing, like getting our lives back 😂

I know what u mean...hes 9 now mine does like coming...only overnighters.

50 minutes ago, jh92 said:

Fishing at 100 yards, having a nightmare with the spod rod, wind knots!! 😭 gonna wait for it to get dark so I can get some bait out with the throwing stick without the gulls nailing them lol

69BA023C-F7D6-43BB-9188-82CBF02B47C4.jpeg

Nothing more frustrating..... whiplash by any chance?

2 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Nothing more frustrating..... whiplash by any chance?

Not too sure pal, i keep getting it at about 2 rod lengths away from the spod. 

I’m a bit of a novice fishing at these distances, so it’s probably me doing something wrong 😂

Next time I’m gonna use mono, braid is a nightmare 😂

48 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

Any Dyneema braid is prone  to it .... whiplash is Dyneema , great for casting but can be a pain ! 

I see, learn something new everyday, here i was thinking you was on about the rod getting whiplash 😂

i use the same stuff on a spare spool for my smaller rod/reel set up and it works a treat, hardly ever get a problem with it. But trying to hit longer distances is a right pain.

i spent the best part of 30 minutes trying to untangle these knots and I managed to do it only for it to happen on the next cast..out came the scissors 😂 for spodding do you reckon I might be better off with mono and a braided shock leader?

4 hours ago, dayvid said:

Tucked in here , tight swim even for my brolly , just fishing the margins left and right

IMG_2661.JPG

Are they deep margins Dayvid  ? , only the water in my lake is slow to colour up so I'm bottling out of trying the margins .

🤔

8 minutes ago, Dave Hedgehog said:

Back for another night and I’ve had one already!! A day time pic is a rarity for me. Will get that up tomorrow. And still the rest of the night to go.🐟 

image.jpg

Looks lovely there dave, you lucky devil. 

Hope you get a brace! 

4 hours ago, crusian said:

Are they deep margins Dayvid  ? , only the water in my lake is slow to colour up so I'm bottling out of trying the margins .

18 inches next to the bank rod length out 6-7 feet

47 minutes ago, dayvid said:

18 inches next to the bank rod length out 6-7 feet

So , ( if you could be patient with me pls. ) , are you fishing at the bottom of the margin slope where hopefully all sorts of food both natural and man made have accumulated , or are your leads anchored to the slope ? .

Ta 

😃

19 hours ago, crusian said:

So , ( if you could be patient with me pls. ) , are you fishing at the bottom of the margin slope where hopefully all sorts of food both natural and man made have accumulated , or are your leads anchored to the slope ? .

Ta 

😃

Bottom of the slope , because not just bait can gather their I fish a visible pop up 

On 27/05/2019 at 20:23, Dave Hedgehog said:

Back for another night and I’ve had one already!! A day time pic is a rarity for me. Will get that up tomorrow. And still the rest of the night to go.🐟 

image.jpg

Did you stay on the bank dave?? 

I've been keeping an eye out for your capture!!