Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Was out Thursday only had one very small mirror and a very awkward drop back bite that dropped the hook, nice new water though, only a 10 min drive from home with three differant carp lakes, one said to be a runs water anther big carp lake and a very tricky specimen water.

DSCF0834.JPG

Edited by Carpbell_ll

49 minutes ago, Highy said:

See wot u mean....Peg 13 😂😂

Had a little common about 8lb or so caused me no end of grief went over my other line and got me in a right old pickle, after that couldn't be bothered to try and photo it in this wind, I got about 45 mins let's see if I can get another, I do enjoy these little 2 hour sessions, they just go so blinking fast 

2 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Had a little common about 8lb or so caused me no end of grief went over my other line and got me in a right old pickle, after that couldn't be bothered to try and photo it in this wind, I got about 45 mins let's see if I can get another, I do enjoy these little 2 hour sessions, they just go so blinking fast 

Hope you got another ,Elmo .

Personally I wouldn't like a short 2 hour session , by the time I'd got everything laid out just as I wanted it it would be time to pack up ; I have to rush around enough at work , so when I go fishing I want to relax .

😃

30 minutes ago, crusian said:

Hope you got another ,Elmo .

Personally I wouldn't like a short 2 hour session , by the time I'd got everything laid out just as I wanted it it would be time to pack up ; I have to rush around enough at work , so when I go fishing I want to relax .

😃

You just have to be a bit organised really, you get to have a little sit, but it's a lot more adrenaline based and you tend to act rather than react, I haven't done any planning or even marker float work just having a go and trying a few things, I just look for likely spots and make a trap I could have just gone for the reeds end again and would've probably caught more but its nice to test yourself going in blind in a swim you know nothing about, the rod that caught was the best trap 1st cast was perfect just off some reeds popped round and threw a couple of handfuls out all along the edge, the second rod was a bit of a waste tbh if it hadn't been so windy I could've done something better with it but I didn't mind I explored with it and cast it around a bit to try and find a bite, only the one fish but it was nice to keep my 100% record of no blanks on the runs water :)

Not carping, the black rag worm stink and make a hell of a mess on my hands. My son wanted to do a bit of sea fishing, so off we went to Brighton marina, which was closed due to the weather so went along the coast to Newhaven. No fish, but got warmed up ready for Devon next week. 

Screenshot_20190811-160844.png

34 minutes ago, finchey said:

Did you do Owt mate? 👍 👍 

1 big old bream that took out all 3 rods so far , 😀 

I used my distance sticks for the first time ever last night, I may do a you tube vid now how to cast 5 1/2 wraps like a boss. 😉, cos no one could see me I didn't feel like such a *** 😁 I may even persevere with them 

9 hours ago, elmoputney said:

1 big old bream that took out all 3 rods so far , 😀 

I used my distance sticks for the first time ever last night, I may do a you tube vid now how to cast 5 1/2 wraps like a boss. 😉, cos no one could see me I didn't feel like such a *** 😁 I may even persevere with them 

I've only used my distance sticks the once 5 1/2 wraps up to some marginal trees. Very handy for that but I don't use them when I'm fishing open water I just cast too the same area with pva mesh sticks and feather my line down. 

I might be missing out buy not hitting the clip but my rigs aren't tangling and I'm getting runs. 👍 👍 

22 minutes ago, finchey said:

I've only used my distance sticks the once 5 1/2 wraps up to some marginal trees. Very handy for that but I don't use them when I'm fishing open water I just cast too the same area with pva mesh sticks and feather my line down. 

I might be missing out buy not hitting the clip but my rigs aren't tangling and I'm getting runs. 👍 👍 

I must admit I thought that it wouldn't matter too much but I now think that accuracy can only help, a rod length either side would see my bait in silkweed or Canadian, but also it has the added advantage of being able to chuck one out fairly accurately in the dark, I need all the help I can get at the moment so if its a 1% improvement I'll take it :)

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I must admit I thought that it wouldn't matter too much but I now think that accuracy can only help, a rod length either side would see my bait in silkweed or Canadian, but also it has the added advantage of being able to chuck one out fairly accurately in the dark, I need all the help I can get at the moment so if its a 1% improvement I'll take it :)

The lake I'm fishing at the moment doesn't really have any weed, but I think if I was fishing at night I would be using sticks and clipping up. 👍👍

4 minutes ago, finchey said:

The lake I'm fishing at the moment doesn't really have any weed, but I think if I was fishing at night I would be using sticks and clipping up. 👍👍

I don't think they are always required but they will prove useful, I just don't want to always talk distance in wraps, I think that is what put me off 😀

2 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I don't think they are always required but they will prove useful, I just don't want to always talk distance in wraps, I think that is what put me off 😀

I think for the fishing you are doing fishing clear spots in weed they will be very useful item indeed. 👍 👍 

16 hours ago, elmoputney said:

Talk in yards then mate.

Distance sticks are almost invaluable for real accuracy imo.

1 hour ago, yonny said:

Talk in yards then mate.

Distance sticks are almost invaluable for real accuracy imo.

It's just those catch reports you see I cast 14 wraps to a snag tree then used 10kg of mainline cell with a mickey mouse pop up then a about a million hash tags, just bugs me for some reason "😂

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

It's just those catch reports you see I cast 14 wraps to a snag tree then used 10kg of mainline cell with a mickey mouse pop up then a about a million hash tags, just bugs me for some reason "😂

I don't disagree mate. I also prefer distance to be measured/stated in yards, despite using sticks for almost all of my fishing.