Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

43 minutes ago, Highy said:

20191005_093108.thumb.jpg.a352439e7d830ddcbdc0f508b5407930.jpg

Rods were in at 5.30 am..(in the dark).

Not even a bleep yet...7 on the lake, 1 fish out (only small)...be here till about 5pm.

🎣🎣🎣🎣

Good luck mate🤞 keep us updated. 👍

What peg you on mate.? 👍

Edited by finchey

Ten minutes after taking this pic I went in up to my waist and my boots still didn't touch the bottom....

I was hanging onto a  bucking rod with one hand and the scaffold pole of the platform with the other...

The rod was bucking due to the blooming great Brown Trout I had on the end... it went behind the rushes on the right of the pic and I tried to follow it and went in....

The Trout got hung up in the rushes and got off whilst I struggled to stop meself sinking into 9' of cold water with wellies and an oversuit on...

20191003_135508.jpg

Edited by bluelabel

1 hour ago, bluelabel said:

Ten minutes after taking this pic I went in up to my waist and my boots still didn't touch the bottom....

I was hanging onto a  bucking rod with one hand and the scaffold pole of the platform with the other...

The rod was bucking due to the blooming great Brown Trout I had on the end... it went behind the rushes on the right of the pic and I tried to follow it and went in....

The Trout got hung up in the rushes and got off whilst I struggled to stop meself sinking into 9' of cold water with wellies and an oversuit on...

20191003_135508.jpg

you got to be more careful mate 

was you on your own ?

Edited by carpyian

1 hour ago, carpyian said:

you got to be more careful mate 

was you on your own ?

I was.... I had a bad tempered squelch back to the car and turned the heater up to "Solar Flare" and drove home... I considered mesulf lucky, now I have some unfinished business with a Huge Brown Trout of approx 4-6lbs

1 minute ago, bluelabel said:

I was.... I had a bad tempered squelch back to the car and turned the heater up to "Solar Flare" and drove home... I considered mesulf lucky, now I have some unfinished business with a Huge Brown Trout of approx 4-6lbs

always remember theres always another day 

34 minutes ago, carpyian said:

is that a plane

16 minutes ago, crusian said:

Well that must be a first for Carp.com , Machali , a 'plane landing in your swim ! .

😱

It's a fire fighter plane. This lake is huge, is very usual to see them here in summer... I thought fire season was over

2 hours ago, Machali said:

It's a fire fighter plane. This lake is huge, is very usual to see them here in summer... I thought fire season was over

Are there no small intimate ponds in Portugal , Malchali , or are you a big water man  ? .

😁

I love to fish doesnt matter where! 😀 But now this one is the closest to my home, i go there when my time is limited!

I have a river at 8km from home, fished some carps and nice barbels, but right now is completly dry :(

72381461_2871429652885825_7976871333831114752_n.jpg

On 10/10/2019 at 10:57, Machali said:

I love to fish doesnt matter where! 😀 But now this one is the closest to my home, i go there when my time is limited!

I have a river at 8km from home, fished some carps and nice barbels, but right now is completly dry :(

72381461_2871429652885825_7976871333831114752_n.jpg

What happens to the fish when I becomes like that in the pictuer

On 13/10/2019 at 11:22, dayvid said:

What happens to the fish when I becomes like that in the pictuer

When the water has low levels, some of them goes river down, looking for deeper waters and survive... but many of them dies because they get trapped in little puddles :(

10 hours ago, commonly said:

Good luck Highy. I'm hoping to do a few hours tomorrow. I prebaited yesterday and saw a lump turn over 2ft from the spot🤞

Mate turned up about 7am...had brew...baited spots again...recast...3 bleeps then a screaming run....hit it AND blooming Coot (black chicken)... does that count 😂😂😂 or still blanked ??

I've often said it'd be much easier to catch birds from the lake, than carp. I remember a good mate had a duck from an 8ft bottom spot, hell of a scrap it put up. I even showed his missus the photo of him playing it in. Hilarious 😂