18 minutes ago, Highy said:

Around 2/3 weather permitting too... 

Still plenty of time for a bite mate 👍

if I might make a suggestion which is easy foy me cus I’m still in bed lol  

Set your phone alarm for 30 mins and recast all your rods to a different part of the lake every 30 mins... covers a hell of a lot of water keeps you warm and you could get lucky

Me and a mate on a 48 hr trip done it with 3 hrs to go had 3 carp, covered in leeches they were he had two I had the one. 

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One of the most stunning places where I fished this year!

Few pics from this evening fishing low water at Pett level. A flounder and a couple of nice eels in 2hrs. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, B B said:

Still plenty of time for a bite mate 👍

if I might make a suggestion which is easy foy me cus I’m still in bed lol  

Set your phone alarm for 30 mins and recast all your rods to a different part of the lake every 30 mins... covers a hell of a lot of water keeps you warm and you could get lucky

Me and a mate on a 48 hr trip done it with 3 hrs to go had 3 carp, covered in leeches they were he had two I had the one. 

I like your suggestion , BB , it makes a lot of sense ; I'm thinking a carp covered in leeches would seem to show the carp are not moving about much hence the need to take the hunt to them ? .

The best part of your suggestion , BB , is that you are lying in bed while young Highy runs around cold and tired 😁

IMG_20210411_163244.thumb.jpg.1230bf7b8000ccbf6545f28f544caf04.jpg

Took a while to decide where I wanted to be, I know they are wonky 😂

I am still in the process of getting organised, but I had an occurance on my left hand rod, whatever it was came off, didn't feel like a carp but it's a confidence boost, it was warmer round here earlier so I thought it felt a bit more carpy, its gone all wintry now though 😬😳

L-R POP UP, CHOD, PVA BAG 

14 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

I am still in the process of getting organised, but I had an occurance on my left hand rod, whatever it was came off, didn't feel like a carp but it's a confidence boost, it was warmer round here earlier so I thought it felt a bit more carpy, its gone all wintry now though 😬😳

Looks fishy, all the best Elmo 

2 hours ago, crusian said:

I like your suggestion , BB , it makes a lot of sense ; I'm thinking a carp covered in leeches would seem to show the carp are not moving about much hence the need to take the hunt to them ? .

The best part of your suggestion , BB , is that you are lying in bed while young Highy runs around cold and tired 😁

The lake had been frozen the week before we got there. We got a agreement if one gets a fish the other can cast into the area where he had it, so that’s six rods roving about it has worked twice over the years, only in the winter tho. 

I would rather be fishing than in bed 

Edited by B B
1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Good luck mate

25 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

Yep when I booked this holiday I thought it might be spring 😁

I've also got this week off, today Dog at vets for injections, Tuesday maybe clean gear, Wednesday got 11 new fence panels coming, Thursday little en at his friend's house for the day, so may try few hrs, Friday chill day. 

IMG_20210412_175933.thumb.jpg.7a01f5abb4f4cea5fa83277f08399c60.jpg

It's been glorious today, my skin doesn't know whether to be sunburnt or frostbitten, no carp still had a walk around saw nothing, I would have thought they might have got moving a bit today but nothing showing, the sun has been on this zone all day, all I 2ant is a sign 🤘

Left hand is now on a long parachute Ronnie rig 😁

Middle chod 

Right hand rod, stiff rig wafter, been doing some underwater gardening and cleared a little debris trying one in the edge tonight still nearly 10ft deep though 😳

10 minutes ago, elmoputney said:

It's been glorious today, my skin doesn't know whether to be sunburnt or frostbitten, no carp still had a walk around saw nothing, I would have thought they might have got moving a bit today but nothing showing, the sun has been on this zone all day, all I 2ant is a sign 🤘

Middle chod 

Right hand rod, stiff rig wafter, been doing some underwater gardening and cleared a little debris trying one in the edge tonight still nearly 10ft deep though 😳

Best of luck elmo 

1 hour ago, elmoputney said:

Middle chod 

If the suns been hitting that part of the lake all day then I'd be on the zigs. The fish will be up in the water for sure. 

8 minutes ago, emmcee said:

If the suns been hitting that part of the lake all day then I'd be on the zigs. The fish will be up in the water for sure. 

I'm only just starting to see the benefit of chod rigs 😂 if I haven't had anything by morning I will put them all on zigs as a last ditch attempt 😳

A grebe just found my chod rig, seems a lot of diving birds this year only seen one grebe but there is a posse of tufties this year, 

10 hours ago, elmoputney said:

I'm only just starting to see the benefit of chod rigs 😂 if I haven't had anything by morning I will put them all on zigs as a last ditch attempt 😳

A grebe just found my chod rig, seems a lot of diving birds this year only seen one grebe but there is a posse of tufties this year, 

It seems to be the same all over there seem to be more grebes and tuftys around a small pond by us never had any only ducks but there’s tuftys now 

just found out there’s an otter has taken out 10 fish in the syndicate lake the 36lb common is dead and the lin has been had not good makes you lose heart as you can’t do nothing they’re protected 

Desperate times got 2 on zigs one on a chod,glorious morning again though, I would've done 3 but I left my zig line at home 😢4ft and 5ft hopefully that will be right cos I can only go lower 😂 I was going to be baiting anyway this morning so I've had an idea, I'm going to make my mix a bit more cloudy, leave the zigs near the spots and hopefully boost the attraction that way,with a little and often approach, I think next session I will be zig and chod ready, 

The tufties found my chod this morning, luckily I managed to scare them off with my fake tufty torch, the grebe is an arrogant prick though he doesn't give up 😅