Jump to content

Rod Shots


Recommended Posts

44 minutes ago, Highy said:

Out doin Elmo, maybe and a big maybe - out Sunday for day, Failing that it's a quick overnighter Friday next week after lads GK Training, be at lake for 8.30pm, would be my latest ever set up 😂😂, then be off for dinner. 

Not yet it seems less active today so far,few localisj shows and some fizzing but Friday arrivals has made this swim a little more penned in,I nearly moved but had a power nap and when I woke up they were sheeting feet from my  rigs but nowt happened, but they are out and should work given the chance, plenty of bait out to draw them in, so the table is set, just need the guests to arrive now..... Tbc

Link to comment
Share on other sites

IMG_20210626_055126.thumb.jpg.08c0a3e0ae906ff9865a0b650528d7ab.jpg

Was just having my crack of dawn cuppa wondering if my thrown together on darkness rig was still presented OK, when it ripped off, so I guess it was 😂 

I lost another one last night on the stiff boom Ronnie, almost a carbon copy of the first tbh same place it seemed to come off ,I have to admit I threw my rod down and instantly regretted it as my reel got dirty and now needs a clean😯, but I thought its not hooks I've tried them all now, must be Rig length went from 7 to 12 inch and changed from stiff link to tungsten loaded x stiff (quicker to tie in anger) and sent out a 12 inch Ronnie with a mugga, 

Luckily this one was quite well hooked, cos every twist and turn I kacked my pants a bit more, its been an emotional 2 days, glad to have been on the right side of one because I would have left a broken man, and I can add to a blooming catch report finally seems ages 😂

Gonna airbomb the granny out of the place with my remaining munga now then go home, lovely times 😬😬😬😬😬👀 😁😁😁😁😁😁

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, elmoputney said:

IMG_20210626_055126.thumb.jpg.08c0a3e0ae906ff9865a0b650528d7ab.jpg

Was just having my crack of dawn cuppa wondering if my thrown together on darkness rig was still presented OK, when it ripped off, so I guess it was 😂 

I lost another one last night on the stiff boom Ronnie, almost a carbon copy of the first tbh same place it seemed to come off ,I have to admit I threw my rod down and instantly regretted it as my reel got dirty and now needs a clean😯, but I thought its not hooks I've tried them all now, must be Rig length went from 7 to 12 inch and changed from stiff link to tungsten loaded x stiff (quicker to tie in anger) and sent out a 12 inch Ronnie with a mugga, 

Luckily this one was quite well hooked, cos every twist and turn I kacked my pants a bit more, its been an emotional 2 days, glad to have been on the right side of one because I would have left a broken man, and I can add to a blooming catch report finally seems ages 😂

Gonna airbomb the granny out of the place with my remaining munga now then go home, lovely times 😬😬😬😬😬👀 😁😁😁😁😁😁

 

Well earned elmo

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, B B said:

That’s one tidy swim looks like you raked the gravel and a double swim I like the tree line…best of luck mate 🤞

Known as "Suicide" swim this.

Got left rod to purple colored tree, right rod just out straight, both 10 wraps, little en rod 4 wraps out slack lined. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Known as "Suicide" swim this.

Got left rod to purple colored tree, right rod just out straight, both 10 wraps, little en rod 4 wraps out slack lined. 

Gone awfully quiet now, but crashing out all over the swim... think there's myself and 1 more on as far as I can see. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Morning update. 

1 each for me n Little en, come abit closer in now as seen a few roll/show. 

To top it all off, out of the 40 pegs there's me n 1 other fella on (about peg 19) someone has set up next door but 1 to me... Last time that happened I lost my 💩 as got cast over twice and was home by 8am...see how next hour or so goes. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Highy said:

Morning update. 

1 each for me n Little en, come abit closer in now as seen a few roll/show. 

To top it all off, out of the 40 pegs there's me n 1 other fella on (about peg 19) someone has set up next door but 1 to me... Last time that happened I lost my 💩 as got cast over twice and was home by 8am...see how next hour or so goes. 

Best of luck butty

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have looked at many of the swims featured in this thread with envy. By contrast, I have posted a YouTube link to a swim I am currently pre-baiting every day with 5 kilo of raw maize and 1 kilo of the cheapest boilies that can be bought in Decathlon.

 

I have to park some way from where the entrance is to avoid advertising the fact I am there. The swim is on one of three lakes on an abandoned estate. (The deceased owner is buried on an island to the left of my swim!). As you can see it is a pig to get to every day even though it only takes 7 minutes. I just follow the dog (who discovered the hole in the fence for me).

 

On the plus side – I am the only one fishing it, it is free, it is only 2miles from my front door and the head of carp is totally unknown {although I have heard some very large splashes). It is exciting to fish because, as Forrest Gump’s mum says, you never know what you are going to get.

 

https://youtu.be/dByq9f_E-AM

 

Edited by carpepecheur
Link to comment
Share on other sites

30 minutes ago, carpepecheur said:

I have looked at many of the swims featured in this thread with envy. By contrast, I have posted a YouTube link to a swim I am currently pre-baiting every day with 5 kilo of raw maize and 1 kilo of the cheapest boilies that can be bought in Decathlon.

 

I have to park some way from where the entrance is to avoid advertising the fact I am there. The swim is on one of three lakes on an abandoned estate. (The deceased owner is buried on an island to the left of my swim!). As you can see it is a pig to get to every day even though it only takes 7 minutes. I just follow the dog (who discovered the hole in the fence for me).

 

On the plus side – I am the only one fishing it, it is free, it is only 2miles from my front door and the head of carp is totally unknown {although I have heard some very large splashes). It is exciting to fish because, as Forrest Gump’s mum says, you never know what you are going to get.

 

https://youtu.be/dByq9f_E-AM

 

The swim at 6.45 looks inviting, do you know the lake bed structure? Would be good to see some while old dark carp from there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Highy said:

The swim at 6.45 looks inviting, do you know the lake bed structure? Would be good to see some while old dark carp from there. 

The lakes were all constructed in the 1960s or 1970s by putting a simple earth dam across a steam. The bottom is clay. I have not tried either of the first two lakes yet so have no real idea of structure. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

24 minutes ago, yonny said:

It is indeed!!!

Are these the same lakes you captured on your drone a while ago?

It looks a lovely place.

Yes these were the lakes I found by drone. I managed to make just one swim at the last lake. I have had some small low doubles to 15lb and lost a bigger one to a hook pull when float fishing with sweetcorn. The problem is we are spoilt for choice here. At 74 years old I am getting a bit long in the tooth for "guesting". I have a key to another lake where I can fish straight from the car 10 metres from the gate and be guaranteed a few low doubles (and there is only one other perch fisherman with a key). They are all lean mean hard fighting fish and a lot of fun. If you prefer English style fishing I guess Rainbow Lakes is only 1.5 hours away but it is not my cup of tea.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm next out on 24th July for a 24hr, then 31st July for a day session... 

Got the 1st week of August off with little lad (summer holidays), doing a 48hr somewhere 6th + 7th August but don't know where yet... Do I stay local on my membership lake which means more fishing or do I travel for some decent fish? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...