Rod Shots

3 hours ago, Highy said:

I'm next out on 24th July for a 24hr, then 31st July for a day session... 

Got the 1st week of August off with little lad (summer holidays), doing a 48hr somewhere 6th + 7th August but don't know where yet... Do I stay local on my membership lake which means more fishing or do I travel for some decent fish? 

if you can get down to Northampton you ill have plenty to go at. mallard on stanwicks is a good water for 20s

1 minute ago, Carpbell_ll said:

if you can get down to Northampton you ill have plenty to go at. mallard on stanwicks is a good water for 20s

I'll have mi lad n dog with me... Got a week or so to figure it out 

• 2 weeks later...
On 26/06/2021 at 07:36, elmoputney said:

IMG_20210626_055126.thumb.jpg.08c0a3e0ae906ff9865a0b650528d7ab.jpg

Was just having my crack of dawn cuppa wondering if my thrown together on darkness rig was still presented OK, when it ripped off, so I guess it was 😂 

I lost another one last night on the stiff boom Ronnie, almost a carbon copy of the first tbh same place it seemed to come off ,I have to admit I threw my rod down and instantly regretted it as my reel got dirty and now needs a clean😯, but I thought its not hooks I've tried them all now, must be Rig length went from 7 to 12 inch and changed from stiff link to tungsten loaded x stiff (quicker to tie in anger) and sent out a 12 inch Ronnie with a mugga, 

Luckily this one was quite well hooked, cos every twist and turn I kacked my pants a bit more, its been an emotional 2 days, glad to have been on the right side of one because I would have left a broken man, and I can add to a blooming catch report finally seems ages 😂

Gonna airbomb the granny out of the place with my remaining munga now then go home, lovely times 😬😬😬😬😬👀 😁😁😁😁😁😁

What a view, looks awesome mate - lots to like 👍

Well I'm actually out on a 24 session on my mates farm pond, it's turned out to be a runs water plenty of fish 10 fish from 16:30 till dark, biggest 10lb 14oz, Nothing since it went dark plenty of liners, I'm hoping the bigger fish will come out and feed at night, I will have to see. I did a couple of hours last week just with floating crust, I had a 12lber and lost a bigger one in the reeds.

20210726_185638.thumb.jpg.788ef591ff68ce0d2038ba2712c7d9ec.jpg

7 hours ago, finchey said:

Too the park lake was there a problem or fishing in general?🤔

Yep, not be going back anytime soon, was only there for the day.... Pros and cons about the place. 

Pros - FREE fishing, Anglers look out for each other, nice well looked after fish, looked after park, car park on site. 

Cons - Park gates open 24hrs, boy racers on car park, herds of 14-17 Yr olds n boom boxes, dog owners letting dogs jump in anywhere, supposed only fish far side people fish where ever they want, not supposed fish more than over half of lake, people making multiple fires. 

Also the place is no deeper than 4ft at most, still loads fish in the lake, all boshing and cruising, only ever had 4 fish out there, last was my PB September 2020, can be a really tricky lake, I've done about 10 sessions on there and blanked 8 I think. 

Edited by Highy

1 hour ago, Highy said:

Yep, not be going back anytime soon, was only there for the day.... Pros and cons about the place. 

Pros - FREE fishing, Anglers look out for each other, nice well looked after fish, looked after park, car park on site. 

Cons - Park gates open 24hrs, boy racers on car park, herds of 14-17 Yr olds n boom boxes, dog owners letting dogs jump in anywhere, supposed only fish far side people fish where ever they want, not supposed fish more than over half of lake, people making multiple fires. 

Also the place is no deeper than 4ft at most, still loads fish in the lake, all boshing and cruising, only ever had 4 fish out there, last was my PB September 2020, can be a really tricky lake, I've done about 10 sessions on there and blanked 8 I think. 

No good going if you're not enjoying mate, maybe try again in the colder months when it's quiter. 🙂👍

20 minutes ago, bluelabel said:

Sounds like paradise...😒 I don't fish park lakes because of this sort of thing... I've even stopped fishing commercials (the smaller ones anyway) club waters are much better controlled and most folks obey the rules

The club water I fish is a decent water, its more or less an all rounder but can be a challenge some days which is a good thing, there's snags, deep water holes, under water features...

5 minutes ago, finchey said:

No good going if you're not enjoying mate, maybe try again in the colder months when it's quiter. 🙂👍

That's what I'm thinking as it could be a good winter water while it's a shallower lake. 

Got my next few sessions planned And booked with the wife... 

14th August 24hr Club Lake

21st August LOOOONG day session Club Lake

28th is up in air at moment but maybe 48hr Club Lake

4th September The place I had the 31lb sturgeon other week. 

25ht September Carp Charity match for Brain Tumour Awareness