Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
nigewoodcock

Sleeping whilst fishing

Isnt it because they find the latest progression of carp fishing unacceptable and worthy of negative comment, some of us reached that conclusion years ago, if you dont comment, you condone it, whats next.

What's wrong with positive encouragement, why does it all have to be so negative.

Glass being half full and not half empty.

One you won't be able to fish anymore, one day all of us won't be able to fish anymore. There are some people who would love to be in the position you are in, but can't due to illness.

Don't you think you owe it to them to enjoy what they can't have.

Life is too short, to get tangled up in a negative mess. Believe me I could of gone down that road, but I chose to get on with living and not get on with dying.

Gratitude makes what we have enough, be grateful for what you have, because one day it will all be over, and you'll wish you'd of spent your life enjoying what you now miss.

Edited by Gazlaaar

Isnt it because they find the latest progression of carp fishing unacceptable and worthy of negative comment, some of us reached that conclusion years ago, if you dont comment, you condone it, whats next.

You don't get to tell others what they are and aren't allowed to enjoy by your judgement. You don't get to condem or condone what others find enjoyable.

If you don't like something, don't do it! It really is that simple. What others do and how they fish only affect you in as much as you choose to be affected by it.

For example, if you frequent a carp fishing forum, you're likely to come across lots of people who fish for carp. If you don't like the way people fish for carp nowadays, maybe don't surround yourself with those you say you hate??

Funny how swearing isn't allowed on here but slating each other, bullying and threats of violence are deemed to be fine!?!

Gazlaar you de man!

It's the same on most forums, no matter what the subject, some of the PM threats i have been sent on other sites, can be very detailed with a lot of effort on behalf of the sender, never let it put me off my trolling though, PM threats are so 2003 lol.

I will add, i have never had such PMs on this site, in case anyone was wondering.

Sleeping when fishing, yeah i do it, never manage a deep sleep, not like at home, think the experts call it waking rem sleep or something like that?

Edited by Carpbell_ll

I can sleep for England. Once my head hits the pillow I'm gone. But the other side of the coin is once I'm awake I'm ready to go. Most mornings (as can be testified by the majority of my postings on this, and other forums) I am up so early you'd think my job was a postman, baker or milkman!! 

But because I sleep so deeply, I choose to bring my rods in. Like I mentioned earlier in the thread, I was woken up by a run one night that went on for so long I felt a right idiot afterwards, and guilty. By the time I'd faffed around trying to find my glasses, (which I didn't by the way), and then stumbled out of the bivvy still with my legs tangled up in the sleeping bag crawling along the ground like a demented worm, lifted into the wrong rod etc. etc. it proved to me that sleeping and fishing don't go together.

I envy those guys that can be on their rods in a flash. I envy those guys that can stay awake all night. I used to be able to do it. But then again, I used to be able to run quite quickly for the bus. Sadly, these days I can do neither.

So I don't even try.

As soon as I feel sleepy I'll reel in, hit the sack and sleep... safe in the knowledge that my body clock will wake me up at first light, the best time of the day for fishing.

It's the fresh air that gets me, come 11 pm-ish i'm nodding off and tend to sleep until 4-5 am, then i'm awake and can't get back to sleep even if i try, two days of broken sleep patterns like that and i sleep like a log when getting home, my dog's the same he always has a good days sleep when getting back from fishing.

I sometimes stay up late watching the water but it gets pretty boring if nowts happening and more often i'm in bed quite early, hoping for an early start with a take.

In winter I might get a good 12+ hours - can be the best sleep i ever have.

I've never lost a fish in a snag or weed because I was asleep, I get to the rod quickly and fish locked up if it's snaggy or weedy.

We have alarms, whats the issue?

As a kid I used to stay up float fishing and sleep in the day instead, good times.  On holiday last year me and my mate pretty much stayed up for the first 3 days coz it was so hectic.