Jump to content
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Gazlaaar

A Bit Of Interactive Bank Chat

Recommended Posts

51 minutes ago, chillfactor said:

reels & alarms frozen solid

At least the lake isn't, 3 - 4 months of sunshine and fair weather and you couldn't fish, you finally get out and it snows :evil:

I do hope you get a few bends in your rods :fingers-crossed:

Are those shows at the other end of the lake (maybe middle?), or icebergs?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

Nobody clears that estate road, see you in March.

Hahaa. I'll just have to live down here. 

Just poked my head around the corner in to the deep bay. Ice in the margins on the shallow shelf. It feels about 2 degrees colder in that bay than where I am in the full sun. 

Gameplan being drawn up in my head. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, nigewoodcock said:

I’m gagging to get down the lake but I’m snowed in at home!!! 

The 4x4 will get out to the main roads but the wife needs to get out in that. 

hope to see you later on though mate?

I can see me having issues trying to leave tomorrow with even more snow forecast , left Kate with 4×4 I'm in the old van lol 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, ianain said:

At least the lake isn't, 3 - 4 months of sunshine and fair weather and you couldn't fish, you finally get out and it snows :evil:

I do hope you get a few bends in your rods :fingers-crossed:

Are those shows at the other end of the lake (maybe middle?), or icebergs?

yeah just the way it goes ... still just good to be out Ian ... bit of a social as well as a good friend is in the peg to my right & hopefully Nige will be able to pop down for a catch up .

not shows Bird life ... there are fish moving about but silver's & toothy critters, may get the lure rod out & some point .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, greekskii said:

I can't wait to be snowed in at the lake! Steepish hills either side so a bit of ice and I'm stuck... not that I'd intentionally do that though. 

You lie:lol:

If it meant not being able to get to work...:shock::D

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Get the anglers locally to promote good biosecurity. Put it on pages they can't take the posts down. 

Irresponsible owners is what it is. They'll be moaning when they get it when they could have stopped it. 

Look at @yonny water. A confirmed KHV not far away and the owner did the right thing... although the spray you have to use, well I'm sceptical about that. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, greekskii said:

Get the anglers locally to promote good biosecurity. Put it on pages they can't take the posts down. 

Irresponsible owners is what it is. They'll be moaning when they get it when they could have stopped it. 

Look at @yonny water. A confirmed KHV not far away and the owner did the right thing... although the spray you have to use, well I'm sceptical about that. 

I've seen waters closed down, drained, cleared, and left fallow with no water in for two years before being refilled and restocked.

 

A private syndicate water at that!

 

Sadly I think that there are too many irresponsible owners around now.

 

I had it on my Facebook page about how Tim Paisley restocked Birch Grove and The Mangrove swamp, but the base was this: he bought the fish from Ben Gratwicke of I think Priory Fishery Farm, put them in a stock pond of his own, mixed with a few of the fish from those waters, and kept them in there for a year, before putting them into those two waters. If anyone wants it, i'll try to find a link, on my Fb, but he has also written it into More From The Bivvy, which is in itself an excellent read, written during sessions on the bank, covering waters like Ashmead, Rainbow, Mangrove and Birch Grove.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Big Common said:

The EA know, I'm assuming, as tests were done in order to confirm things. The syndicate main lake was closed. An outbreak was also confirmed on there second lake, which is no nearer to the original outbreak, than the club lake I mentioned... With their lakes closed, no bait going in etc, the gulls have moved waters to the club lake for a feed. Was just a bit concerned that the virus could travel as a result and club anglers could then spread it further.... Any conversations get shut down sharpish on Social media...... Reputations and profits involved, so understandable that things don't need to be sensationalised. I do hope it doesn't/hasn't spread... But sticking heads in sand and not officially keeping everyone updated, isn't great....... I'll probably get some stick for this post, or a few dirty looks. But it has bugged me this one.

If you do get any of the aforementioned it's says more about them than it does you mate! The EA 100% know as it is on the website as a confirmed case. A water not to far from there that I fish has installed a dip tank for nets slings matts etc and i believe if you go inside the otter fencing without first dipping kit it's a lifetime ban. As far as I am concerned it should be public knowledge to protect all other local fisheries and those further afield from visiting anglers,  it also goes beyond irresponsible and inexcusable the way it has been hushed up

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, carpmachine said:

Mick saw a hooded figure on the boahouse and Steves daughter woke up screaming after someone had grabbed her leg.

You rotten devil CM , posting ghost stories to Greekskii .

 I'd have thought you'd have ordered a curry for 2 and popped down the estate lake to keep him company ! .

:) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

I've seen waters closed down, drained, cleared, and left fallow with no water in for two years before being refilled and restocked.

 

A private syndicate water at that!

 

Sadly I think that there are too many irresponsible owners around now.

 

I had it on my Facebook page about how Tim Paisley restocked Birch Grove and The Mangrove swamp, but the base was this: he bought the fish from Ben Gratwicke of I think Priory Fishery Farm, put them in a stock pond of his own, mixed with a few of the fish from those waters, and kept them in there for a year, before putting them into those two waters. If anyone wants it, i'll try to find a link, on my Fb, but he has also written it into More From The Bivvy, which is in itself an excellent read, written during sessions on the bank, covering waters like Ashmead, Rainbow, Mangrove and Birch Grove.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, Dannygooner said:

If it's such a problem, shouldn't all waters have these dip baths? I'd never even heard of it until reading this thread. Though I remember years ago I was in Colchester and I recall someone saying there was a fish kill at layer pits. Khv the culprit I presume? Or am I wrong. @salokcinnodrog may know 

Not sure Layer was KHV or SVC, think it was actually oxygen crash from algae.

 

There are problems with drip baths.

The first is that UV light and a dry net is the best way to kill any disease transmission, not dip tanks. You have to be sure that your dip will kill any virus or parasite. Next problem is the solvent strength, as it gets used solvent may get into the lake, which may be harmful to fish, so dip and rinse. The tank as it gets used may actually decrease in strength of the solvent, weakening the solution.

 

The real answer is to use a different net for each fishery, so a fishery providing their own net and mats may be the answer.

 

I found the FB post I mentioned above, I linked it into the quote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Big Common said:

That's right mate, but with mild gloomy Autumns, or lads doing overnighters, work, followed by another overnighter, the kit stays damp in a lot of cases. So , as you say, different net, mat etc for each water, is the only fool proof way.

 

What any sensible fishery manager does is have a net, mat and sling in every swim. Problem being that things like KHV and SVC and even CEV (the latest one) will transfer on things like line, leads, hooklinks. You name it. Braid is the worst for it as water soaks in to it  Then you have birds, can't net your lake can you. 

But a port of call is have fishery nets, etc. It will drastically reduce then chances of getting it. But how do day tickets do that? Places with huge turnovers and some of them a bit unsavoury. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...