Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
snowmanstevo

British Record

Just now, carpmachine said:

What would you suggest.

4 minutes ago, nigewoodcock said:

Steve, I dont think genetically modified is the correct term your looking for???

Selectively bred is the term. No genetic splicing, inserts, etc. Just bred for charactertics. 

2 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

What would you suggest.

Quote:

GMO (genetically modified organism) is the result of a laboratory process where genes from the DNA of one species are extracted and artificially forced into the genes of an unrelated plant or animal. The foreign genes may come from bacteria, viruses, insects, animals or even humans.

i would suggest 'selective breeding' 

6 hours ago, greekskii said:

11. Those Belgian and Dutch fish are lookers though. Hard to tell the difference. Head size is one. 

Some of those Dutch and Belgian fish made it into Catch 22, in fact it was originally known as Lyng Easthaugh, the old fish were removed, then it was totally restocked with Dutch and Belgian fish and renamed.

Dutch or Belgian? The same fish could hold the record in both countries with some of their rivers and canals, thats down to the free movement within the EU and the Schengen agreement:lol::shock:

Come to that the Dinkelsbuehl strain originated in Germany, and guess what, we imported them as well years ago, along with Italian strain fish. 

I think the point is we have our own fish farms, we have no need to bring in fresh imports, we can grow our own fish, and even grow them to big weights, without importing fish from abroad.

image.png

Even the educational fun quiz is a blatant advert.

23 hours ago, cyborx said:

first time i genuinely attempted to select by looks and scored 6/17

my second attempt was just random choice, i scored 16/17 😂 😂 😂

I'm fairly sure that I would get zero unless I did it 5 or 6 times and was given the answers :oops:

18 minutes ago, ianain said:

Even the educational fun quiz is a blatant advert.

I'm fairly sure that I would get zero unless I did it 5 or 6 times and was given the answers :oops:

To be fair though, even though it is a Solar advert (and I admit bias), Solar kit, pods, stands, banksticks and buzzer bars are the best.

I have a biased against click bait, it's sloppy lazy marketing at best - but I'm in danger of sounding like I'm on one again :oops:

I can't comment on their pods etc. and don't doubt their quality, however, if it had been labelled as a Vulpes fun quiz ... and comparing strains of carp to lumps of metal ??? Sloppy, plain, grasping and unimaginative anagram of carp. Know wunder kidz carnt spel this dayz.

:lol: Must be on one :oops:

1 hour ago, levigsp said:

I've tried the link and it take me there but no quiz, ive tried a few times, am I missing something? 

The quiz appears as you go on, after the first click of British or Belgian, the next pair appear and click on down

13 hours ago, salokcinnodrog said:

The quiz appears as you go on, after the first click of British or Belgian, the next pair appear and click on down

Just a blank page with carpology etc at the top, no quiz

You'd think he'd juts accept the fact rather than go to Reuben Heaton.... 

Let's say Reuben get the scales as weighing correctly, if the record committee change their mind based on those findings surely it brings every previously accepted claim into question?

6 minutes ago, greekskii said:

the fish was caught again yesterday? it'll be dead in a couple of years.

I know big fish are greedy but its getting hammered now and not learning at all... never be a true record

From my experience when a fish starts doing that it is a sign that its ill or in some other poor state, i give it months not years, very sad but the same thing happened to bigrig and we all know how that ended 

8 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

It leaves a sickening feeling in the stomach, saw a Japanese invention yesterday for a self striking rod, is this angling, discusted of Northampton.

Just in case you don't remember back in 1973 there was a self striking rod rest made in this country !

The club I was first a member of "Godstone Angling club " had their rule book changed to include "No self striking devices" I don't know for sure but I bet they weren't the only ones.

Cheers

Ian

Really bad PR for Reuben Eaton that' for sure. If they come back with different resualts for the scales im just going to think they are trying to save face. If they they concur the scales were out I'll think fair play for been honest but you reputation been damage. They carnt win.