Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
snowmanstevo

British Record

Alas, I disagree. It's a syndicate fella. If the members aren't told what's going on then that makes it even worse, but I can almost guarantee that lad knew exactly what he was fishing for, he probably watched it go in.

Like you, I don't want to knock the angler. It's the policy behind the issue that annoys me, but I have to say that any man fishing that syndicate should be ashamed to call himself an angler.

Ahh fair play, I wasn't aware of that. I just took it on the bare facts of "a lake" and "a stocked fish" if that's the case and he did know then he is as bad as the rest involved and my sympathy withdrawn

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To answer your first question, both are considered blood sports by some but not all in the anti hunt world, some see no difference, and angling as a whole is next up for those that want to see an end to all hunting, why load the gun that is already pointing at your head?

I'm not anti hunting with dogs either, but a fox should not be killed by dogs, it takes far too long for the fox to die and the dogs suffer terrible injuries and the way the dogs are treated by the hunt is wrong, to say the least. 

Your answer shows me that you have NEVER been up close and personal to a dog killing a fox!

Your answer shows me that you have NEVER been up close and personal to a dog killing a fox!

Feel free to justify hounds or Terriers killing a fox.  then perhaps you could justify the damage done to a terrier when it is underground with a fox, or the fate awaiting a hound when it can no longer hunt, they don't make good pets, do you want to see a video of a hound being shot in the back of the head and dumped into an incinerator, as it is too old to hunt. If you could justify any of that to the average bloke on the street, hunting foxes with dogs would not be banned, what's wrong with just using a gun. 

It rarely kills unless you get close, the fox is left to die of gangrene or lead poisoning, ever see a three legged fox, usually chewed its own leg off to escape a trap, or gassing of whole dens of cubs, these animals need control measures, the hounds kill swiftly and efficiently and make very little impact on the population, the kill rate is low, i am sure if yu gave the animal a choice it would choose the dogs, pity the otter hounds are banned as well.

The voting public will not see it as a benefit to the fox, even if dogs are the closest we have to a natural predator, the damage to the dogs, mainly terriers is what will persuade them. fox hunting with dogs is over, the new rules allow for dogs to flush to guns, that will be the option most people with out an interest either way would vote for.

When your British record carp thread gets hijacked by someone intent on discussing fox hunting. Other forums for that.

It's not just about a record fish there is an ethics question and how the general public would perceive such actions, the same public perception that brought an end to fox hunting as it once was, the two are very comparable, I haven't even mentioned the fox breeding in order to hunt the foxes, which is even closer to some aspects of angling, that's why fisheries need to stop this sort of practice, before the government steps in with their idea of regulations on angling.

Feel free to justify hounds or Terriers killing a fox.  then perhaps you could justify the damage done to a terrier when it is underground with a fox, or the fate awaiting a hound when it can no longer hunt, they don't make good pets, do you want to see a video of a hound being shot in the back of the head and dumped into an incinerator, as it is too old to hunt. If you could justify any of that to the average bloke on the street, hunting foxes with dogs would not be banned, what's wrong with just using a gun. 

Sorry but you said "but a fox should not be killed by dogs, it takes far too long for the fox to die", this simply is a lie, anybody who has witnessed hound kill a fox knows how quick it is.

As for the rest I am not going to try and preach to the people who have taken the sheeps path, I will only say this, I have witnessed dogs of all breeds, destroyed because their pet loving owners thought they were to old, at least a hound gets to live life doing what is natural to it and when it cannot do that anymore it is shot, I wish I could chose that end!

Its like Mr Hales has taken the mick out of of all of us - gone against the whole ethos of the record and what it means, ruined it.

There is no credibility to the capture and there never will be.

I'd rather they scrapped the record than let this fish be on there as the best of the best!!!  :evil:

Sorry but you said "but a fox should not be killed by dogs, it takes far too long for the fox to die", this simply is a lie, anybody who has witnessed hound kill a fox knows how quick it is.

As for the rest I am not going to try and preach to the people who have taken the sheeps path, I will only say this, I have witnessed dogs of all breeds, destroyed because their pet loving owners thought they were to old, at least a hound gets to live life doing what is natural to it and when it cannot do that anymore it is shot, I wish I could chose that end!

Yes it does take far too long for the fox to die to ever be acceptable to today's public, there are claims of foxes taking around three minutes to die and then it's usually after the hounds have turned it onto its back and ripped its stomach out, there is no way that is a quick clean kill. and that is after it has been running in fear for its life for hours in some cases, far from quick. use a gun.

Yes it does take far too long for the fox to die to ever be acceptable to today's public, there are claims of foxes taking around three minutes to die and then it's usually after the hounds have turned it onto its back and ripped its stomach out, there is no way that is a quick clean kill. and that is after it has been running in fear for its life for hours in some cases, far from quick. use a gun.

Again you are quoting the anti propaganda machine and not from real life, I quote from lifes experience.

Just so you know, in one winter I killed just over 2000 foxes,1119 with dogs the rest shot, please don't tell me how quick they die, I saw my fist hound kill when I was 5. Think on this, a fox weighs 10-15lb, a hound 60lbs with 4.5 ton per square inch of bite, when a hound grabs a fox its dead, simple, yes its going to get ragged by the other dogs but its dead.

This is the last I will say on the subject as I have far more important things to write.

So,what a lot of talk about foxes and things but not Carp I thought this was a carp forum????? The clues in the title .So back to the original topic,what is known about this so called record Avenue Carp?Surely you can't keep a tank fish ,bung it in a lake,catch it and claim a record? God Richard Walker wouldn't rest.

So,what a lot of talk about foxes and things but not Carp I thought this was a carp forum????? The clues in the title .So back to the original topic,what is known about this so called record Avenue Carp?Surely you can't keep a tank fish ,bung it in a lake,catch it and claim a record? God Richard Walker wouldn't rest.

Moving on to silvers mate, 4lb rudd and dace is the next money maker, think Mr Crabtree in chest waders, it's the future