Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
phildalton1982

What makes you an instant carper?

What a load of tosh! ^^ if you seriously think it's ok to be disrespectful to someone from the off for absolutely No reason then you need your head testing! Irrelevant if a hobby/ sport you should show everyone respect unless given a good reason not to!! And if you think that being an amateur at something deserves disrespect..... again you need your head testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heres 4 lakes/complex rules, all have 40lb carp in em, where does it say no newbies?? Lakes are hawkhurst fisheries, monk lakes, cackle hill fisheries and wylands angling, now they all spent tons of money to put fish in there so why do they allow carp anglers who are learning? Madness!!! Nothing in rules,NOTHING IN RULES

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

It amazes me that you've not put forward a valid point as to why 'instant' carpers should be treated with more respect , respect needs to be earnt

Why should i? Don't see why people just because they've been fishing for years think its ok to treat newbies like dog muck just because they're learning

What a load of tosh! ^^ if you seriously think it's ok to be disrespectful to someone from the off for absolutely No reason then you need your head testing! Irrelevant if a hobby/ sport you should show everyone respect unless given a good reason not to!! And if you think that being an amateur at something deserves disrespect..... again you need your head testing

2nd that

Believe me they try , just remember some of these 'newbies' have money to burn and try to buy instant success

So out of interest which syndi can you buy into then? Most i know of near me have 2 year waiting list or you have to be put forward for it by at least 2 members? What about clubs? I print for 4 different ones, i print their rule books, guess what nothing in there about newbies

Newbie isnt exactly going to join a syndi though, get real

lol that's deluded....get real!! :P

I met a lad on Elsons that landed his pb of 14lb, this was his first lake he'd fish apart from his village pond, A few months later he'd paid a grand and joined Bluebell, the next year he was on Granvilles. One fish he had at Elson he let slip out his mat while putting it back. his skills didnt match the waters he joined...but he had mates that got him on them :roll:

lol that's deluded....get real!! :P

I met a lad on Elsons that landed his pb of 14lb, this was his first lake he'd fish apart from his village pond, A few months later he'd paid a grand and joined Bluebell, the next year he was on Granvilles. One fish he had at Elson he let slip out his mat while putting it back. his skills didnt match the waters he joined...but he had mates that got him on them :roll:

Obviously easy to get on syndis near you then fella, not so down here. That's by the by, yes there will be the occasional numpty, even ones who claim to know everything, i saw a fish jump out of someone's hands once, he'd been fishing for donkeys years, it happens if you dont pay attention

Why should i? Don't see why people just because they've been fishing for years think its ok to treat newbies like dog muck just because they're learning

I look at it like this:

I give every angler respect, and if required and/or asked, offer help. If they are struggling with a fish, unhooking, usually because they have not got a set of side cutters, or need to borrow a mat because they haven't got one large enough they can borrow mine (I usually have a large spare).

It is when they give lack of respect to me back I stop respecting them, or more correctly keep away from them, which in a way is still giving them some respect.

A new angler may not ask for help, because they are scared of the response, so I will offer. If they choose not to accept, that is their choice.

Some refuse because they want to learn and do it for themselves, which for some may be the best way to improve their handling skills. If however I think the fish is at risk then I will be a bit more insistent.

The difficult part is when a new angler comes to a lake, and asks for information. What do you say when it is hard earned?

Do you tell all 'your' spots? Your baiting secrets, like wooden balls, or do you clam up?

This keeping quiet may be seen as disrespect, yet none is intended.

After a few times on the water the new angler may offer something back, information wise, or a baiting situation that worked, and can be utilised. At this time they have earnt plenty of respect.

Or the new angler who decides to set up in the next swim, and decides to do a Spod fill the lake, without asking if it's ok.

Not going to get much respect are they?

When I joined Earith, Ian Jones who runs the lakes asked for two references, from previous fisheries, and I had to have an interview, where I was asked about my fishing experience

Nothing to say oscsha? Ive just posted proof that even fisheries allow newbies. I can ring the chairman of my local club and ask his opinion too if you like. Its just the narrow mindedness of some people who think they're better than everyone else

Aye where did I say fisheries don't allow newbies ?? 

you started a thread about 'instant carpers' now your calling them newbies .

All  anyone other than yourself has said is that its not on jumping into the deepend without experience/guidance  what is it that you don't understand 

Sorry, should of said instant carper, or newbie cos thats what they are! New to carp fishing, instant being as you guys put it not doing an apprenticeship in carp fishing. I started beach fishing years ago, walked into a tackle shop and bought some gear, i was an instant beach angler. Same as when i ordered my first carp set online, instant carper, Don't see the reason everyone gives instant carpers grief, its a handful of em that mess it up. Its the hatred of the learners i dont get

What I find highly amusing is all these people berating the people that are learning but and it's a huge BUT sorry to say this but as much as many of you may have many years rolling up to decades half centuries of experience you are all still "learners" because none of us will ever know everything about carp fishing! Instead of mocking berating disrespecting maybe just maybe you should offer your assistance and knowledge and skills to the less experienced..... or set up an apprenticeship scheme to pass on the font of knowledge that you have.... you may even learn something yourselves

What I find highly amusing is all these people berating the people that are learning but and it's a huge BUT sorry to say this but as much as many of you may have many years rolling up to decades half centuries of experience you are all still "learners" because none of us will ever know everything about carp fishing! Instead of mocking berating disrespecting maybe just maybe you should offer your assistance and knowledge and skills to the less experienced..... or set up an apprenticeship scheme to pass on the font of knowledge that you have.... you may even learn something yourselves

Korda do that, oops, done it now

Thinking about it........I was an instant carper, although I'd fished for other species before even thinking about carp, the day I did go off to target them...........I caught a 16lb common within 20 minutes  :mrgreen: I was actually going to bait up( as I read carp were hard to catch) glad I took a telescopic rod. :D

Edited by beanz