Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
phildalton1982

What makes you an instant carper?

It's not about disrespecting people as people. More like they have to earn my respect as an angler, and not just carp angling either. If I played in a football team and some bloke turned up in £200 boots and all the latest kit just for a training session, he would still have to earn my respect as a footballer. And he shouldn't just expect to be "in" with everyone (for want of a better term) until he's earned the respect of everyone. He doesn't have to be the best player, but he has to make an effort and add something to the team. Which takes a bit of time.

Once I've seen someone at one or two work parties, or take a bin bag with them when they do a couple of laps of the lake, instead of heading straight for the going swim that happens to be empty. Actually putting something back for everyone to benefit from, then they start to get my respect, whether they are new to carp angling or not.

I also think that it's up to more experienced anglers to help these sort of people out a bit, if they are struggling in any department on the bank.

But that comes from experience and learning yes?

Sent from my P9000 using Tapatalk

Its not a hatred its a concern for the fish and the sport

So they should not be allowed to fish then? Better put that in angling times then mate, breaking news - carp fishing suffers due to amateurs not being allowed to learn. My point yet again is everyone should be allowed to learn without cynicism but help

So they should not be allowed to fish then? Better put that in angling times then mate, breaking news - carp fishing suffers due to amateurs not being allowed to learn. My point yet again is everyone should be allowed to learn without cynicism but help

PLEASE READ CAREFULLY -- go back and read the thread carefully  people have tried to explain to you their concerns    BUT  your don't seem to want to listen  !!

By the way I can guarantee I've helped more anglers over the years than  yourself , thats not being big headed by the way it was partly in a professional manner. 

What I find highly amusing is all these people berating the people that are learning but and it's a huge BUT sorry to say this but as much as many of you may have many years rolling up to decades half centuries of experience you are all still "learners" because none of us will ever know everything about carp fishing! Instead of mocking berating disrespecting maybe just maybe you should offer your assistance and knowledge and skills to the less experienced..... or set up an apprenticeship scheme to pass on the font of knowledge that you have.... you may even learn something yourselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was just going to like this, but it also deserves a repost.

We all still learning, bad judgement and mistakes can happen to anyone no matter how experienced.

Ok Phil,I see your point. Sometimes there may be a sense of snobbery over the length of time a certain angler has been angling for carp or just angling full stop. Only because somebody has done something longer doesn't mean there better at a said persuit,but........

If you owned a water with an amazing stock of fish and some big uns too would you want Joe Bloggs turning up saying it's my 1st proper session for carp,surely you'd want a more experienced/seasoned angler fishing your water. I agree we all have to start somewhere,we all did !

Fishing has changed a lot over the years,even over the last 5-10.......

We was all instant anglers once we baited our 1st hook !

Read this oscsha, reason i posted those rules of lakes. I am listening, i do see but the way instant carpers are referred to is disgusting. Pat yourself on the head for helping more people, well done. Didn't realise it was a competition professionally or otherwise, jeez! Accidents happen, thats life but its not fair saying newbies are irresponsible

I have been fishing for carp since the mid 90s back to the 70s from the start, been visiting kingsbury since i was at junior school, and i can still be a right fud on the bank, most of kingsbury is still a mystery to this day.

The only thing i would say to a new angler is to use a waggler rod, you will learn more a lot quicker than waiting for a ledgering rod to start bending.

What a load of tosh! ^^ if you seriously think it's ok to be disrespectful to someone from the off for absolutely No reason then you need your head testing! Irrelevant if a hobby/ sport you should show everyone respect unless given a good reason not to!! And if you think that being an amateur at something deserves disrespect..... again you need your head testing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re post this, not gonna argue the t o s s anymore

When I took a friend with almost no fishing experience carping for the first time, it was great.  He had no bad habits, no pre-conceived notions or bias about carp and when I showed him the logical way to land, un-hook, weigh and return carp safely he took to it better than any of the other carpers I've met here.  Buried his ashes last week, but it will be the same for everyone else, it's easier to learn than to un-learn.

I think there is a big difference between a noob and and an instant angler, a noob is just that, new to the sport where as an instant angler imo is one that expects instant results, easy picking and ratio of hits to out number the blanks.

To touch on Buzzs post, I feel that when I first got on a proper carp water I was better carp angler than I am today, since them days I'v read ,heard and experienced too much to go into battle with a clear mind , too much mind clutter these days to go purely on a hunters instinct, too many ifs and buts in the mind to feel the gut.

Edited by beanz

In answer to your first question (can't seem to get the quote thing to work).

It isn't...

The transition from pleasure, match or all round specimen angler to carp is most welcomed. The 'instant carper' is someone who takes up angling and starts targetting large carp from the off. In my opinion it can lead to problems with fish handling & playing, watercraft and bankside etiquette.