Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
spr1985

October catch reports

Well I thought I'd start October off as it hasn't already been done.

Apologies for the appalling picture but I had my phone and a head torch and no one to take a picture for me but anyway......

The blank (going on since June) on my new lakes was finally broken this evening. Would have been far happier if the member responsible could have seen the smile across my face but hey ho.....

15lb 7oz of lovely common [emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]

7efb31b67900f2eba493278da0d5d413.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well I have been using cherry Carp's pokernut boilies in 15mm and 18 mm a lot like cell smell wise imo , I had an 18mm on a kd rig,but it had a coating on it that I was testing so I could report back to the scientist, I shall leave it in his hands as to wether he would like to divulge or not [emoji6] as I don't feel it's my place to say.

Looks like a tiger nut and an extreme withey. nice fish, what are your stocking levels and the size of your lake out of interest.

The rig is actually quite simple. It's tied from fluoro (which I had no confidence in) but the lake has turned gin clear in the past few weeks. Watching carp spook off my rigs whilst stalking prompted me to ring the changes. Just a curve shank hook. Knotless knot but trim off the hair and add a bait stop and swivel. Think they call it the german rig??? No nuts on the lake. So the bait is a p-nut+ wafter from velocity.

The lake is around 3.5 acres and stock at a guess is around 50 to 60 fish.

With a mixture of the old originals and around 20 of your favourite simmos [emoji2] also holds some decent tench.

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Super fly fantastic looking fish mate well done, the lakes I am fishing would no doubt come under the "easy" category, I think they are both about 3.5 acres no idea on stocking levels but I have seen plenty of fish in them.....but no matter what anyone says I KNOW that easy is not how they should be described I've fished them since June and only one fish out! Again good fish and well done [emoji1303]

Super fly fantastic looking fish mate well done, the lakes I am fishing would no doubt come under the "easy" category, I think they are both about 3.5 acres no idea on stocking levels but I have seen plenty of fish in them.....but no matter what anyone says I KNOW that easy is not how they should be described I've fished them since June and only one fish out! Again good fish and well done [emoji1303]

Anyone can say a lake is easy when they haven't fished it.

I've smashed redmire to bits in my head many times [emoji2] it was easy.

Just carry on enjoying your fishing mate. We don't go to blank.

The rig is actually quite simple. It's tied from fluoro (which I had no confidence in) but the lake has turned gin clear in the past few weeks. Watching carp spook off my rigs whilst stalking prompted me to ring the changes. Just a curve shank hook. Knotless knot but trim off the hair and add a bait stop and swivel. Think they call it the german rig??? No nuts on the lake. So the bait is a p-nut+ wafter from velocity.

The lake is around 3.5 acres and stock at a guess is around 50 to 60 fish.

With a mixture of the old originals and around 20 of your favourite simmos [emoji2] also holds some decent tench.

I'll be going over to flouro when I change lakes in a month or so.

I've heard a lot about this German rig lately.

Have to give it a go.

And nice fish as usual mate.

Nice work superfly you have posted some belters over the last couple of months  8)

With my run of luck at the minute I would take a simmo at the minute  :lol: (and yes there are some in my water)

our carp are nearly forty years old

So what happens when these fish start to die CM, as much as I love old fish they don't last forever.

Steve, can I politely ask you to hold back on the running down of the members, the fish they catch and the waters they fish.

You are entitled to your thoughts but every thread seems to go this way.

This particular type of thread is for people to show what they have worked hard for. If they feel that they are just going to get stick for it, we will start loosing members left right and centre. All that will be left then is you and I arguing pointlessly over the same subject time and time again!!!

Caught this old beaten up warrior in the early hours.

A one-eyed parrot mouth.

9b37ee7eaea045348fc2c7574d1d4c30.jpg

4 fish on a new rig I thought I'd try. So a nice confidence boost going into the colder months. The hook holds were very good.

f4813a04bb525aad235928bce578703b.jpg

Well done, a nice fish and good thinking changing up your rig.