Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

JoeMean

New to the forum

33 posts in this topic

Hi guys, just thought I'd introduce myself!!

I'm Benn, I've been fishing for about 30 years. All types of course fishing.

Not got a very big pb, quite embarressed to mention it if I'm honest haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks carp machine, I don't mention I was from teesside. Reason for the low pb haha [emoji6]

Edited by JoeMean

Hi guys, just thought I'd introduce myself!!

I'm Benn, I've been fishing for about 30 years. All types of course fishing.

Not got a very big pb, quite embarressed to mention it if I'm honest haha

Welcome to the nut house Joe :)

My pb is 21lb so don't think we worry to much about weights mate it's more the journey as long as it's not to muddy then i stay at home !

Welcome to the forum  :)

Like some of the other guys have said size is becoming irrelevant these days, it's more about making sure you enjoy the angling environment you choose to fish in.

Thanks guys!! Warm welcome indeed!!

Go on then, 10lb ghost common is my pb but I've also caught about 50+ 9lbers haha

Go on then, 10lb ghost common is my pb but I've also caught about 50+ 9lbers haha

Never caught a Ghosty, Nice one :)

Dont get caught up in the hype Joe, you catch what is in front of you, i could take you places in Northamptonshire where you would catch 10 doubles in a day, maybe 20 pound plus fish, its all about stocking levels and what is available to you, just enjoy your fishing and dont put yourself behind any one else, maybe they have got it easy.

JoeMean likes this

welcome Joe, just remember PB's are there for you to better and you can only better your own.

climbing that ladder is a personal journey that we all take, some are slower than others.

10lb ghostie is a good fish and there are plenty on here who cant claim that one bud, my best ghost came in at 18lb 2oz and snapped me off four times in one season, i had been chasing it for two and a half years before i got it in the net so they are worth every moment spent on them.

keep on keeping on and enjoy the ride :wink:

JoeMean likes this

Welcome to Carp.com.

Enjoy every fish, it's about the long term, not the instant big hit.

Enjoy and learn

David_Ridgers likes this

Hi Benn, get stuck in mate. Look forward to any of your comments. This place caters for everyone. As you can tell by everyones comments, size doesn't matter. Blanked my last five sessions, I'd settle for a one pounder right now.

Hello mate, welcome...

Who cares what your PB is? It means nothing really. A 10lb fish from the north east is just as meritorious as a southern 20 in my opinion. A fish to be proud of fella.

I'm originally from Teeside too. Redcar...

Welcome to the forum fella,

Hnv I don't know how big Redcar is but I used to work with a few guys from there (irrelevant I know)

hnv likes this

Welcome mate,

Hope you enjoy the site i haven't been a member long but i have had loads on good comments and lot of nice people on here.

I wouldn't worry about your PB mine was 9lb for 15 Years until i had my 23 as long as your enjoying it.

Plus at the end of the day its your PB so its your personal best not any one elses. 

Edited by TopDj

hahaha!!! ten pound?? TEN POUND?? imageslaff_zpszhtlgni0.jpg

thats about ten pound more than a lot of folks PB Ghost matey, never ever be ashamed of what you have caught only what has got away :wink:

welcome to the asylum btw :lol: