Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
muftyboy

Water Temps

What would you guys expect the water Temps to be at this time of year?.

I've never really thought about the actual Temps.

Just thought warmer in summer and colder in winter lol.

Last week I gave my bait boat a run out as it's been collecting dust for a couple of years.

The temperature that came up on the sonar surprised me.

After 24 hours of cold rain the water Temp was over 15 degrees.

Is this normal for this time of year?

Is my sonar a load of rubbish lol?

Edited by muftyboy

I tend to keep an eye on water temps, last week on the lake I was fishing that averages out, at about 10 foot deep, the temp was just over 16 degrees. That reading was taken in around 6-7 foot of water. So the temps on your lake are very similar to that on the lake I'm fishing.

In my experiance it takes a good few cold days and nights of frost to dramatically drop the water temps at this time of year.

I tend to keep an eye on water temps, last week on the lake I was fishing that averages out, at about 10 foot deep, the temp was just over 16 degrees. That reading was taken in around 6-7 foot of water. So the temps on your lake are very similar to that on the lake I'm fishing.

In my experiance it takes a good few cold days and nights of frost to dramatically drop the water temps at this time of year.

So how does it compare to other years?.

Is the water Temp unusualy high?.

Last week as soon as there was a break in the rain there were a lot of fish on the surface.

Wish I had taken some zig or surface gear with me.

Compaired to other years and from I have learnt to expect on my water, I think it's about right, maybe 1-1.5 degrees higher but not massivly higher.

There have been years (not for at least 3 or 4 years) when we have had a couple of early frosts, when it's been as low as 11/12 degrees at this time but with no real cold snaps 15-16 is pretty much what I would expect.

I have found it's not untill the temps drop below about 8 degrees that things really start to slow up and going on past years I would not really expect it to drop that low untill late November early December but it all depends on what weather we have for the next few weeks.

First week in December 3 or 4 years ago it was still nearly 12 degrees but in I think it was 2010 after a perticularly cold late october early November it was down to under 8 degrees the 3 rd week in November.