Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

TopDj

Renewing An Old Love

30 posts in this topic

Hi guys just started up fishing again after about 12 years last time i went was when i was about 14, Been a few time now with work mates as a little competition (witch i won 3 time in a row), my new BP is 22lb 14, so i'm doing ok. But this Saturday i am going on my first night fishing, witch a i am looking forward to but bit worried about.

I have the following if you could let me know if you think this is to much or i need to add more to it.

Bivvy

Bedchair

Chair

Cooking Stove

Cool Bag For Food

Food (Made Up Chilli for dinner, bacon and sasuages for breckfast, coffee, water, snacks)

Head Lamp

Little Table Lamp

Magazine

Loo Roll

Spare Cloths

Oves the normal bits like rods + Reels lol

like i say just worried i am forgetting something as i know night fishing can be different and don't wanna miss anything out 

Thanks Guys

Hi guys just started up fishing again after about 12 years last time i went was when i was about 14, Been a few time now with work mates as a little competition (witch i won 3 time in a row), my new BP is 22lb 14, so i'm doing ok. But this Saturday i am going on my first night fishing, witch a i am looking forward to but bit worried about.

I have the following if you could let me know if you think this is to much or i need to add more to it.

Bivvy

Bedchair

Chair

Cooking Stove

Cool Bag For Food

Food (Made Up Chilli for dinner, bacon and sasuages for breckfast, coffee, water, snacks)

Head Lamp

Little Table Lamp

Magazine

Loo Roll

Spare Cloths

like i say just worried i am forgetting something as i know night fishing can be different and don't wanna miss anything out

Thanks Guys

Warm sleeping bag as its starting to get cold .

One i will recommend is spare batteries for torches you never know

tight lines

dave

Warm sleeping bag as its starting to get cold .

One i will recommend is spare batteries for torches you never know

tight lines

dave

Thanks Ya forgot to put that on there i have a sleeping bag, but spare batterys are a good shout thanks,

bit of a random question whats best way to get into and out of sleeping bag with out having getting inside of bag dirty by boots?

Thanks Ya forgot to put that on there i have a sleeping bag, but spare batterys are a good shout thanks,

bit of a random question whats best way to get into and out of sleeping bag with out having getting inside of bag dirty by boots?

Now sounds funny but i used to use slippers for the bivvy when i was doing night sessions , am sure others will help .

tight lines

dave

Spare socks, sometimes you get your boots on other times you don't, chances are you will be tending your rods with just socks on your feet.

I leave my boots so when i swing my legs out of the bed my feet land on my waiting boots, i leave my head torch in one of the boots too, most of the time i just grab the torch and get wet feet.

TopDj likes this

Spare socks, sometimes you get your boots on other times you don't, chances are you will be tending your rods with just socks on your feet.

I leave my boots so when i swing my legs out of the bed my feet land on my waiting boots, i leave my head torch in one of the boots too, most of the time i just grab the torch and get wet feet.

Sounds Like fun looks like im getting wet feet lol 

I take a pair of crocs mate and put them next to my bed so when I go to get out of the bag they are there in front of me to slip on easily
spr1985 and TopDj like this

I take a pair of crocs mate and put them next to my bed so when I go to get out of the bag they are there in front of me to slip on easily

Very good idea I like it thanks

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Headtorch.

Invaluable.

Ooops! My bad. Seen you got one.

:oops:  :oops:  :oops:

Edited by smufter
TopDj likes this

If anything you probably have too much stuff mate. I was the same when I got back into it this year. .....

Ditch the chair, get yourself a bedchair buddy that folds inside your bed chair.

Ditch the "table lamp" and use your head lamp when it's needed, or carry a couple of small candles.

Don't take loads of spare clothes, just a couple of items.

Ditch the cool bag, you don't need one this time of year, your food will be ok for 48hrs so try and fit it into your holdall.

Bacon "or" Sausages, not both.

You'll be surprised at how little you need once you been a few times.

One thing I always take, is some good old fashioned wellies, you can slip them on and off quickly and they are handy for stepping into the margin to gain a different angle on the cast and more importantly they allow you to land and release any fish safely when the water level has dropped a bit.

A small radio is handy to have on low in the bivvy.

I know you wanna be comfy, but try not to get bogged down with loads of gear or you'll spend more time setting up and packing up than you will fishing.

..Good luck buddy.... Hope you get one.

hnv and yonny like this

If anything you probably have too much stuff mate. I was the same when I got back into it this year. .....

Ditch the chair, get yourself a bedchair buddy that folds inside your bed chair.

Ditch the "table lamp" and use your head lamp when it's needed, or carry a couple of small candles.

Don't take loads of spare clothes, just a couple of items.

Ditch the cool bag, you don't need one this time of year, your food will be ok for 48hrs so try and fit it into your holdall.

Bacon "or" Sausages, not both.

You'll be surprised at how little you need once you been a few times.

One thing I always take, is some good old fashioned wellies, you can slip them on and off quickly and they are handy for stepping into the margin to gain a different angle on the cast and more importantly they allow you to land and release any fish safely when the water level has dropped a bit.

A small radio is handy to have on low in the bivvy.

I know you wanna be comfy, but try not to get bogged down with loads of gear or you'll spend more time setting up and packing up than you will fishing.

..Good luck buddy.... Hope you get one.

Thanks mate Ya I don't have the money for bed chair buddy at the min but if I get into nights will def get one. My table lamp is tiny and fits in my tackle bag any way lol. Thanks for the feedback tho mate def need to invest in wellies or half waders lol

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Thing is, it takes you a few trips to work out what you need and don't need. I love doing overnighters but get racked off with how much gear you end up taking. 48's are even worse although a mate of mine reckons the only difference between the two is an extra couple of pot noodles.

TopDj and Big Common like this

Totally agree with Smuft, like I say , just got back into it myself this year and it took a few trips to work it out. Finally got my kit down to a sensible amount and the weather started turning. So it seems like I'm adding stuff now, instead of taking it away.

The other thing the wellies are really handy for TD, is when you have a swim with  trees above you on the cast. Just jump in the margin and you gain 2 or 3 feet of head room.

I never leave for a session night or day without me Wet Wipes..............

Not to be confused with a small packet of painters wipes...... did that once at work...... won't be doing it again.

TopDj and Ghost hunter like this

Bivvy

Bedchair

Chair

Cooking Stove

Cool Bag For Food

Head Lamp

Little Table Lamp

Magazine

Loo Roll

Spare Cloths

Thanks Guys

Rod and line :wink:

Sent from my Sony Xperia

TopDj likes this

I put my welcome on your other bait thread, and then moved it into the Bait and Bait making section of the forum.

I am one of those who takes everything they need :wink:

So bivvy, bedchair and sleeping bag (suitable to minus5), rods, (d'oh, obviously), food and drinks for the time you are there, which may mean water and kettle and coffee or tea bags.

My food bag fits inside my rucksack, and I take a clean socks, t-shirt, sweatshirt and spare combat trousers in the rucksack. My stove, frying pan and saucepan also fit in there.

I have a head torch that goes in the tackle box, and I carry a spare in the car. I do have a bivvy light, it has a magnetic base, so a metal washer goes on the outside of the bivvy, and the light sticks to that. I do try not to use the torch or bivvy light though.

My spare unhooking mat has my chair folded up inside it, means I use that as a chair, or by not folding the back legs down as a bedchair buddy. It means I can sit inside or outside the bivvy dependant on choice or weather.

I rarely take loo roll, preferring baby wipes, which after use go in the rubbish bag.

Those (not the same ones though) baby wipes also get used for washing up, with hot water in the pan, plate and cup to clean them.

As for sleeping bag, I take my trainers off as I climb into the bag, and make sure they are straight so I can step into them as I get up. I have tried putting boots on as I get up, and I got into a right muddle; somehow left boot on right foot, and the other boot toppled over as I was trying to put my foot in. I then had to sort myself out while playing a fish!

If during the day it's cold enough for boots, I wear them, but at night still step into my trainers. I can put up with cold feet for that short time.

Bivvy

Bedchair

Chair

Cooking Stove

Cool Bag For Food

Head Lamp

Little Table Lamp

Magazine

Loo Roll

Spare Cloths

Thanks Guys

TopDj likes this

I find as long as there's not lots of standing water its best not to wear boots at night I have a pair of crocks by the bed chair that are,dead easy to slip on and off and quite sturdy I find.Various tackle company's also sell similar things well worth investing in.They are also good for in the day if your having a nod or its wet and you are lying reading or something,I can't be doing with dirty boots on my bed.

TopDj likes this

I find as long as there's not lots of standing water its best not to wear boots at night I have a pair of crocks by the bed chair that are,dead easy to slip on and off and quite sturdy I find.Various tackle company's also sell similar things well worth investing in.They are also good for in the day if your having a nod or its wet and you are lying reading or something,I can't be doing with dirty boots on my bed.

Leave the boots in the doorway ready to slip on. I find them quick to get on, little harder to remove.

Welcome bud

So did you go on your night session over the weekend ?. If so how'd it go & was you comfortable ?. Im hoping to do my first night session this week if my stuff arrives in time.

Bivvy

Bedchair

Chair

Cooking Stove

Cool Bag For Food

Head Lamp

Little Table Lamp

Magazine

Loo Roll

Spare Cloths

Thanks Guys

The other things, which I'm sure you have, is your unhooking mat, fish care bits and scales.