Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
TopDj

Renewing An Old Love

Hi Guys,

Update After The Weekend,

First off I Would Like to say thank you to everyone who replayed.

Had a really good night, was very cold you could see your on breath by 8pm lol, by 11.30pm i hadn't had a fish and was to cold even though having 3 layers on so returned to my, Very nice and warm bed-chair and sleeping bag. I then got woken up at 1am by my friend who i was fishing with coz his rod had torn off lol, (bit jealous) it wasn't untill 3am before my first fish and then an other 4 more after that untill about 9am, after this the lake went dead again and was finding it hard to even get a look in lol. but Really enjoyed myself and will def be going again, i might wait untill spring now tho. (Still doing days).

I will put up a few pictures up on here of my set up, the hat wasnt mine before i get any comments lol 

Thanks again guys nice to be a part of a form were people are nice and you get replays lol 

Chair

Little Table Lamp

Magazine

Ditch these IMO bud.

The chair is just unneeded weight - You can sit on your bedchair, otherwise you can be on your feet observing the activity, keeping warm.

The table lamp will just alert any wildlife (including the carp) to your presence. You don't need it anyway if you have a head torch.

The magazine will cost you fish - I used to take books with me years ago but I was missing the observations that lead to captures. When I ditched the books I started seeing and catching much, much more.

At the end of the day we night fish to enjoy the nocturnal environment and to catch more fish. The more comforts you take, the more you lose that. If you're able to sit back and read mags next to your table lamp human nature says you will do so. For me that's not what angling is about. There is nothing in any piece of literature that is exciting as watching the silhouette of a big carp smash out in the moonlight.

Enjoy your angling bud!

Ditch these IMO bud.

The chair is just unneeded weight - You can sit on your bedchair, otherwise you can be on your feet observing the activity, keeping warm.

The table lamp will just alert any wildlife (including the carp) to your presence. You don't need it anyway if you have a head torch.

The magazine will cost you fish - I used to take books with me years ago but I was missing the observations that lead to captures. When I ditched the books I started seeing and catching much, much more.

At the end of the day we night fish to enjoy the nocturnal environment and to catch more fish. The more comforts you take, the more you lose that. If you're able to sit back and read mags next to your table lamp human nature says you will do so. For me that's not what angling is about. There is nothing in any piece of literature that is exciting as watching the silhouette of a big carp smash out in the moonlight.

Enjoy your angling bud!

Ya the magazine never come out the bag forgot it was there to be honest lol, the table lamp I ended up hocking above the unlocking mat, see pictures this made it a lot easier when unlocking the fish and weighing. The chair I took as I was with a mate we both sat outside of our bivvys, if I was on my own wouldn't of boverd with it lol thanks tho

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk