Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

dangerous26dave

new to the forum but not for carp... please dont retaliate!!

24 posts in this topic

Hi all.... I've scowered the Google for whitefriars info...

I know how it's a hush hush water but the quietness and surrounding areas suits me.

I'm going to be targeting bream and tench next year and would like some info on wf.

do you guys fishing for the carp get breamed out.. do you think there is a large head of decent bream worth targeting that would be a lot easier than the elusive carp fishing on the water.

pellet, corn and maggot approach etc.

thanks in advance all.

Dave

Hi Dave .... are we talking cotswold water park ?

Always was known as the bream pit by the guys I know who fished it ... with large specimens.

Not fished it myself so can't help in those regards.

Hi chill. Ahh my first reply... I'm used to forums as I'm on wsf for my sea fishing.

Yep the south cerney pit. I'm trying to get a double figure bream but hunting a water that holds more than one or two. I'm from s Wales so it's not that far for me. I fished linears Hardwick and Smith's on Thursday... Some big ones in there but costs a bit and normally rammed and get frowned on bream fishing! Lost a carp no bream.. bloody zebra muscles shredded my line!

Thanks.

Dave

dangerous26dave likes this

I feel your pain about the Zebras at linear... I've only fished there once did 4 nights on St John's for carp lost two good fish due to them !

Fairly sure there are specimen bream in there Dave as the waterpark is known for it & Tench .

I heard they might be losing thamesmead A & B from a member on here . Funnily enough I'm toying with joining Ashton Keynes in the spring ,might see you down there .

Found a nice spot and fished a slider float on Cokes pit hoping for some tench. Turns out it was polished of from carp not tench.

lost a huge common 35lb plus I had it on the rim of the net twice but alone and fishing an 11ft pellet wagler rod bent double it bottomed out and pulled the huge size 14 barble hook out its top lip and wollowed back down into the clear water!! 40 min fight I'll never forget!

If you fish there mate. Message me and I'll tell you the spot.. I'm not a carper so I'm willing to share that swim. May of been a lucky hook up but it was deep and polished off. No silt no weed.

Dave

You will be making gazlarr jealous with talk of 35lb carp mate!!! Get on the sliders gaz!!!!

Whitefriars is a beast of a water. I was just about to start doing a bit on there alongside my syndicate on the water park but met a girl, moved back to Shropshire and the rest, as they say, is history!!!

And yes, it's hush hush on there!!!

Gary will probably be having heart palpitations best not say to much Dave :wink::lol:

Will pm you at some point swap details etc .... I will definitely be able to put you on to bream after a few sessions :lol:

Thanks lads.

Yea Cokes pit was lovely.

Great for tench but nothing of any size.. well I mean no doubles. No doubt there will be one in there as most the water parks have them.

info for my quarry on whitefriars would be much appreciated.

cheers.

lol...I'd like to know that spot too!! Ive just spent 3 months blanking on Cokes. Always been on fish but getting a pick up is conkers. There are some clonking tench in there though (and bream). I netted a tench for a mate (Sssshh!) the other week that was the biggest I've ever seen easily 9-10lb... It's mouth was so big that in the darkness I said "it's a small carp Gaz, well in..." then came the disapointment!

As for White friar's, I fished it years ago for a summer (10-12 years ago) and the tench were quite numerous. It definately has the potential to produce big double figure Bream. On the main, long bank opposite the gravel workings area, with the wind in your face you catch big tench in numbers at 20-40 yards range. It was weedy (canadian) back then so a clear hole/channel in the weed would produce.

It's all hush, hush but only about the carp. I was hearing rumours of a common in the upper 40's back then, supposedly banked by a 'name'.

If it is specifically big bream you are after have you thought about Dorchester Lagoon (next to Orchid lake)? it was the record bream venue years ago I think.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and good luck..!

Ok mate. Will do when I get home.

To be fair, I've been avoiding most of the obvious, polished spots if I'm honest. The bird life clean them off...

Has the thamesmead complex gone to housing like so many other lakes have on the water park?

Thamesmead A,B&C and manorbrook have been sold. I heard the buyer was Boyer leisure.

If that's the case that's good ish news as the lakes you would think would remain as fishing lakes and not filled in!

Yeah, I thought so too. It's just that the cost of a ticket will go up 10 fold...

If that's the case that's good ish news as the lakes you would think would remain as fishing lakes and not filled in!

let's hope so .... it's for this very reason so many are trying to save Horseshoe from the old board.
hnv likes this

No flameing here ... fishing is fishing at the end of the day ... and for us carp guys bream are part and parcel of what we do like it or lump it at the end of the day a fish is a fish and i would rather reel in a few dustbin lids than blank atleast i no my rigs are being presented in a way that fish are taking then even if it is a big old slimey bream.

As for the complex mentioned never fished it so cannot comment ... all i no is 10mm fishmeal boilies catch alot of bream i use to use smaller baits when i first started out but over the years noticed the bigger the boilie the less chance of a bream i normally use 18mm or above to avoid them on waters with a big head of bream ... but using bigger baits is not 100% bream proof ive had 8lb bream out on 24mm before.

Good luck.