What kind of bait for this time of year

Boilies mate, 18mm n 15mm, say for instance, my local i would put 1 kilo out over 3 rods to start then top it up every hour with 30-40 baits a rod. Winter, 10 - 20 baits per rod to start with, just see how it goes. Any movement up it to 20 - 30 per hour. Did that make sense? Lost myself there!

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

I just continue to use whatever I've found works well on my chosen water through the summer months. I actually up the amount I use at this time of year, I'll start to reduce it in December.

find them and you have a chance

Exactly that. It's no problem for the time being, it'll be weeks before the activity slows to the point you struggle to find them.

I don't really do much carp fishing in the colder months but when I do I'll mainly have corn or maize on the hair with a small bag of trout pellets, or I'll fish it in the margins over a small handful of hemp/corn. I don't really fish with boilies much but if I do I'd go for a spicy one or as carpmachine said a pineapple popup, I like using the 10mm ones :)

Boilies mate, 18mm n 15mm, say for instance, my local i would put 1 kilo out over 3 rods to start then top it up every hour with 30-40 baits a rod. Winter, 10 - 20 baits per rod to start with, just see how it goes. Any movement up it to 20 - 30 per hour. Did that make sense? Lost myself there!

Yes got you. What boillies do you use mate? And do you find any persific liquids work well this time of year. Trying to get myself prepared for the winter because last winter I didn't have much success tbh.

What boillies do you use mate? And do you find any persific liquids work well this time of year. Trying to get myself prepared for the winter because last winter I didn't have much success tbh.

To be honest bud winter aint hard because of what they want or will choose to eat, it's hard because they're difficult to locate and they don't feed for prolonged periods in cold water.

If you can find them and present a bait during a feeding period, pretty much anything will work.

If you aint on them or you're on them for a period during which they will not feed, it doesn't matter what you use, you wont convince them to feed.

IMO

Edited by yonny

To be honest bud winter aint hard because of what they want or will choose to eat, it's hard because they're difficult to locate and they don't feed for prolonged periods in cold water.

If you can find them and present a bait during a feeding period, pretty much anything will work.

If you aint on them or you're on them for a period during which they will not feed, it doesn't matter what you use, you wont convince them to feed.

IMO

Or keep feeding them up so they dont go into winter mode, keep em searching treating is as a food source. Thats my plan anyway

I just continue to use whatever I've found works well on my chosen water through the summer months. I actually up the amount I use at this time of year, I'll start to reduce it in December.

Exactly that. It's no problem for the time being, it'll be weeks before the activity slows to the point you struggle to find them.

The same bait all the year through.

What do you make of cc moore ? Have hurd good things ? Use good quality ingredients

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk

I used to go fishing with someone who made their boilies from cc Moore stuff and would give me free boilies every session. The bait was quality mate, if it wasn't for him I wouldn't of caught my pb :D