My first uk 50

Can see why someone wouldn't want to share the venue. Can't see a reason not to stick a pic that doesn't give the lake away.

Never did understand that though. Lakes with publicity bans. Even if you know where it is, without a ticket you can't fish it. Surely all it does is makes the waiting list bigger. Unless it's about being concerned about poaching, in which case unless it's a massive unsecured water, the lake is bailiffed by the members and the owners so you'd be unlikely to get away with it.

Just another example of old carp anglers being precious and secretive for the sake of maintaining the air of mystery around catching carp.

Show us your 50 carphauler! :wink:

Most English fifties are known fish, if he has caught one of those, everyone gets to no where, if he has caught an unknown, keep it to yourself or get swamped with Wanabbees, as for the no publicity point, why give aawy details to others, increases prices, encourages poachers and blows your own fishing out of the water, tell em nothing.

You are right their most but not all ............ :wink: 

If people don't want to prove their results then that's fine. Those people shouldn't take it upon themselves to try and offer their opinion to others on their fishing. Don't know about you, but if I'm about to have heart surgery from a bloke, I'd quite like to see a few people still walking around that he's worked on.

If you've never caught a carp your opinions on catching carp are worthless. If you refuse to validate your claims to catching carp it's the same thing. Be private with your captures, sure! Just be private with your advice and opinions too. Simples.

If you want to take somebody as some sort of expert just because he puts up a load of meaningless photos up to a bunch of disbelievers, thats up to you, i could stick you loads on next season,  i would just amble over MK and fish  Alders farm and photograph one after another, mid twenties no problem, but would that make someone worth listening too, not in my books

But we're not talking about mid twenties "one after the other"

We're talking about a personal best, a lake record, and a milestone in a fishermans life.

All I'm saying is that if all three of these happened to me I would shout it from the rooftops.

Well, not the rooftops but you get what I mean.

I'm a keen golfer too.

I'm a member of a golf forum.

If I got a hole in one, or shot a new course record, the forum would get to know about it.

Just saying.

What I find interesting is how come this capture doesn't fall into your false pb mob & meaningless captures cm ?

What sets this apart from your thoughts on angling which you have been ramming down members throats of late ?

Genuine question.

Edited by chillfactor

only my opinion but if your going to put that you've caught a 50 or any other fish for that matter on an open forum then why wouldn't you post a pic as well? if the lake has a publicity ban then fair enough but why say anything at all? you don't post a pic because you want a pat on the back but just to share your capture with like minded people. most of my friends and family are like oh a fish but fisherman appreciate what you've achieved etc no matter what size or where from and its nice to share. as for the lake then being full of wannabes etc then that will only happen if the lake is a day ticket and i don't know of any day ticket 50's. and if its a known fish then chances are there is a waiting list as long your arm already. so lets see this beast. oh and well done on your capture.

What I find interesting is how come this capture doesn't fall into your false pb mob & meaningless captures cm ?

What sets this apart from your thoughts on angling which you have been ramming down members throats of late ?

Genuine question.

especially without knowing where its from. it may well after all be a "wrongun" .  to me a carps a carp and  the people that fish for them and catch them are all equal. i fish for what i fish for but would never knock another angler for where he or she fishes, each to their own i say.