Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Lumeymorris

The stolen carp

I was fishing over the weekend and a few hours before nightfall a group of lads turned up and fished a swim quite close to me and after witnessing me land to carp within a hour they new exactly where I was fishing and avoided the area, while I was awake that was. As around 1am I was awoke to one of my alarms going off so as you go I got up and stuck it only to find someone had crossed my line. I knew it was the new guys that turned up just be for nightfall as my friend was fishing to the right of me and his alarms we not going off so I could only perfume it was one of the new guys and after seeing where I had been catching thought he was being sneaky and waited until I fell asleep and casted into my swim. But boy was he wrong! So I reeled it only to see someone had crossed not only one line but both leaving to also reeling my second rod, now after freeing my lines I had every intention to cut his line but thought it was a bad idea leaving a rig laying around with a load of line attached to it so I started pulling it in to cut it on the bank to find the line pulling back so carried on with a bit more care only to find a fish on the end off it so with the help of my friend we landed it without any problems . It was a nice fish as well 17lb common. And the to top things off shortly after he left I casted a rod out into where he was fishing and landed my biggest from that lake at 23.8lb to finish the trip

WOW [emoji15] some people have no etiquette at all!

I had it at the weekend some guy turned up at about 10am (I'd been there since 06:30) and proceeded to cast bit his rods to within a few feet of where I was fishing and then spiffed the life out of it [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35] needles to say I blanked [emoji52]

Well in with the big one though mate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by spr1985

He should have spotted the cast across his lines his mate as well, as for the other bloke, it looks like he was too late responding.

In the pitch dark???

When I'm fishing in the dark, I'm not 100% sure where my bait has landed, let alone the guy in the next swim.

I know you are trying to prove a point mate, but please talk sensibly.

Are you telling me on a still night, usually silent you wouldn't notice a big lead splashing across your lines

That's what I am telling you.

In the pitch dark, unless I was watching the water intently, then no, I wouldn't see a lead splash.

I'd hear it, but I wouldn't see it.

Why would I be watching the water intently in the pitch dark?

I'd be watching my bobbins, doing something in my bivvy, possibly making a cuppa.

But I most probably wouldn't be watching the water.

And who said it was a "big" lead anyway.

A one ounce lead doesn't make very much of a splash unless it has a pva bag attached to it, or a method feeder.

And a splash needs light to reflect on it to be seen.

With no light at all, you can "see" a splash?

As I say, I can hear one, but I can't always see one.

But I suppose it was a cloudless sky with a full moon.

Thats the difference between us

Sure is.

I fish in the "real world" where people do fall asleep on a night session, where people do put a picture up when they catch a new pb, lake record, and they are "buzzing".

Where was this caught by the way????

Edited by smufter

I reeled it only to see someone had crossed not only one line but both leaving to also reeling my second rod, now after freeing my lines I had every intention to cut his line but thought it was a bad idea leaving a rig laying around with a load of line attached to it so I started pulling it in to cut it on the bank to find the line pulling back so carried on with a bit more care only to find a fish on the end off it so with the help of my friend we landed it without any problems . It was a nice fish as well 17lb common. And the to top things off shortly after he left I casted a rod out into where he was fishing and landed my biggest from that lake at 23.8lb to finish the trip

You sure it wasn't a trailer (a fish trailing a cracked off rig/line)?

I expected some kind of ordeal when you landed the fish still attached to someone elses rod?

Sure is.

I fish in the "real world" where people do fall asleep on a night session, where people do put a picture up when they catch a new pb, lake record, and they are "buzzing".

Where was this caught by the way????

thats an easy one smufty!!

thats Retreat lake near laval, France :wink:

prob C 30lb and maybe caught on Trent freshwater shrimp??

just a guess you understand :wink::lol:

You sure it wasn't a trailer (a fish trailing a cracked off rig/line)?

I expected some kind of ordeal when you landed the fish still attached to someone elses rod?

Was not a trailer fish as I herd his alarm beeping which was how I new which bit of the line to pull and herd him in the morning saying to his friends about how he lost his weight and rig.

As for playing the fish I think he was close by anyway as it didn't take me long to bring it in. all I did was gently pulled the line in case it suddenly pulled off and cut into my hand, pulling my sleeve over my hand once I regained a bit of tension from the slack line. There was one period where the line tighter up around my hand but nothing to hard. And once it came into view it was floating on the top so with and extended landing pole my friend quickly netted it before it could kick up a fuss.