Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
xpl0rer

Another forum newbie :)

I have actually psoted in the fourms already, but felt it would be a good idea to formally introduce myself. My name is Tom and I'm primarily a game fisherman on the river Cleddau in south-west wales. I started fishing when I was about 8 years old with the ol' man for brown trout,a nd over the years I have moved onto sewin and salmon, utilizing fly, lure and baiting, what ever works on the night. I started carping this year as my brother in-law, (to be) is an avid carp fisherman and as it its an area of fishing I dont have much knowledge in I decided to give it a go, and natually after my first double figure I was hooked. I'm very much still wearing my L plates with regards to course and carp, and never afraid to ask questions, so expect alot of these from me in the future. I'm very much a beleiver of shared knowledge and I see fishing as more of an art form than a sport and feel if we all work together to share and distribute knowledge, we can all benefit from it and bring our sprot into the modern day.

My largest carp this year has been about 18-20lb, weight doesnt bother me at the moment so unless there is a group of us going I rarely weight my fish, I just enjoy them in my hands for a few seconds before returning them to my swim, I've seen people keeping fish out of water for long periods of time to take photos and weight the fish, and I dont agree with this, but thats another story. Even If i was to keep the fish (as mentioned, Im a game fisherman also), I would knock the fish the second he was landed to ensure minimum stress for the fish, as it blessed me with a meal, its the least I can do. Anyway i'll stop ranting now lol.

Hope to see you all in the forum! And hello again to the guys ive already met :)

X

It took me a long time to catch an 18lb carp..... Like you say though, weight doesn't matter. Glad to hear you are enjoying your carp fishing. I rarely photograph my fish, although I have decided to make an effort to do so come the new year, just for some evidence of time enjoyed on the bank. It was good of you to introduce yourself xp. Consider this as a belated welcome..... Tight lines.

It's me attempting to convert a drum roll into text :) it's all good I'm pretty immune to the welsh jokes lol [emoji14]

Sent from my HUAWEI G6-L11 using Tapatalk

Edited by xpl0rer

Mulled wine, followed by baileys followed by whiskey macs, yep thats me asleep and rather ill![emoji32]

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Ahh another one who gets rather thirsty over the holidays [emoji14] for Christmas this year id like to know when to stop! [emoji14]

Well as soon as it hit 1st dec we ALWAYS have chilled ginger wine and Bailey's in the fridge, we're on our 4th bottle of Bailey's now

Sent from my LG-H955 using Tapatalk

Please stop im getting thirsty! XD