Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

Welcome along kaiser I'm in your neck of the woods working at the moment,I walk the canal near the mailbox daily at the moment...... keep wishing I'd brought my rods with me, anyway tight lines

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome along kaiser I'm in your neck of the woods working at the moment,I walk the canal near the mailbox daily at the moment...... keep wishing I'd brought my rods with me, anyway tight lines

Hi, I drive over the bridge over the top of that canal every day, it was very good for drop shotting this summer.

I'm pretty sure their are carp lurking by the salvage turn foot bridge seen some huge swells come up but not actually seen them so can't be positive, was chating to a guy fishing the pole last week but he was only getting tiny little Ines and said it had dropped rite off over the last couple of weeks

I'm pretty sure their are carp lurking by the salvage turn foot bridge seen some huge swells come up but not actually seen them so can't be positive, was chating to a guy fishing the pole last week but he was only getting tiny little Ines and said it had dropped rite off over the last couple of weeks

There's a chap that fishes the pole by the main fire station stretch & he told me he's seen some large carp in that area, but to be fair I haven't seen much about, the Grand Union at Sparkhill/ small health section has a good carp & pike population but it's a dodgy area to fish solo & so I now go with a mate ( pity as I grew up in that area).

welcome to gods little corner kaiser.

canal carpy heaven between yardley road by the crem and dovehouse lane/lode lane bridge, highest concentration were by castle lane bridge a couple of years ago. :wink:

I've seen a few where you say whilst on my way to Catherine de Barnes, in addition increasing Zander numbers too.

Welcome to the forum bud, im another from brum. Ive got the old/new mainline canal at the back of me, ive not really fished it for carp but its got the odd big eel or two :)

Thanks for the info, years ago (late 70's early 80's) as a kid I was lucky to live close to John Sidley & he sometimes used to take me fishing over to Earlswood. I'll have to pay your patch of canal a visit in the summer when the eels are on the move.