Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

carpjack

Newbie carper saying Hi...

10 posts in this topic

Hi Guys....

I'm 54 and from Swansea and have been sea fishing for round 40yrs,mainly for Bass,but my back don't allow me to clamber over the rocks like i used to so i thought i would have a go at this carping malarky innit☺.....i've only been 3 times(2 lakes)and have caught 2 carp,1 @ 10lb 8 and the other @ 12lb 4,they give heck of a scrap dont they lol......i'm well and truely hooked(scuse the pun lol)

I'm not working atm so have had to buy cheaply but have put a few things together to get me by until i can upgrade.i also make my own boilies and pop ups to save a bit of cash.Not looking to fish specimen lakes,just the small commercials that are around my area..

Nice site by the way....

Cheers Guys

Big Common and xpl0rer like this

Welcome to the forum. If you have a safe net and some sort of mat the other necessaries are pretty basic; a good clutch and some persistance. Yeah they really go, my first was about a 5 on a fly rod and I was sold.

carpjack likes this

Welcome along mate, plenty of useful info around the forum for you to get stuck into! enjoy [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

carpjack likes this

Ta for your welcomes Guys,will be getting used to the forum over the next few days....☺

I have a fishery rated net and mat,the first 2 things i bought☺

Edited by carpjack

Welcome to Carp.com

Decent net, good unhooking mat, along with line and hooks the most important bit of tackle.

I don't care what species it is, I will use my mat for big roach, chub, tench, perch and pike rather than put them on the ground, in fact as much as many hate them, even bream :wink:

carpjack and xpl0rer like this