Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Sign in to follow this  
stevefranco

father and son Carp fisherman willing to share petrol and

expenses for fishing trips living in London

we have just been to Linear fisheries by mini cab and it cost us £257 all in, we cant afford to keep doing it at that price.

If there is anyone out there what has room in their car for us and needs to share cost of petrol etc, then please get intouch with us.

if you could leave a message in Pm, ill get staright back to you, this is a genuine plea.

and when all you have is a ultra hard park lake on your doorstep how else you going to have a dent days carping, unless you live out of town then your extremely lucky

i'd spend all that money on a good food bait, & put it in the hard lake on a regular basis. after a while the lake will become easier to catch on. then you've got easy access to it :wink:

Mate of mine used to travel light, get a train from walthamstow up to broxbourne to fish at Carthagena, back pack and a rod holdal about 20 minutes brisk walk. Then of course there's Walthamstow ressies, (mill stream there has barbel into doubles for something a bit different).

Apart from that can't help you much (I'm in the process of moving to Cambs) apart from suggesting cabbing somewhere closer like the Lee Valley. (they have their own fisheries website).

Take a train to Horsham or Guildford and then a bus maybe a cab to Furnace lakes. Just take your rods and terminal end tackle as you can hire every thing else there.

Second thoughts, scrub that Idea will be just as expensive.

Ever thought about taking up knitting as a hobby?

NitroNick

The lea valley lakes are only 5 miles up the road. Wish I had a collection of lakes like that so close.

I have :D

Lots of nice waters, lots of different controlling clubs/organizations to join, lots of chav/drunk summer carpers (litterers all), lots of immigrants (no speaky eengleesh......can I have your fish for my dinah?), antis having a pop, kids swimming in your water during the school holidays, dog walkers throwing sticks in the lake for pooch, crayfish to deal with, kids on mini moto buzzing around the lakes at midnight, night fishing under stansted flight path..............I'm struggling now :lol:

It aint all bad, just have to be selective with your choosen water.

The lea valley lakes are only 5 miles up the road. Wish I had a collection of lakes like that so close.

Lots of nice waters, lots of different controlling clubs/organizations to join, lots of chav/drunk summer carpers (litterers all), lots of immigrants (no speaky eengleesh......can I have your fish for my dinah?), antis having a pop, kids swimming in your water during the school holidays, dog walkers throwing sticks in the lake for pooch, crayfish to deal with, kids on mini moto buzzing around the lakes at midnight, night fishing under stansted flight path..............I'm struggling now :lol:

Oh dear :shock: Is it that bad, I take it back then :lol::lol:

Denham in the heart of the Colne Valley is 21 miles away :shock::shock:

Good God man!! How much fishing do you want :D

Oh dear :shock: Is it that bad, I take it back then :lol::lol:

Plenty of big fish :wink:

Not that I've had any :(

I've heard about some good speci lakes in Rickmansworth, on the end of the met line. Dont know how far from the lake the tube is, but wont cost £257! Think there's a good place in Watofrd - Tollpits, but might be syndicate.