Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

nigewoodcock

First fish of the year

15 posts in this topic

Had a couple of hours spare this afternoon some went down the lake for a bit with the rods.

Literally 5 minutes after casting in the rig, over 3 spods of bait, the rod was off!

I was just getting the second rod out the sleeve!!!! I used the same B5, black snail and B5 pellet mix again with the added liquid B5 food. Absolutely instant attraction to a bait that they must now be accepting as a good food source. Being the bailiff and only having a select few members on the lake, I know exactly what bait goes in and I'm the only one on essential. The weekly baiting I do, throughout the year including winter, is really paying off.

ace2e6f9ee5b7ecc41f9f5d4e52169d1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hutch, muftyboy, gagnaccarp and 7 others like this

You are making this winter fishing look all too easy, the park pond i walked around today had a lid on most of it and that was at mid-day.

It's great to see someone getting the rewards from their hard graft ; there seems to be quite a few on the Forum who soldier on with very little to show for all their efforts .

:wink:

It's great to see someone getting the rewards from their hard graft ; there seems to be quite a few on the Forum who soldier on with very little to show for all their efforts .

:wink:

I'm out at the weekend hopefully I can add a pic that has something other than rods and robins in it

I'm out at the weekend hopefully I can add a pic that has something other than rods and robins in it

Go Spr ! .

Had a couple of hours spare this afternoon some went down the lake for a bit with the rods.

Literally 5 minutes after casting in the rig, over 3 spods of bait, the rod was off!

I was just getting the second rod out the sleeve!!!! I used the same B5, black snail and B5 pellet mix again with the added liquid B5 food. Absolutely instant attraction to a bait that they must now be accepting as a good food source. Being the bailiff and only having a select few members on the lake, I know exactly what bait goes in and I'm the only one on essential. The weekly baiting I do, throughout the year including winter, is really paying off. ace2e6f9ee5b7ecc41f9f5d4e52169d1.jpg

Cracking fish mate 8) 8-) 8)

Another quick bite within 15 minutes of casting the first rod in and putting 5 spods of boilie and pellet over the top, doused in liquid B5.

04 02 2017 13lb.jpg

6 hours ago, nigewoodcock said:

Another quick bite within 15 minutes of casting the first rod in and putting 5 spods of boilie and pellet over the top, doused in liquid B5.

04 02 2017 13lb.jpg

Well done Nige .

I noticed you have upped your spods from 3 to 5 ; is this because you have sensed increased fish activity ? .

:)