Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

brugge

River Fishing

12 posts in this topic

Hi, has anybody ever been river fishing in France rather than just lake fishing, does anybody fish for carp on rivers in England,

brugge

One of the forum members, Gagnacarp, lives and fishes in France on the rivers for part of the year, the rest of us live here and some of us fish the rivers for carp.

thanks for the replies, l was wondering the best way of presenting my bait in the river, the river at this time of year is fast flowing so l don't know whether anything l place near my hook bait is staying there, l have caught  carp there before but not having a lot of luck at the moment also taking into account its winter, any tips,

brugge

find some slow water , dam, i dont fancy your chances in fast water , dont think im your man really as my rods dont come out on my local rivers round Bolton in winter as there aint much there , in summer when im in France they will be out again , but my summer  fishing tactics , mainly in the margins / snags are completely unsuitable in fast water , your wasting time and money throwing any freebies into moving water , at best you might get a few bits stuck between rocks and pebbles , if thats what the bottom is , if you find a good size deep hole , trough on the river bottom and you can land some bait in it , you could be onto a winner , simple rigs , big leads , warm clothes and a big flask of hot stuff ! must admit im waiting for some clear crisp winter mornings to do a bit of dead baiting for pike !

Good luck !

many thanks for the reply, maybe l need to move up the river a bit to the other side of the dam. when your in France which rivers do you fish,

brugge

Hi Brugge, I'm up near Lussac les Chateaux or  L'Isle-Jourdain, where about's are you? I tend to fish the small rivers feeding the Vienne or the Vienne  if it's slow

Give me a shout

Hi, not fished up that end of the vienne, l normally fish the vienne around St Leonard de Noblat, or on the Maulde that feeds the vienne, lots of barrages on the Maulde with a good lake at Bujaleuf. I live south about 20 mins south of Limoges and also fish a local lake about 3 hectres with some good carp in , biggest I've had 11.4kg about 25lb,

brugge