Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

salokcinnodrog

Carp.com Update

128 posts in this topic

Friday the 3rd of February saw the forum being upgraded/updated.

To put pictures into posts you no longer have use img codes, you can now do it direct from your device.

Tapatalk will no longer be required as it appears the new update is fully web complaint and can handle image uploading via mobile, tablet and desktop with the same theme.

It will allow uploads and be consistent across all devices. 

There is a size limit to file size you can upload though, so for larger pics you may still need to use a 3rd party host to add your pictures to posts

All photos can be uploaded directly with a limit of 8MB per photo.

dayvid and cloud9 like this

2 hours ago, chillfactor said:

Is there no full version available on mobiles now then ? 

in the old version of the software, the full version was the desktop version you could switch to because of the limitations in the mobile version.

in the software update, it's the full version which now adapts to fit desktop, tablet and mobile device screen sizes properly.

Well, this is going to take some getting used to (some good, some might not be so good?)

I think that I've disabled e-mail notifications again, there are however a couple that I can't toggle to off.

I will note that if I wanted a round avatar, I would have made one? Luckily I kept the negatives so can make a larger version.

Let's see if the image upload works, certainly seems easier, although it doesn't seem as though there is any control over where they go?

dont-dowindows.jpg

Oh, OK, you can edit it, and now type down here, will have to play later :evil:

Where's the insert ominous noise?

Edited by ianain
David_Ridgers likes this

3 minutes ago, ianain said:

Well, this is going to take some getting used to (some good, some might not be so good?)

I think that I've disabled e-mail notifications again, there are however a couple that I can't toggle to off.

I will note that if I wanted a round avatar, I would have made one? Luckily I kept the negatives so can make a larger version.

Let's see if the image upload works, certainly seems easier, although it doesn't seem as though there is any control over where they go?

dont-dowindows.jpg

Oh, OK, you can edit it, and now type down here, will have to play later :evil:

Where's the insert ominous noise?

i found the option to disable "rounded photos".. now back to normal.

Cheers :) Thought I'd gone further from sane :confused:

Edited by ianain

3 minutes ago, ianain said:

Cheers :) Thought I'd gone further from sane :confused:

it was a major forum software update (v3 to v4) by default the social media norm is applied like rounded images.. there are lots of options under the hood where changes and customisation can be made.

Thanks, I'm sure there will be a few things that need ironing out and getting used to!

On the bright side, it should keep CM quiet while he works it out :lol: so good work!

It'll take a little getting used to, but so does everything.  It's nice to be able to post pics directly.

bogey flowers.jpg

9 minutes ago, ianain said:

Thanks, I'm sure there will be a few things that need ironing out and getting used to!

On the bright side, it should keep CM quiet while he works it out :lol: so good work!

nevermind CM, you need to go back and reduce your avatar now cos that hook hanging in from the side is doin me ed boiy :lol:

er!! where has the 'back to top'  button gone???  :o

Edited by cyborx
cos i still could ;)

4 minutes ago, buzzbomb said:

It'll take a little getting used to, but so does everything.  It's nice to be able to post pics directly.

bogey flowers.jpg

There is a 500k limit, so go careful

5 minutes ago, cyborx said:

nevermind CM, you need to go back and reduce your avatar now cos that hook hanging in from the side is doin me ed boiy :lol:

I dun mi pic wiv the old forum, will have to re-do something now, but with all that extra space, who knows what I can come up with :lol:

Yours is looking a bit more blurry than usual as well Jonno, and this time I know it's not my eyes showing their age :mr-magoo:

9 minutes ago, cyborx said:

By the way, that hook is a krank :shock:

10 minutes ago, cyborx said:

er!! where has the 'back to top'  button gone???  :o

Are you getting e-mails for every time you're quoted?

I've set the limit to 8MB per photo now..  so you can all upload your photos directly via mobile, tablet and desktop.

1 minute ago, ianain said:

I dun mi pic wiv the old forum, will have to re-do something now, but with all that extra space, who knows what I can come up with :lol:

Yours is looking a bit more blurry than usual as well Jonno, and this time I know it's not my eyes showing their age :mr-magoo:

looks blurred to me too bud, but i know my eyes are gone :lol:indexeye_zps1hclduve.png

4 minutes ago, ianain said:

nope!!

are

you

3 minutes ago, admin said:

I've set the limit to 8MB per photo now..  so you can all upload your photos directly via mobile, tablet and desktop.

Top banana :)

33 minutes ago, admin said:

social media norm is applied like rounded images

What pixel size are they supposed to be now? The old forum gave a size and I can't find it on this one?