Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

salokcinnodrog

Carp.com Update

117 posts in this topic

43 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

That's weird, I am not signed in on this browser but it recognised me.

You might have clicked on something (to agree to it) when the changes took over - your browser - can be set to update you of any changes and will probably automatically log you in - there might be a symbol in the address bar of your browser, have a look and see if you can disable it:

big brother.png

1 hour ago, carpmachine said:

Now you can reply as a guest, this is seriously open to abuse.

Guest posting is disabled.... probably cookie related as it remembers you.. are you using any of the facebook, twitter or gmail sync logins, this will auto login you in on other devices you are logged into these accounts there when accessing the forum.

1 hour ago, ianain said:

Normally, the forum would be marked (or unmarked as the case should be since the NEW image should disappear) as unread once I had read the post in question; the second image is when clicking on the forum title "UK Carp Fishing" where it shows the stickies then the threads in date order.

again.png

The image below is after clicking on "UK Carp Fishing

again2.png

There were a few unread posts which I viewed and their NEW image has disappeared; I also note that the thread "Delkim sensetivity [sic]" from my previous image has been moved.

I noticed a similar issue with V3, regarding post view counts.. it appeared to be delayed as the forum has job tasks running in the background.. i'll check with support, i suspect it's related to this.

I don't think the update's that bad at all. Bit of a ball-ache at first but OK after the filters are sorted. It's miles easier to use on the mobile.

Hope to see the forum a bit busier soon.

Just now, DEANO30 said:

Uploads failing on sg s6 well within the 8mb limit.

how long is it taking before failing?   it could be timing out if the connection is slow.

Just now, DEANO30 said:

The bar fills within 2 secs and says -200 

take a screenshot of the error and see if that uploads, if it does, it might help me.

Are you on wifi or mobile data?

2 minutes ago, DEANO30 said:

Screenshot_20170218-114443.png

The sceen shot uploaded im using wifi but still not uploading anything else i have tried many pics from my gallery.

Edited by DEANO30

8 minutes ago, DEANO30 said:

The sceen shot uploaded im using wifi but still not uploading anything else i have tried many pics from my gallery.

so you can upload images the, so the image upload is working, but prevents you from uploading photos.

i'll pm you to email me the photo, and i'll try with an image that fails.

19 minutes ago, admin said:

so you can upload images the, so the image upload is working, but prevents you from uploading photos.

i'll pm you to email me the photo, and i'll try with an image that fails.

Email on route and yes seems upload is working but not for photos

Sorted, i've had to up the memory limit allocated per process for handling extremely large images like this.

You should reduce the resolution and file size prior in order to save yourself data if mobile and also speed up the load time and processing.

DEANO30 likes this

56 minutes ago, admin said:

Sorted, i've had to up the memory limit allocated per process for handling extremely large images like this.

You should reduce the resolution and file size prior in order to save yourself data if mobile and also speed up the load time and processing.

I forgot to add, it might have been only 2.85MB, but at 2988 x 5312 res, it need 256MB of physical memory to uncompress the jpg as an internal bitmap in order to resize it for and compress it for more optimal storage and reduce bandwidth, for pages to loading quickly.

22 minutes ago, admin said:

I forgot to add, it might have been only 2.85MB, but at 2988 x 5312 res, it need 256MB of physical memory to uncompress the jpg as an internal bitmap in order to resize it for and compress it for more optimal storage and reduce bandwidth, for pages to loading quickly.

Now you have lost me ahaha but yea for sure whatever you did it worked lol

Thanx admin lurker

1 hour ago, InteraX said:

Hi admin. Is there any sign of the dark theme?

Had to put it on hold as we're sorting out email delivery options for improved notification delivery

On 04/02/2017 at 13:32, ianain said:

What pixel size are they supposed to be now? The old forum gave a size and I can't find it on this one?

Sorry, only just picked up on this.

General images are resized for speedy downloads and also resized for different devices (desktop, tablet and mobile).

avatars are usually around the 100px x 100px max size, anything larger are normally proportionally resized down to fit 100x100.