Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Reedy11

Baby milk powder

Hey everyone,

Bit of a random one, what are your thoughts on using baby formula as a replacement to milk protein in a boilie recipe to 50g/kg?

im going to use normal milk powder anyway rather than any of the fancy stuff, and thought e.g. Hill organic baby milk at £8 for 800g would have increased protein/vitamins and iron in right?

HiPP are the world's experts in organic baby food and nutrition with over 50 years experience

Organic source
Contains Praebiotik® (Galacto-oligosaccharides/GOS)
Oligosaccharides obtained from lactose

Omega 3 & 6 LCPs (DHA & AA)
Contains added Omega 3 (DHA) and Omega 6 (AA) LCPs

Am I crazy or would that be better than normal milk powder?

Lamlac is far cheaper than that (£4.25/Kg when buying 10Kg from the bay, delivered) although if you are only adding 5% it will last some time, even so you can get it in 1Kg lots for less

6 hours ago, Reedy11 said:

would that be better than normal milk powder?

Probably not, marketing (or brown stuff from bulls) applies to everything these days, often things are advertised stating things which make our ears twitch rather than have any genuine use or benefit; "omega 3 & 6" is a current buzz word which is supposed make us and our progeny super smart.

I've been taking it all my life so I think I should sue them, I'm just too stupid to do so - fish can't take IQ tests as the ink runs when they fill the papers out, and flippers not a fish before anyone says :lol:

Thanks for your replies guys, I'm looking at lamlac but can only find 5kg minimum lol if I find anywhere that only does 1kg I'll go get some :) looks good though as I'm not putting much in it should last ages like you said

Thanks for your replies guys, I'm looking at lamlac but can only find 5kg minimum lol if I find anywhere that only does 1kg I'll go get some :) looks good though as I'm not putting much in it should last ages like you said

CC Moore & Spotted Fin, both sell Lamlac in 1kg bags :wink:

Anything with added omega 3 and 6 are always a good thing to add, these are what are known as EFAs or essential fatty acids, but unlike other vitamins and minerals the fish can't synthesize these from their environment meaning they have to consume them, if you can give them everything they need in one package you're heading along the right lines :wink:

You may use Cerelac by Nestle. They have a wide products line with different mixtures. And they work as really good binders. You may use cerelac in boilies, in feeder baits and also in your groundbaits. And I think they are comparatively cheaper.