Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble

I'm carp fishing bout 6 years in Ireland not to many lakes here with carp my pb is 16lb only a few lakes here with twentys one very public lake has french fish biggest I think is 42.5 , people here keep the lakes to themselves that hold carp very hush hush mostly to keep  the munchers off em (polish/Romanians Lithuanians) there's two runs water's here ones free and ones a day ticket most be jammed most weekends I love fishing  can't beat chilling out trying to catch that pb fished about 70 night's last year had twenty fish mostly doubles cant beat that feeling of catching a new pb and feeling that rod bend it's tough going the lake I fish so be so jealous of all the other european and the UK anglers so many possible lakes for yous to fish within an hour or two , it's my dream to open my fishery saving at the minute so hopefully within the next 5/10 years if I don't get a mortgage before then to do it , hope to import English fish and make a 3 lake complex 2 runs water's and a specimen lake the people of Ireland need a real carp venue, I'm suprised no English men havnt tried opening fishery's here as it be a goldmine trout/match fishermen here are the only real real fisher men recognised here the by the fisheries board alot of red tape to import carp here as the EU have the whole no foreign species so I hope to find a way to get around it an fulfil my dream , anyways just thought I'd write bit bout myself and Irish carping as I'm new cheers 

And tightlines all

Edited by irishangler
Spelling mistakes

On ‎23‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 22:10, irishangler said:

I'm carp fishing bout 6 years in Ireland not to many lakes here with carp my pb is 16lb only a few lakes here with twentys one very public lake has french fish biggest I think is 42.5 , people here keep the lakes to themselves that hold carp very hush hush mostly to keep  the munchers off em (polish/Romanians Lithuanians) there's two runs water's here ones free and ones a day ticket most be jammed most weekends I love fishing  can't beat chilling out trying to catch that pb fished about 70 night's last year had twenty fish mostly doubles cant beat that feeling of catching a new pb and feeling that rod bend it's tough going the lake I fish so be so jealous of all the other european and the UK anglers so many possible lakes for yous to fish within an hour or two , it's my dream to open my fishery saving at the minute so hopefully within the next 5/10 years if I don't get a mortgage before then to do it , hope to import English fish and make a 3 lake complex 2 runs water's and a specimen lake the people of Ireland need a real carp venue, I'm suprised no English men havnt tried opening fishery's here as it be a goldmine trout/match fishermen here are the only real real fisher men recognised here the by the fisheries board alot of red tape to import carp here as the EU have the whole no foreign species so I hope to find a way to get around it an fulfil my dream , anyways just thought I'd write bit bout myself and Irish carping as I'm new cheers 

And tightlines all

hi there good to see someone from over here. I'm about 28 miles from Belfast, whereabouts are u.

On Thu Feb 23 2017 at 22:10, irishangler said:

And tightlines all

70 nights 20 fish not a runs water then haha 

Welcome to the forum 

I love fishing I'm just back from  a two day blank 55 km hour winds battering  the bivvy had cement blocks on 3 pegs stop it blowing away , ah mate I love been out in the wilderness catching  is a bonus can't beat a 20 day blank to hearing that alarm on toning ,

I appreciate  every fish and the hunt of finding them its not all about size the lake has some lovely mirrors and plated commons,,,, my nephew beat my pb on the same lake last year on his 3rd night carp fishing im carping bout 10 years for my pb here in ireland and he's 11 I've never heard the end of it he caught a 16,8 delighted hor him,

and it's defo not a runs water tough very tough love to see how Danny Fairbrass would get on on it lol 

Couple years back few where caught walking between lough gates on the canals wit a net like a trawler one  either side taking everything on the stretch that's why lads here keep spots quiet keep  em away 

Edited by irishangler

Years ago on a day ticket runs water that i fished when i was getting into carp fishing 2 eastern euros where caught in the middle of the night fishing , even thoe there was no night fishing on this lake.

The worst part was they had a roll of black rubble bags with them and some already had fish in them ... when they was asked to reel in there lines there was 3 inch hooklinks all the way up the line tied to 3 way swivels spaced about 18 inches apart at the end was a sea lead of around 7/8 ounces and there was 2 small carp of around 2lb teathered to the line.

I cannot comment any further accept only the 2 carp where returned safely.

Edited by DEANO30