Content: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Background: Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Pattern: Blank Waves Notes Sharp Wood Rockface Leather Honey Vertical Triangles
Welcome to Carp.com Fishing Forum

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

rosstheangler

Anyone fishing?

1,522 posts in this topic

17 minutes ago, carpmachine said:

Thanks Yonny, only trouble is , i feel old.

That's because you are steve!!! Lol

happy birthday 

On 2/6/2017 at 04:49, smufter said:

Sure is!

Will look much nicer during the Summer months though. 

:wink:

Will it be your focus for this year / season ? 

3 hours ago, carpmachine said:

Yep, thats where Robs going, he will be on in the morning early, like me he doesnt sleep, its an age thing.

Is it morning yet????

:shock:

4 hours ago, adam77 said:

Will it be your focus for this year / season ? 

It will be yeah. I'll go as often as I can, when the weather, and work allow.
I'm only a mid-week member which rules week-ends out for me, but as I work every Saturday and some Sundays then it's not too much of a bind.
Will fish my day off most weeks, with the odd overnighter thrown in for good measure.

I do have a two day weekend, so I am going to try to do a 48 hour session from Friday 

Finish work at 5.30, drive home, walk the dog quickly, and then drive to The Lagoon and set up until Sunday.

Should have been but timing belt snapped on my van so I'm faced with no fishing and a hefty bill. 

Sorry to hear about your van mate there is always another day hope the van bill isn't to high Tight Lines 

Thanks for your kind wishes I don't only match fish I do get my bivvy and carp tackle out I enjoy the experience of catching the king of the still water. But I cannot class myself as a dedicated carp angle as far as my carp skills are concerned I would call my self a little better than a novice. However I don't use a net or a sack I use a unhooking mat and carry waterproof cream just in case of injured fish.  

6 hours ago, greekskii said:

Should have been but timing belt snapped on my van so I'm faced with no fishing and a hefty bill. 

That's too bad; I've had a few break on me but so far been lucky and had enough clearance to avoid damage.

I was going to do some jobs around our fields that I've been putting off all winter this weekend. Then I saw the weather conditions and other variables and can't not be on the bank. So I'm off at first light for the day but may stop the night if it's looking good for a take!

20 minutes ago, nigewoodcock said:

I was going to do some jobs around our fields that I've been putting off all winter this weekend. Then I saw the weather conditions and other variables and can't not be on the bank. So I'm off at first light for the day but may stop the night if it's looking good for a take!

Good luck!

Cheers lads. I was really looking forward to fishing as well. But I'll have it back next week and got a night session planned for the weekend so It's not all bad!

Went down to a local lake this morning and it was rammed so came home unfortunately.......

19 hours ago, nigewoodcock said:

So when " the Sheep is in the meadow , the Cow's in the corn " it'll be because Nige has gone fishing instead of doing his chores .

:) 

I could have stayed at home! The conditions are bang on for a fish and I've had & seen naff all!!!!

Will stay on till morning and re-evaluate things. Was going to be down here most of tomorrow anyway doing some jobs. 

19 minutes ago, nigewoodcock said:

I could have stayed at home! The conditions are bang on for a fish and I've had & seen naff all!!!!

Will stay on till morning and re-evaluate things. Was going to be down here most of tomorrow anyway doing some jobs. 

Well you've got to be in it to win it .

Here's hoping you have a better night Nige .

:)