Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
rosstheangler

Anyone fishing?

well,i failed miserably , i arrived and it looked perfect,prebaiting the night before had brought them in,five minutes after i had my rig in the water 12 foot in front of me a large common rose and boshed around 4 foot from my bait ! it was just a matter of time anyway 3 hours later i was still waiting ,sat on my carp mat behind a tree thats when i fell asleep rod in hand ,when i woke up i was about to tip forward into the river and lunged backwards, a second later the tell tale swirls of water from a disappearing carp rose right next to my rig,gutted  !

Then it chucked it down for an hour and i sat there in my cammo shorts and top like a drowned rat,freezing,i sat there shaking with cold scaring any fish off so i sacked it off !

Cant wait to go again !

well i wouldn't say ive been fishing this weekend, more like camping :| . my current lake is fishing hard at the moment. 1 fish out in the last 10 days and its being fished 24/7. nothing is working. the fact the fish haven't had a proper spawn yet i feel is having a major effect on their feeding habits. wish it would shut down for a few weeks to let nature take its coarse as it were.

I did Thursday and Friday on horseshoe. Had seven takes in all. I lost 3 to hook pulls though. Two in weed and one, a very nice looking and quite large mirror, at the net! It has fished quite moody over the last few weeks so not too disappointed with 4 but a seven fish haul would have been a right result! Oh well. Churn pool with some fantastic mates which I met of this brilliant forum next weekend.

Spent most of yesterday on the canal. Realised without pre-baiting you're really up against it. Found a nice winter spot with a warm water inflow though. Going to start pre-baiting today to have another couple of attempts.

just come back from a session on a river,i dredged a peg yesterday and prebaited with hemp and corn and was there at dawn this morning,i chucked half a tin of corn in and fished my plastic corn , had a hard fighting common around 15-16 lb,its been slow this month,it was very welcome

Not this weekend, I've been earning brownie points decorating the family pile.

Points will be used up next weekend, Friday-Sunday at Churn Pool in the Cotswolds along with Andy52, Stoogi, Mach3 and Nige Woodcock.

I'm grinning already.........

Ian

Not this weekend, I've been earning brownie points decorating the family pile.

Points will be used up next weekend, Friday-Sunday at Churn Pool in the Cotswolds along with Andy52, Stoogi, Mach3 and Nige Woodcock.

I'm grinning already.........

Ian

Did you get any balls?

Wooden balls to stop getting crayed?

I could suggest

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20mm-Plain-Natural-Unfinished-Wooden-Balls-10-20-or-30-for-crafts-/121681052349?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item1c54c182bd

Soak them in a bait soak similar to your freebies, crays don't damage them

i had a hunt for the missing carp on a favourite spot of mine this afternoon(i love looking round watching em in my kayak),this year the canadian weed has taken hold more than ive seen in previous years,the usual overhangs and fallen trees dont seem to attract the amount of carp as last year.

Well today i sat nestled in the weed watching carp in the weed and found the spot which held the most,(which is close to the open deeper water) and from the banking next friday i will dredge this area creating a semi circle,i use a tarmac rake which i bolt into some aluminium scaffolding tubes,which i join together with scaffold clips,so from the banking i can get a good distance out,so thats next weekends trip sorted ! 

Did you get any balls?

Wooden balls to stop getting crayed?

I could suggest

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/20mm-Plain-Natural-Unfinished-Wooden-Balls-10-20-or-30-for-crafts-/121681052349?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item1c54c182bd

Soak them in a bait soak similar to your freebies, crays don't damage them

Nick this might be a stupid question but will they float?, as in have to be used as a pop up? Edited by muftyboy

Nick this might be a stupid question but will they float?, as in have to be used as a pop up?

Not a stupid question at all.

The first few days I did have to put extra weigh to keep them down in the form of a shot on the hair

Brand new before glugging yes, then as the glugging takes effect, they sink.

Mine have been soaking for a few weeks now, and most do sink.

It may seem stupid, but my counterbalance is a rock hard meshed bottom bait. The ball goes on the hair, which I jam in place with a boilie stop pushed in the hole or a shot on the hair. I then drill and thread on the bottom bait.

I don't know if you have access to Bill Cottam's book Behind The Rods?

There is a very good explanation in there with some pics.

Shows how good the carp look in horseshoe if you say things like that dal! The bottom one is from a (relativley) recent stocking of VS fish. Around 6 or 7 years old perhaps? They have taken on a lovely dark colour in there and look as though they have been there for years. Some of them are pushing 30 now. When they first went in, I was catching them at 12-15lb.

I will be doing my first full day session since my lad was born on Wednesday (been doing 4hr morning sessions). Not 100% sure where yet but kingsbury water park is high on the list.

Your son was born on Wednesday and your already going fishing???, hehe