Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
Slate Blackcurrant Watermelon Strawberry Orange Banana Apple Emerald Chocolate Marble
rosstheangler

Anyone fishing?

Not me yet, But I did spook something out from an outlet pipe today that got me excited  :o I thought it was a bird at first , as the reeds folded and a bow wave moved away, but after  getting stung getting to the concrete ledge it was clear nothing  feathered was swimming away, I'd only sprinkled a few baits there a few hours before hand....Roll on the 16th!!!

I'm taking my daughter up to my dad's caravan tomorrow and it's got a small lake there.

She loves baiting up for me and I'm gonna try to get her to have a go with the rod although she has always refused in the past.

Just curious Muft , St Osyth's ?

Now mate.

Marsh farm in saxmundham.

Only small carp but its more about family time.

There are some BIG perch in there. We are talking 3lb plus, prawns a good bait for them :wink:

I did manage a day out Thursday, fishing for tench and had a 4lb 8oz male, but couldn't get the carp on dog biscuits.

I do have to work Sunday and Monday, but it's Sunday hours, so I might wangle a few hours after work either day as the rods are ready!

It was 1016 yesterday, would prefer it lower without the north easterly i was getting this morning, dont like any easterly winds, its always bad news.

Personally I like it really low (below 1000), or really high ( over 1020).

Seem to have better results.

When it's in the middle and fluctuates I find I struggle.

The lows or dropping pressure when its been high for a while will get you the best results, the moon phases come in to play , waxing or waning with a dropping pressure, bingo, 1020 or above, stay in bed Mike, thirty years of journals cant be wrong, the exceception is sea trout.

I've had some of my best sessions in really high pressure, not in the day but the last couple of hours of light as the temp drops and the sun gets lower.

During the day I agree , might as well reel the rods in.

Bribery :wink:

I used to take them quite often, I even took them to school matches where my youngest did quite well winning some, but she got naffed off when she won a keep net and various bits and pieces instead of money :confused: Then when she got a thick phone with fake-book on it leading to early finishes.

My eldest unfortunately takes after me  :oops: and spent most of her time day dreaming and watching me untangle her line.

Catapults kept their interest for a bit :lol:

(Hopefully) Doing my mad Friday drive to the lake tomorrow until Sunday.

Particles were boiled last night, bait is already, tackle is sorted, after removing a bundle of cotton wool pollen from my line, that lead to me putting fresh Greased Lightning on the line to reduce problems casting and to improve the abrasion resistance and then fresh rigs on the end.

Basically all i have to do on casting after choosing a swim is leads on and bait on the hair.

I've been waiting weeks to get out, and the river was calling so I have tomorrow booked off to get down there. Luck had other plans and I have tonsillitis, totally zapped my energy. Absolutely gutted! :(

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I've been waiting weeks to get out, and the river was calling so I have tomorrow booked off to get down there. Luck had other plans and I have tonsillitis, totally zapped my energy. Absolutely gutted! :(

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

I feel for you Ddgx .

Maybe you could kid yourself that it's going to chuck it down tomorrow , and you and your gear would all get soaked and all the cold water entering the river would put the fish off the feed .

I hope you soon have another opportunity to get out .